Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Loops-N-More 6M Loop (formerly KB6KQ 6m loops) Help

Reviews Summary for Loops-N-More 6M Loop (formerly KB6KQ 6m loops)
Loops-N-More 6M Loop (formerly KB6KQ 6m loops) Reviews: 25 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $85
Description: 6 meter 1/2 wave horizontally polzarized loop
More info: http://loopsnmore.com

You can write your own review of the Loops-N-More 6M Loop (formerly KB6KQ 6m loops).

K7VO Rating: 2/5 May 6, 2006 14:15 Send this review to a friend
Detunes badly in wet weather  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had an AEA Halo 6 which detuned badly in wet weather. My first attempt to replace it was the KB6KQ loop and the results were just the same: when it rains or snows the SWR goes through the roof. I finally bought the KU4AB loop at Dayton last year and it does not suffer from the detuning problem. Neither does the Par OmniAngle, which I have also tried. The construction of the KB6KQ loop is OK but I prefer the solid rod used by KU4AB. All in all this is not an antenna I can recommend.

KA3NXN Rating: 3/5 Apr 28, 2006 06:12 Send this review to a friend
Good, but has an issue  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had mine for over 2 years now and I have had in issue with the 2 meter loops from about 3 months after I purchased them and now the 6 meter loops are doing the same thing. What mine are doing is the SWR will go through the roof when it rains. What we figured out was happening was that there was mold building up in the insulator an when it gets wet the insulator became a conductor. The 2 meter loops started doing this after only being up for a few months and now the 6 meter loops are having the same issue . It took the 6 meter units much longer to have this problem because the insulator is much larger. When the loops work they work very well. But now I have to go up on the roof and take them down and clean them. This is not an easy task. Especially because I have to remove the insulator and then replace it and retune each antenna. Then 3 months from now I have to do it alll over agin with the 2 meter loops. I have tried coating them with wax and all other kinds of insulating products, but they only last a short while. I'm sorry to say but I am going to sell the loops and look for some that do not have an insulator. I am using them as base antennas & I live in central VA. Is anybody else having this problem?

K4SGT Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2005 12:16 Send this review to a friend
What a performer!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like to really test a product before I give a review. This usually requires 6 months to a year to get an accurate feel for the product. This is not the case for this 6M loop. THIS IS HANDS DOWN AN AWESOME ANTENNA! I have made numerous contacts (Canada, Mexico, and 18 states in a month) from my apartment with 100w. I have one loop at a height of about 60 feet. Keep in mind that this is in Louisiana (barely sea level and deffinately not on a hill)! I have not had any problems with moisture detuning the antenna either. Oh, and last week I made a contact with a mobile station in Indiana (from Louisiana) who was running the SAME ANTENNA! I'm telling you, this one is a keeper!

SFD301 Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2004 05:22 Send this review to a friend
impressive!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this antenna after reading the reviews here and from others on his web site. After calling Norm and leaving a message he returned the call the same day and spoke with me for over 30 minutes about 6 meters and antennas. I was sold, and the antenna arrived a week later. I have it about 18' up due to the ice on the roof, and the feedline is LMR400. I will add another 10' when the ice melts ;)

Anyway, after the first day I worked Maine and NH. I was impressed since there was no real opening in the band. Then on 12/26 the band had an opening and I hit Nova Scotia, and later in the day I worked 12 stations in the midwest. Well, since then during the next opening in 12/04 here from NY I've worked 5,6,0,9 and 1 land.

Worth the $100 to get something on the air that actually performs. I'll be calling Norm about stacking the 6 meters.

The Construction is tops, stainless hardware, attention to detail, no burs and tight connections. I will not think twice about this purchase, finally one that comes through on the claims! Great Job NORM!!!

KC2NMX

WA5VFA Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2004 18:22 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding all the way  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I decided to give Norm a try based on the recommendations here and elsewhere. I placed the order for my 6M loop over the phone and Norm took the time to give many hints and suggestions on on how get the best performance. It arrived a week after the order was placed and upon installing it, I found that it had a flat SWR at precisely the point I requested. Norm takes the time to build a top-notch product and supports it 100% before and after the sale.

After one afternoon of use I was so impressed I immediately ordered a pair of 2M loops and phasing harness. I expect that they will display the same quality as his 6M product. I cannot overemphasize the visible care and craftsmanship he puts into his antennas.

Highly recommended!!!

KB4BJM Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2004 12:04 Send this review to a friend
Too bad it cant be rated a 6  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is one of my best antenna purchases. It is strong,solid and well thought out. Works as advertised and then some!Makes 6 meters worth the time again to go after. It is much better than my old AEA Halo-6.

KB9YUR Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2004 22:10 Send this review to a friend
It's a Winner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Though the 'Magic' band has been rather quite over the 6+ months that I've used the
antenna, I've still been able to add a few more states towards my goal of WAS.
The construction and quality are 100% top rated, and it took no more then 15
minutes to assemble it. Another plus is that it will not de-tune in the rain unlike
another 6m antenna I used to own. In short, it's well worth the price.
George ...

KV4DU Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2003 15:12 Send this review to a friend
GREAT ANTENNA !!!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
had the antenna for a week now mounted it on my pickup truck ... this antenna is unbeliveable ... takes abt 15 mins to put together and swr was 1.1 frm 50.000.00 to 50.700.00 nw that is not bad at all and if the antenna gets wet by rain or wat ever the swr is still flat out .. so if ur looking for a antenna u dont hve to hve a tuner to work and preform this is the one i talk local ever nite going to wrk and to a ham abt 100 miles away and no problem wrking him each nite out of mobile ... i highly recommend this antenna over all halo's ive had the halo by m2 and no match with this one when it would rain swr sky high and i bought abt 4 months ago a six ring halo by w8smd and dont waste ur money on it wrked ok when it wasnt raining but as soon as water hit it swr sky high had to buy a antenna tuner for abt 75 dollars to wrk it and the antenna cost 150 bucks with the balun box ... this halo antenna out preforms it too .... big differnce in reciving and transmitting ...

W9JCM Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2003 00:24 Send this review to a friend
Q is for Quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the whole line of his antennas. Nothing in the class beats them for performance and the quality. Norm takes allot of pride in his product and it does show. Stack 2 with a harness and you have something equal to a 3 element beam but omni directional! Why mess with a rotor. I am running one now but plan to stack a pair.

WB5VNX Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2002 22:07 Send this review to a friend
Nice construction  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not wanting to retune my 6 el beam for FM use for a local repeater this seemed the logical choice. Unfortunately the lady on the phone taking the order could barely get the order taken and didn't understand and didn't want to understand the phoentic alphabet; I found this odd for an amateur business. I was so frustrated at trying to get the order correct and placed I forgot to tell her to make it tuned to 53Mhz. Set up was quick and easy in less than 15 minutes it was on the tower leg at 20' where I could work on it standing on the roof. After trying the tuning procedures in the documentation I gave up and emailed Norm. He confirmed that I would have to cut it to get that far up the band. Using a plumbers tubing cutter, reamer tool I proceeded to tune it. Once at what was the approximate place I had to redrill the insulator holes and reconnected the insulator. All stainless hardware makes this appear to be a very rugged antenna. Indeed it is rated for mobile use.

I highly recommend it as a very compact solution for a base / mobile antenna.