Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle Help

Reviews Summary for PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle
PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle Reviews: 91 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99. USD
Description: Triangle shaped antenna. Horizontally polarized whose pattern is within 0.8db of being a perfect circle. Exhibits a wide bandwidth.
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle.

K4CMC Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2014 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Great bang for the buck  Time owned: more than 12 months
I mounted this antenna on a section of PVC pipe which I nailed to a tree at about 20 feet feeding it with LMR400. Worked dozens of DX stations in the past few weeks including Portugal and several South American stations from Tennessee. Have now worked 48 out of 50 states using this antenna lacking only AK and HI for WAS 6 meters. Unbelievable performance for an omni directional antenna.

K8NS Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2014 03:20 Send this review to a friend
Product support, second to none.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I will write the summary first. Does the antenna perform well; YES. Does it outperform my existing AV-620 multiband vertical; YES. Is the antenna easy and quick to assemble; YES. Is the antenna easy to tune; YES. Is it easy to install; YES. Is the SWR low; YES 1:1. Are the instructions clear and understandable; YES, and an assembly/tuning video is available on PAR Electronics web site. Does the Manufacture support his product; above and beyond the call of duty. My installation is; the OA-50 installed at 21 ft., on my existing TV mast, 6 ft. above the TV antenna and feed with 40 ft. of #400 coax and running 100w from a IC-7410. On the air performance has been 35 states(including Alaska) and 16 countries on 4 continents worked over the last 4 months. The unit is a NO gain antenna,as specified by the manufacture, however the advantage the antenna provides me with is; the Omni directional design allowing me to work 6m openings that are from multi directions at the same time. My log shows sequential contacts from W1,K8,k0.W5 and KP4 in a 5 min period during the past June VHF contest. If I had to rotate a yagi, I would have never worked these stations during that time period. The construction, material and finish of the antenna is excellent. a definite 5.

NC5G Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2014 09:19 Send this review to a friend
Good Investment  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Based on user recommendations, reviews on this site, and exchanging a few emails with Dale, I purchased this antenna. Construction is top notch, and assembly was quick. Initially I mounted the antenna on a 7ft. pole for tuning. Took only a few minutes using the SWR bridge in my radio. First contact was with a ND station at this height and 10 watts from East Texas. After mounting it up about 30ft., first contacts were with CA and FL. Since then, I have worked stations in all directions from local to over 1100 miles. Needless to say, I am very pleased with it's performance and consider it a good investment.

W5AKU Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2014 16:04 Send this review to a friend
Great Omni Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When the Spring Winds left my HF Log and my 6M5 Beam stuck to the north early this spring i ordered the OA-50 from PAR. The customer service is superb and after a few days it arrived. The assembly and tuning is a snap. A few days after side mounting it on my Tower leg,, at the 30 ft level, as high as i care to go at my age, 75. I enjoyed a nice band opening from w4,w5,w0,w6,w7 with good SSB and CW reports from the Kenwood TS-590 @ 100 watts, in early May 2014. Sign me up , its a Keeper !! Thanks Dale !

WB5F Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2014 07:44 Send this review to a friend
Money well spent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used one of the OA-50's with great success for a while so; I thought I would get the stacking kit and another antenna. Before taking down the original, I contacted several local hams on 6 meters and got signal reports. After putting up and tuning the stacked set (which was a breeze with the instructions supplied) I was very pleased with the new signal reports. The receive side showed a marked improvement with no change in the noise floor. Whether you use a single antenna or a stacked set, these are some of the best you will find. Quality of construction is great and customer service is the best Iíve found. There is a reason you see all the 5ís in the review of this product. It deserves them.

WA5WUX Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2014 18:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna functions up to specifications and is used for local contacts that range from 5 to 75 miles. The omni characteristic was tested using a station about 12 miles away and rotating the Omni Angle through 360 degrees. The analog S-meter reading varied less than half and S unit throughout the rotation. This antenna has eliminated the need to rotate my beam to talk to everyone in the area. The antenna assembled in about 10 minutes and using an analyzer, was tuned in about 10 more minutes. The materials of construction are very high quality and balun rating is just right for a 100 to 150 watt rig. Great antenna!

KG4NEL Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2014 12:31 Send this review to a friend
Excellent alternative to a dipole  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a Par loop over ten years ago as my first commercial six meter antenna - my introduction to the "Magic Band" had been a homebrewed dipole. "Building" the Par took only a few short moments, and I was on the air with a very low VSWR. I'd recommend one to any ham looking for a longer-lasting version of a wire dipole - I didn't have the vertical space at the time, but I would have liked to try the two-loop stacked version. One peculiarity of six meters is the directionality of the openings; sometimes having an omni antenna is more advantageous than a Yagi pointed in the wrong direction for a sporadic-E opening.

K7TCE Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2014 10:51 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna & customer support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this OA-50 up for 2 or 3 years now. On two occasions I thought it may have malfunctioned, but in one case it was a bad coax connection, and the other a blown output circuit in my transceiver. Every time I've emailed Dale, even on weekends, I've gotten replies within a few hours. Hard to improve on the antenna or customer service.

KD8VMK Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2014 15:39 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great antenna ! Low SWR Easy to assemble and tune. After a year, still working great. Just ordered the 2meter antenna from Dale. Quick turn around, even though I sent him a check. Should have the antenna early next week
John / KD8VMK

W5LRU Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2013 12:37 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for 6 Meters  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I put up my OA-50 on July 1, 2013 at 18 ft and have worked 12 States, 16 grids and Mexico with it. My QTH is in North Texas and Mexico contact was nearly 1000 miles as a crow flies. I am very happy with SWR showing 1.1 to 1 from 50.100 to 51.250. My 6 Meter transceiver is the RCI 50-54 DX100. I have been a HAM for over 54 years and this is my first time ever to work 6 Meters and I'm really enjoying it. I don't sit and scan for activity every day but based on my experience, with the antenna so far, I would highly recommend this antenna to anyone. Took a whole 10 minutes to put together after it arrived.