Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle Help

Reviews Summary for PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle
PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle Reviews: 97 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $99. USD
Description: Triangle shaped antenna. Horizontally polarized whose pattern is within 0.8db of being a perfect circle. Exhibits a wide bandwidth.
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com

You can write your own review of the PAR OA-50 6 Meter Omniangle.

WB5F Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2014 07:44 Send this review to a friend
Money well spent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used one of the OA-50's with great success for a while so; I thought I would get the stacking kit and another antenna. Before taking down the original, I contacted several local hams on 6 meters and got signal reports. After putting up and tuning the stacked set (which was a breeze with the instructions supplied) I was very pleased with the new signal reports. The receive side showed a marked improvement with no change in the noise floor. Whether you use a single antenna or a stacked set, these are some of the best you will find. Quality of construction is great and customer service is the best Iíve found. There is a reason you see all the 5ís in the review of this product. It deserves them.

WA5WUX Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2014 18:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna functions up to specifications and is used for local contacts that range from 5 to 75 miles. The omni characteristic was tested using a station about 12 miles away and rotating the Omni Angle through 360 degrees. The analog S-meter reading varied less than half and S unit throughout the rotation. This antenna has eliminated the need to rotate my beam to talk to everyone in the area. The antenna assembled in about 10 minutes and using an analyzer, was tuned in about 10 more minutes. The materials of construction are very high quality and balun rating is just right for a 100 to 150 watt rig. Great antenna!

KG4NEL Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2014 12:31 Send this review to a friend
Excellent alternative to a dipole  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a Par loop over ten years ago as my first commercial six meter antenna - my introduction to the "Magic Band" had been a homebrewed dipole. "Building" the Par took only a few short moments, and I was on the air with a very low VSWR. I'd recommend one to any ham looking for a longer-lasting version of a wire dipole - I didn't have the vertical space at the time, but I would have liked to try the two-loop stacked version. One peculiarity of six meters is the directionality of the openings; sometimes having an omni antenna is more advantageous than a Yagi pointed in the wrong direction for a sporadic-E opening.

K7TCE Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2014 10:51 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna & customer support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this OA-50 up for 2 or 3 years now. On two occasions I thought it may have malfunctioned, but in one case it was a bad coax connection, and the other a blown output circuit in my transceiver. Every time I've emailed Dale, even on weekends, I've gotten replies within a few hours. Hard to improve on the antenna or customer service.

KD8VMK Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2014 15:39 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great antenna ! Low SWR Easy to assemble and tune. After a year, still working great. Just ordered the 2meter antenna from Dale. Quick turn around, even though I sent him a check. Should have the antenna early next week
John / KD8VMK

W5LRU Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2013 12:37 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for 6 Meters  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I put up my OA-50 on July 1, 2013 at 18 ft and have worked 12 States, 16 grids and Mexico with it. My QTH is in North Texas and Mexico contact was nearly 1000 miles as a crow flies. I am very happy with SWR showing 1.1 to 1 from 50.100 to 51.250. My 6 Meter transceiver is the RCI 50-54 DX100. I have been a HAM for over 54 years and this is my first time ever to work 6 Meters and I'm really enjoying it. I don't sit and scan for activity every day but based on my experience, with the antenna so far, I would highly recommend this antenna to anyone. Took a whole 10 minutes to put together after it arrived.

KI5FJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2013 04:52 Send this review to a friend
Up 15 Years!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have enjoyed two phased on the side of the tower. Top OA-50 up 29 Ft. These are PHASED one above the other. 100 Watts yielded 228 Grids, 43 states.73 Joe O,NNNN

KJ4KKI Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2013 15:58 Send this review to a friend
Works Great & Easy to Set SWR  Time owned: more than 12 months
An addition to my previous review. Due to life getting in the way, it took me a while to route coax to the antenna to actually use it. As is common to 6m, one day it is; the next "hour" it isn't... Anyway, the band opened up and I was talking S9 to stations in south Florida and south Texas. It's only 20 feet in the air, and while that is easily 1/2 wavelength for 50 MHz, it still isn't very high in the air. Earlier, I had gotten an MFJ-259B and double-checked the SWR. I knew it had been very low, based on my FT-450's SWR meter. The MFJ showed it to be right at 1.0-1.1:1. This was a very good match and the ability to get it so near the perfect setting was great. This is especially true, considering it was tuned 8 feet off of the ground, attached to a painter pole. In addition to being a high quality antenna, it looks really nice attached to my tower. The reason it is only 20 feet, is that I have a dipole at 30 feet, and Dale suggested putting some space between them. If it were just a bit higher, I'd get a second one and use it with a phasing harness. I'm quite pleased with it so far.

KV1P Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2013 06:08 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Best investment you can make this antenna is just Fantastic, and the support from Dale is also excellent.

N3CAL Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2013 11:54 Send this review to a friend
Awsome Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased on of these after seeing article in QST magazine. Very easy to put together. I have it on a 25' mast in the backyard next to my shed. It's been a blast working JT65 this past month. Hears much better than any of of my other antennas. Using stock Yaesu FTdx-3000 have worked over 20 states so far during openings. It's a keeper.