Reviews Categories | Ham Repeater Controllers | Computer Automation Technology - CAT-200 Repeater Controller Help

Reviews Summary for Computer Automation Technology - CAT-200 Repeater Controller
Computer Automation Technology - CAT-200 Repeater Controller Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$159.00
Description: This controller was specially developed to provide sophisticated two port repeater and link operation, packed full of rich features, at a fantastic low cost. Some of the features include: Programmable Voice Messages, Remote Base Port, Thirty Two Controlling Functions, Four Logic Inputs, Four User Function Outputs, Peet Weather Station Interface for Weather reporting just to name a few!
More info: http://www.catauto.com/cat200.html

You can write your own review of the Computer Automation Technology - CAT-200 Repeater Controller.

KB8ZXE Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2009 10:57 Send this review to a friend
Good Controller  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned a CAT-200 for several years now. When I was building my repeater I had a tough time picking out a controller but I am glad I went with the CAT-200. Setting up the audio levels is a snap with the 5 pots that it has. Keypad test is a very useful feature. Programming follows an easy to understand scheme. Fan control is also very useful for turning on a fan when the repeater is transmitting. The plus 12volts on the DB-25 connector is nice too. Status LEDs would be nice but surely not required. I would have also liked to see both ports on a separate connector (port1 on a DB-9 and port2 on a DB-9)but having one DB-25 can have advantages too. Best of all CAT is very easy to work with and they get back to you very quickly if you have a question.

KC0GLA Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2009 16:36 Send this review to a friend
Great Controller  Time owned: more than 12 months
I put one of these in a repeater. I used the link for an IRLP link for a long time. Only problem is that the factory fuse blew. I found out that there was a change to the design used for that size of fuse. I replaced with a new style fuse and no more problems. The fuse problem was not a controller design problem.

KC9GMH Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2008 22:32 Send this review to a friend
Great controller for the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very easy to program and has alot of features, for $200 its worth it. Work very well with my Kenwood TKR-750 repeater. I also have a Motorola m1225 as a link radio for our local skywarn repeater.

N1RIK Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2008 19:21 Send this review to a friend
Great controller!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The first Cat-200 Controller I purchased came with my GE Rangr UHF Repeater package I purchased about a year ago. I had previously been fond of the MCC RC-1000 controllers, which has pletty curtosy tones that you can create. What I did find out is with the RC-1000, is that it DOES NOT have independent RX and TX level controls for the repeater and remote base ports. This caused some issues with my 2 meter repeater. Once I experienced how simple it was to use a link radio with my Cat-200 controller on the 440 repeater, I had to replace my RC-1000 on the 2 meter. I have been happy with my Cat-200 controllers. They are fairly simple. They have a digital voice ID, no clock, limited courtesy tone options, however they interface great between your repeater and link radio. Also it features options to be used as a weather station (I have no use for that either). If I ever upgrade from this controller, it'll be another cat, like maybe a 300. A++++

You can hear mine on the air here:

Covering Moore County in North Carolina

145.370 -/offset PL 179.9 hz - Southern Pines, NC
442.250 +/offset PL 179.9 hz - Carthage/Cameron, NC

73 ~ Bill, N1RIK

NA6DF Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2004 13:14 Send this review to a friend
outstandin  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had one for quite a while, and would say "mega-dittos" to all the aforementioned comments! Great job, CAT!

dave

WA1MIK Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2004 11:58 Send this review to a friend
Simple but does the job  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my first one in early 2002 along with their serial interface. Worked flawlessly with a pair of Motorola MaxTracs. They sent me a couple of firmware upgrades for free. Bought a second one in 2004 to interface with a Motorola MSF5000. Made my own serial interface for $10. Bought the audio delay boards with each one. They have a nice BBS and are easy to contact. Very fast tech support when needed. They accept comments and are open to suggestions. The prices have gone up a bit, however. Still a good deal for what it does. May buy a third unit for yet another MSF5000.

KB8ZXE Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2004 22:54 Send this review to a friend
Great Controller for the money!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had the Cat-200 controller for about six months now. It is the best controller that you can buy for your money. It has a lot of features such as voice id, ked pad test, link port and more. It is also pretty easy to program over the air. I would buy another Cat-200 without question.

Bob KB8ZXE

VE7RMY Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2004 03:38 Send this review to a friend
Trouble Free  Time owned: more than 12 months
I started to use this controller since April 2001 with a WR Repeater. I like the Over the Air programming feature via DTMF, DTMF Pad Tester and Voice ID. This is a great controller and the manual was very easy to follow. It's been trouble free for 3 years now. (www.qsl.net/va7pre)

KB3HJN Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2004 16:06 Send this review to a friend
Really good Controller.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had a CAT-200 for almost a year now and it serves as a great repeater controller. CAT has done a great job in the design on this controller, and at the price of $199.00, you can't really beat it for what you get. To hear it on the air, listen on 146.64MHz - in Pleasantville, Pennsylvania.

Aaron Riley, KB3HJN