Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle Help

Reviews Summary for PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle
PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle Reviews: 104 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99. USD
Description: Triangle shaped antenna. Horizontally polarized whose pattern is within 0.8db of being a perfect circle. Exhibits a wide bandwidth.
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle.

N4SJW Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2017 20:36 Send this review to a friend
Another perfect score  Time owned: months
Not much to add to all the other excellent reviews. several dB gain above a vertical, perfect for 6M digital, small foot print, excellent price and shipping . . . what more can you ask for? I'm having a ball on 6M JT65/FT8

K0OM Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2017 10:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I emailed Dale and told him to call it the 15 minute special. 10 minutes to assemble and 5 minutes to tune. I was surprised to see the all the JT signals when the band did not appear to be open. The antenna appears to be as advertised.
I think it is a winner and I am glad I bought it.

WX3P Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2017 09:58 Send this review to a friend
Just great!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used my OA-50 in the recent ARRL June VHF Contest. The performance was amazing considering I was operating as QRP Portable with 10 watts. Conditions weren't the best but this antenna worked wonders and I worked 34 new grids. Of course, I could hear better than transmit considering that 10 watts is sometimes hard to break through a pileup.

The other aspect of these antennas is how rugged they are. Last winter during the January VHF contest, my antenna came loose in the wind and snow and fell about 60 feet along with some branches. A little straightening and all was good. These are tough little units.

Dale is great to work with if you have a question or need a part (I lost the nosepiece when it fell in the snow - only to be found the day the day the replacement arrived.

I use this daily for JT65 and I couldn't be happier. I am now thinking about getting a second one for stacking.

F6EJU Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2017 04:30 Send this review to a friend
OA-50 6 Meter antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy antenna to set-up.
The concept looks very good and smart.
A big difference on the signal and noise reduction vs to my Diamond Cp5...
Very efficient customers services.
73 from F6EJU
jean claude

W4CWO Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2017 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Very Happy with my OA-50 Antenna   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the OA-50 to upgrade my 6 meter antenna from a dipole. I do not have the space in my non-HOA neighborhood to use a Yagi. The first day I had the antenna installed, the band was opened and I worked a bunch of stations I would not have even heard with the dipole. Yesterday, I worked two stations when the band was "dead". Again I would not have heard them with the dipole. Plus, my ears think there is less QSB with this antenna.

For a space limited antenna, this one cannot be beat. 73!

KA3CFX Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2017 09:39 Send this review to a friend
HOA stealth antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I concur with all positive remarks previously made of Dale's gracious customer service, quality of construction and materials, ease of assembly, ease of tuning, and outstanding performance of PAR's 6m Omniangle antenna. If I have but one regret with my purchase, it is that I must hide this attractive antenna in my attic for fear of the HOA police. hi hi. But please take note my fellow property-restricted ham enthusiasts; installed easily and neatly in my attic the OA-50 performs as well as I had ever hoped for, cranking out QRP JT-65 and meteor scatter contacts. Thanks, Dale for a fine product!

K5HFG Rating: 5/5 Sep 26, 2016 19:07 Send this review to a friend
For ease of set up, price and performance, this antenna fits th  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have to say that the OA-50 antenna is remarkable for all it is. I finally stopped reading reviews and talked to Dale at PAR. He was very helpful in my decision to try the OA-50. It was in my hands within 5 days of ordering and took half an hour to assemble, tune and install. After installation it performed admirably with receive sensitivity over my coaxial dipole by 30 dBm installed at the same position. This antenna has worked for me. You should consider it if you are looking for a good 6 meter antenna.

WB0FTY Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2016 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have had this antenna now for 3 months and I am extremely pleased with it. I contacted Dale and his help and service is second to none. Generally my questions were answered via email within a hour. This antenna is a great antenna and works extremely well. Even when the band is not at it's best at 32' I have had several question my antenna with 100w. Anyone getting one won't be sorry.

K9HFX Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2015 12:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've owned several 6 meter antennas over the years, from yagi's to various commercial built loops (M2) to homebuilt ones, and Par's OA-50 is definitely a step up from most. Received the antenna within a few days after ordering (excellent), and upon unpacking, was VERY impressed with the quality, and ease of assembly. The pattern on the Omniangles puts them a notch above the rest also. HIGHLY recommended, you will NOT be disappointed!

KQ9J Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2015 20:04 Send this review to a friend
Very happy with it  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered it on a Sunday night and it was there on Friday morning. Excellent machining and quality materials. Went together quickly (I also watched the YouTube assembly video while waiting for it to come, so I kinda cheated).

Mounted it on my tower at 35' fed with some 1/2 inch surplus CATV coax. SWR under 1.5 from 50 to 54 mhz. I set it with my analyzer before I hung it up, you have to flex the tubes a bit to adjust it so best done before it is way up on the tower.

First contact Texas and second contact Mexico with 70 watts CW. Not much activity on the band at the time.

Nice little antenna.