Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Loops-N-More 6M Loop (formerly KB6KQ 6m loops) Help

Reviews Summary for Loops-N-More 6M Loop (formerly KB6KQ 6m loops)
Loops-N-More 6M Loop (formerly KB6KQ 6m loops) Reviews: 25 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $85
Description: 6 meter 1/2 wave horizontally polzarized loop
More info: http://loopsnmore.com

You can write your own review of the Loops-N-More 6M Loop (formerly KB6KQ 6m loops).

KK9H Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2017 12:03 Send this review to a friend
Back on 6M again  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For many years I have had a 3-element yagi and rotor on a roof mounted tripod. This spring we had our roof redone and I decided to not have the tripod any more so I sold the yagi and rotor. However, I do want to be able to operate on 6M from time to time so I bought the Loops-N-More 6M halo antenna. I did still have a chimney mounted VHF/UHF dual band antenna on a 5 ft. mast so I installed the halo about 6 inches below it. The assembly of the halo was easy and straight forward. The instructions were clear and easy to follow. Once mounted on the mast it was checked with a Rig Expert AA-54 and found it to be exactly as described as it should be in the instuctions. The band wasn't open so I tested it with a friend who has a similar antenna, also about 30 ft. up and lives 27 miles away. I was using my 100 watt K3 and received a 15dB over S9 report so it clearly works. The component quality of this antenna is superb and it should last for many many years to come. You can't beat the classic halo design for a good horizontal omni-directional antenna on 6M.

73 de KK9H

W3UTD Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2017 05:14 Send this review to a friend
Awesome for Restricted Space  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After years of being in an HOA and trying all manner of compromises, I put this 6m loop outside about 20 feet up a tree, where no-one can see it. Over the last few months I have grabbed, Venezuela, Brazil, Spain, Bahamas, 3 grids on the West coast (I'm in PA) and of course a bunch more "local" USA Grids.
I do not run an Amplifier, just 100w barefoot, but this thing is built like a tank, and if I ever added an amp, I'm sure it would handle it just fine. You can't go wrong with this antenna.

K2EZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2015 09:39 Send this review to a friend
Good even at high speed  Time owned: 6 to 12 months

I am currently using four LNM loops on my rover, one 6M, two 2M/70cm and one 1.25M loop. I have used them in two VHF contests so far.

I find them very easy to tune and performance has been great for an Omni antenna.

In my rover setup (shown on my QRZ page) I had to put the four loops into close proximity on a single mast. Factory tuning was good individually but together in close proximity required me to adjust tuning just a little. Adjusting was as simple as loosening one screw and changing the gap. It took me no time at all to get them all tuned.

I have had zero troubles with tuning going awry since it was set. Dry weather, wet weather, and it has held despite hitting the occasional low hanging tree branch.

I did have SWR go awry on my 6M loop once after 5 months, but that turned out to be a screw that came loose after 5 months. Tightening that and it was back to normal and no re-tuning needed.

Another thing that has been nice on the rover is this array of antennas is quiet. None of the antennas "sing" making audible noise or any crazy vibrations while moving even at highway speeds. Most of the loops are mounted in the recommended trailing position, but out of necessity I have one forward mounted (not recommended) and even that one behaves although I added some semi flexible wire insulation to act as guys to keep it secured and dampen any vibration.

Overall I am quite happy.

N2RRA Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2015 20:49 Send this review to a friend
The Best Loops on Market Hands Down!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this design of the KB6KQ loop for years and having M2 squared loops and others nothing out there beats these loops.

In fact I'm thinking about buying another 6m and 2m loop so I can phase them. I've used them both rover and as base and just love the performance and quality. The SWR's never change no matter what Mother Nature has thrown at them.

They actually work quite well for local repeaters up to a good considerable distance. Add a little power through them and they'll work even better.

It's a purchase you won't regret.

N8YQX Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2015 17:54 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
With the antenna mounted on top of a colonial, I've worked over 3 dozen grids so far with very casual operation. The SWR is low (1:1.1 max) out of the box on the calling frequency, and is below 1:1.5 within the typical weak signal sub-band. SWR change from rain isn't significant enough to prevent me from operating.

Pro:
-Well built and easy to assemble
-Pre-tuned
-Omnidirectional (no need to point the antenna)

Con:
-Shipping is expensive for 6m version

WX4DM Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2013 18:51 Send this review to a friend
Great so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this antenna a couple of weeks ago and installed it in my attic. So far it seems to be working really well for local and regional contacts. Bill - AD0CW - kept me up to date as he was processing and shipping my order, and it arrived really quickly. I had already tried another 6M loop from a different company and in my opinion the loops-n-more product is heavier and more well made.

VE2PIJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2012 17:00 Send this review to a friend
222MHz  Time owned: more than 12 months

my 222MHz work very well

N3ZC Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2009 04:37 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great loops..I had the 6M and a pair of 2M loops from Norm.....Sadly...Norm/KB6KQ became a SK this past June...

W5WAA Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2009 04:06 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had this antenna for 3 years, am always amazed at the performance. When the band is not even open you can still work a few people. It's a very quiet antenna, very low noise. Quality is as good as it gets. I don't know if it is being made anymore, but if you can find one get it.

K9XT Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2007 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Installed at approx 25 feet, which is about 5 feet above the roof of my house. Amazing results with 100 watts. Good construction. Have not noticed the issue with rising SWR during rain.