Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Loops-N-More 6M Loop (formerly KB6KQ 6m loops) Help

Reviews Summary for Loops-N-More 6M Loop (formerly KB6KQ 6m loops)
Loops-N-More 6M Loop (formerly KB6KQ 6m loops) Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $85
Description: 6 meter 1/2 wave horizontally polzarized loop
More info: http://loopsnmore.com

You can write your own review of the Loops-N-More 6M Loop (formerly KB6KQ 6m loops).

K2EZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2015 09:39 Send this review to a friend
Good even at high speed  Time owned: 6 to 12 months

I am currently using four LNM loops on my rover, one 6M, two 2M/70cm and one 1.25M loop. I have used them in two VHF contests so far.

I find them very easy to tune and performance has been great for an Omni antenna.

In my rover setup (shown on my QRZ page) I had to put the four loops into close proximity on a single mast. Factory tuning was good individually but together in close proximity required me to adjust tuning just a little. Adjusting was as simple as loosening one screw and changing the gap. It took me no time at all to get them all tuned.

I have had zero troubles with tuning going awry since it was set. Dry weather, wet weather, and it has held despite hitting the occasional low hanging tree branch.

I did have SWR go awry on my 6M loop once after 5 months, but that turned out to be a screw that came loose after 5 months. Tightening that and it was back to normal and no re-tuning needed.

Another thing that has been nice on the rover is this array of antennas is quiet. None of the antennas "sing" making audible noise or any crazy vibrations while moving even at highway speeds. Most of the loops are mounted in the recommended trailing position, but out of necessity I have one forward mounted (not recommended) and even that one behaves although I added some semi flexible wire insulation to act as guys to keep it secured and dampen any vibration.

Overall I am quite happy.

N2RRA Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2015 20:49 Send this review to a friend
The Best Loops on Market Hands Down!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this design of the KB6KQ loop for years and having M2 squared loops and others nothing out there beats these loops.

In fact I'm thinking about buying another 6m and 2m loop so I can phase them. I've used them both rover and as base and just love the performance and quality. The SWR's never change no matter what Mother Nature has thrown at them.

They actually work quite well for local repeaters up to a good considerable distance. Add a little power through them and they'll work even better.

It's a purchase you won't regret.

N8YQX Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2015 17:54 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
With the antenna mounted on top of a colonial, I've worked over 3 dozen grids so far with very casual operation. The SWR is low (1:1.1 max) out of the box on the calling frequency, and is below 1:1.5 within the typical weak signal sub-band. SWR change from rain isn't significant enough to prevent me from operating.

Pro:
-Well built and easy to assemble
-Pre-tuned
-Omnidirectional (no need to point the antenna)

Con:
-Shipping is expensive for 6m version

WX4DM Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2013 18:51 Send this review to a friend
Great so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna a couple of weeks ago and installed it in my attic. So far it seems to be working really well for local and regional contacts. Bill - AD0CW - kept me up to date as he was processing and shipping my order, and it arrived really quickly. I had already tried another 6M loop from a different company and in my opinion the loops-n-more product is heavier and more well made.

VE2PIJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2012 17:00 Send this review to a friend
222MHz  Time owned: more than 12 months

my 222MHz work very well

N3ZC Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2009 04:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great loops..I had the 6M and a pair of 2M loops from Norm.....Sadly...Norm/KB6KQ became a SK this past June...

W5WAA Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2009 04:06 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had this antenna for 3 years, am always amazed at the performance. When the band is not even open you can still work a few people. It's a very quiet antenna, very low noise. Quality is as good as it gets. I don't know if it is being made anymore, but if you can find one get it.

K9XT Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2007 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Installed at approx 25 feet, which is about 5 feet above the roof of my house. Amazing results with 100 watts. Good construction. Have not noticed the issue with rising SWR during rain.

K7VO Rating: 2/5 May 6, 2006 14:15 Send this review to a friend
Detunes badly in wet weather  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had an AEA Halo 6 which detuned badly in wet weather. My first attempt to replace it was the KB6KQ loop and the results were just the same: when it rains or snows the SWR goes through the roof. I finally bought the KU4AB loop at Dayton last year and it does not suffer from the detuning problem. Neither does the Par OmniAngle, which I have also tried. The construction of the KB6KQ loop is OK but I prefer the solid rod used by KU4AB. All in all this is not an antenna I can recommend.

KA3NXN Rating: 3/5 Apr 28, 2006 06:12 Send this review to a friend
Good, but has an issue  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine for over 2 years now and I have had in issue with the 2 meter loops from about 3 months after I purchased them and now the 6 meter loops are doing the same thing. What mine are doing is the SWR will go through the roof when it rains. What we figured out was happening was that there was mold building up in the insulator an when it gets wet the insulator became a conductor. The 2 meter loops started doing this after only being up for a few months and now the 6 meter loops are having the same issue . It took the 6 meter units much longer to have this problem because the insulator is much larger. When the loops work they work very well. But now I have to go up on the roof and take them down and clean them. This is not an easy task. Especially because I have to remove the insulator and then replace it and retune each antenna. Then 3 months from now I have to do it alll over agin with the 2 meter loops. I have tried coating them with wax and all other kinds of insulating products, but they only last a short while. I'm sorry to say but I am going to sell the loops and look for some that do not have an insulator. I am using them as base antennas & I live in central VA. Is anybody else having this problem?