Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Yaesu SP6 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu SP6
Yaesu SP6 Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $149.95
Description: External speaker with audio filters. Matches the FT990 in size and appearance.

You can write your own review of the Yaesu SP6.

KB0PTV Rating: 4/5 Oct 16, 2008 20:23 Send this review to a friend
Good Speaker  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased this speaker on ebay and I have no regrets. The SP-6 is a good speaker, good quality sound in a nice cabinet. It looks nice with my FT-840.

KD5VSV Rating: 5/5 May 30, 2007 20:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have two of this speakers sitting at the top of a 19" rack setup.

Filters are a nice feature allowing me to taylor the sound to my liking.

Allows two imputs per speaker so I can connect four radios and use the front panel to switch between my FT-847 and FT-990 on a single SP-6.

I can also configure the two input feature on each speaker to allow me to run both from the same radio through a timewave DSP-599zx.

No regrets with the purchase.

OE3SGU Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2006 13:27 Send this review to a friend
Great base speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very nice base speaker with filters. It was the perfect companion for my FT-990 and served troublefree for many years.

KA4VAF Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2006 07:06 Send this review to a friend
A Great Base Station Speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this speaker for about 2 years. It was a perfect match for my FT-990. I sold the rig and must now regrettably sell the speaker because it really doesn't match my new FT-987. But what a nice speaker. The selectivity and audio are great. I still prefer a headset for CW but this speaker is a must for SSB.

K5LOR Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2003 15:47 Send this review to a friend
Great Speaker System  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am ultra impressed with the SP6 speaker system. I like that it does not require any power and quality of the sound is great. It really dresses up a shack and bench. I like the filter options. I do not use them often because my radio has some included, but that is not a good reason to choose a different speaker. I like having two inputs, which make swithing between rigs easy and limits the clutter of multiple speakers. If you are a Yaesu guy like me, look no further than the SP6 for your speaker needs.

W4USM Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2002 15:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellant  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have owned the SP-6 for over 9 years. Damn good speaker!!!

KF9VH Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2001 12:17 Send this review to a friend
Sounds and works great.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using one for 9 years now with my ft 990. Filters work great, sound is great also. I dont know what else you could ask for.

KD1JT Rating: 3/5 Jun 16, 2001 16:26 Send this review to a friend
As expected  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
It's main selling point for me was that it matched my "new" FT 990 in appearance, and that the Timewave DSP 59Y filter could be installed in it. (That's another review, though).

It's well built, nicely finished, and looks great on the table. Sounds fine. I work CW, so the audio filters add little to my radio experience. It supports input from two radios, and can be switched between them (you can't use for both simultaneously).

Get one if the appearance or the DSP 59Y interest you. Otherwise, save a bundle and buy an MFJ Clear Tone 281.