Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle Help

Reviews Summary for PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle
PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle Reviews: 92 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99. USD
Description: Triangle shaped antenna. Horizontally polarized whose pattern is within 0.8db of being a perfect circle. Exhibits a wide bandwidth.
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle.

W5LRU Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2013 12:37 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for 6 Meters  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I put up my OA-50 on July 1, 2013 at 18 ft and have worked 12 States, 16 grids and Mexico with it. My QTH is in North Texas and Mexico contact was nearly 1000 miles as a crow flies. I am very happy with SWR showing 1.1 to 1 from 50.100 to 51.250. My 6 Meter transceiver is the RCI 50-54 DX100. I have been a HAM for over 54 years and this is my first time ever to work 6 Meters and I'm really enjoying it. I don't sit and scan for activity every day but based on my experience, with the antenna so far, I would highly recommend this antenna to anyone. Took a whole 10 minutes to put together after it arrived.

KI5FJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2013 04:52 Send this review to a friend
Up 15 Years!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have enjoyed two phased on the side of the tower. Top OA-50 up 29 Ft. These are PHASED one above the other. 100 Watts yielded 228 Grids, 43 states.73 Joe O,NNNN

KJ4KKI Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2013 15:58 Send this review to a friend
Works Great & Easy to Set SWR  Time owned: more than 12 months
An addition to my previous review. Due to life getting in the way, it took me a while to route coax to the antenna to actually use it. As is common to 6m, one day it is; the next "hour" it isn't... Anyway, the band opened up and I was talking S9 to stations in south Florida and south Texas. It's only 20 feet in the air, and while that is easily 1/2 wavelength for 50 MHz, it still isn't very high in the air. Earlier, I had gotten an MFJ-259B and double-checked the SWR. I knew it had been very low, based on my FT-450's SWR meter. The MFJ showed it to be right at 1.0-1.1:1. This was a very good match and the ability to get it so near the perfect setting was great. This is especially true, considering it was tuned 8 feet off of the ground, attached to a painter pole. In addition to being a high quality antenna, it looks really nice attached to my tower. The reason it is only 20 feet, is that I have a dipole at 30 feet, and Dale suggested putting some space between them. If it were just a bit higher, I'd get a second one and use it with a phasing harness. I'm quite pleased with it so far.

KV1P Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2013 06:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Best investment you can make this antenna is just Fantastic, and the support from Dale is also excellent.

N3CAL Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2013 11:54 Send this review to a friend
Awsome Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased on of these after seeing article in QST magazine. Very easy to put together. I have it on a 25' mast in the backyard next to my shed. It's been a blast working JT65 this past month. Hears much better than any of of my other antennas. Using stock Yaesu FTdx-3000 have worked over 20 states so far during openings. It's a keeper.

W0CKI Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2013 16:08 Send this review to a friend
Great performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Wow, great performance, A terrific antenna. Mechanically sound, easy to tune, flat SWR on the entire band and just simply works!!

W5DGM Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2013 04:44 Send this review to a friend
Wow! Suprising Performance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Ordered the OA-50 loop antenna from Dale. I asked him about modifying the mounting bracket to accomodate mounting on a 2 inch mast. He said no problem. Assembly was simple. Installed the antenna on my tower, initially had some vswr issues. A quick call to Dale, problem solved - I mistuned the loop. The antenna performs extremely well. Thank you Dale for making such a great antenna. I will buy more of these antennas. It is worth every penny. I recommend it.

KD4MYE Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2013 08:26 Send this review to a friend
4-STACKED, GREAT PERFORMANCE  Time owned: more than 12 months
4 Stacked OA-50 Pars @ 134'

I purchased my first Par antenna over 10 years ago, using on a van to operate rover contest and emergency response vehicles, GREAT SUCESS ! Several years later purchased a pair an stacked @ 90 ft.,Again, unbelievable performance. Three years ago I stacked 4 Pars on tower @ 134 ft. operating with up to 700 watts. I have a 7 element beam above the stacked AO-50 Pars .After making many comparison test between the 2 antennas,I use the 4-stacked 80% calling nets, contesting, ragchewing and montoring with less than 2bD signal loss on Tx/Rx, and good reports from fellow hams.
Dale at Par Electronic has provided service info on installing. drawn diagrams, cable lengths, and built the 4- harness, with great products, service and amazing performance in the Par Antennas

Roger
Wake Forest, NC

W0ZY Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2012 17:20 Send this review to a friend
Unbelievable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the OA-50 to use on Field Day. Put it on a 20' pole and worked over 200 contacts in 2 hours once the band opened up. Had great reports from everyone I worked nation wide. Since then, I have mounted it on my tower again at 20' and I use it 90% of the time and constantly get good reports. I will switch between it and my Mosley TA-63N at 40' and it will normally match or exceed the performance. I am blown away how good this antenna works.
It's only rated at 200 watts which is ample when the band is open. I DO NOT recommend using over the power rating for this antenna. I once forgot which antenna I was on and accidentally dumped 1kw into it on cw. Amazingly it still works.
Dale at Par Electronics is a great and the service is top notch. I'm waiting for the new improved higher power version of this antenna to hit the market. I would not hesitate to buy any of his products for any band. Tuning is a snap and you can have it on the air in less than 30 minutes.

XE2X Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2012 19:16 Send this review to a friend
GREAT ANTENNA   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Greetings to all from mexico (EL06), What can I say about this antenna that has not been said before, I just want to mention that after several attempts to get an antenna of this kind finally received one, since the work of packing and shipping to the quality of the materials used are of excellent quality, Dale offers excellent service and always willing to clarify any questions, so if you are looking for an antenna of this kind do not hesitate to buy one surely you'll be very satisfied with your purchase I have no more to say than to thank Dale for such great products and services, I hope soon to have my stack to 50 MHz and 144MHz, CU soon on the magic band 73 from XE2X (EL06)