Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Tokyo Hy-Power HL-1KFX Help

Reviews Summary for Tokyo Hy-Power HL-1KFX
Tokyo Hy-Power HL-1KFX Reviews: 20 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $varies w/exchange rate - ¥18
Description: 1.2 KW HF Linear Amplifier

You can write your own review of the Tokyo Hy-Power HL-1KFX.

W0JMP Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2014 17:38 Send this review to a friend
Just woks  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my little HL-1Kfx for over ten years. It just works. Nothing special. Just turn it on, no warm-up, no tuning, and it transmits a nice clean 500 watt signal. No fuss, no muss.

MW0XMG Rating: 5/5 Jun 21, 2007 10:01 Send this review to a friend
A great amp, worth every penny  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Owned it for 7 months now, just so easy, I bought it second hand as I could not find a new one in the UK!! I am very pleased with it, Well done Tokyo.....This replaced my FL-2100Z, I'm not dissapointed.....

G0TIY Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2007 11:51 Send this review to a friend
New Relays  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a problem with the relays on my amp i emailed
THP and mr nabuki-san kindly sent me two new relays
they arrived six days after i got in touch with him.Mr Nabuki-san is a true gentleman.I replaced the relays and fixed the problem.THP has won my custom as long as i remain in this hobby first class products.And the build quality is exceptional. Keep you the good work THP John G0TIY

HB9PL Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2006 13:13 Send this review to a friend
Simply perfect  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After hearing only favourable comments about the performance of THP Linears and the easiness to communicate with the manufacturer, I contacted Nabuki-san for particulars. Within hours I was served with technical specs, operating manual, price sheet and overseas payment instructions. About ten days after instructing my bank to transfer the money (equipment costs plus comfortable door-to-door air shipment) the Linear arrived here perfectly packed in a double cardboard box.
Operating the Linear is a sheer pleasure. Sensitive but not overly nervous protection circuits guarantee a safe operation. With 60 Watts from my ORION-I, the HL-1KFX loafs along coolly at a solid 500 Watt CW output. Operating a Solid State Linear is of particular advantage, when chasing a DX station requires instantly more power to crack the pile-up.
I'm rating this product and its pre-sale service a solid 5 (bcuz there are no higher numbers!) I also hope, some other manufacturers and suppliers read these comments and take a lesson !
73's
Peter Langenegger, HB9PL

K7RX Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2005 14:00 Send this review to a friend
Great amplifier!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a problem with a Drake L-7 last summer I decided I wanted to go with a solid state amp. I am totally blind and while I can certainly use a tube type amp, I wanted the simplicity and extra protection of the solid state units. Since I cannot afford the high end offerings I opted for the Ameritron ALS-600 but had multiple problems with it and ended up with Ameritron graciously refunding my purchase. I then decided to take the chance and import the HL-1KFX. I am very, very glad I did. It is very dependable and the reports on my audio very often emphasize the clean signal it produces. One friend even told me my amplified signal is cleaner than my barefoot signal which is truly amazing. It is very accurate in terms of ALC and other operating parameters. Once you set the ALC on one band, you can switch bands and always know the power will be within ten to twenty watts of where it was on the original band. I ran it hard in the CQWW CW contest this past weekend and it never missed a beat or faltered, even while running strings of stations. I would highly recommend this amp to anyone looking for medium power. Nobuki is marvelous to deal with and I had the amp in the shack and operational five days after calling him with my credit card.

K0KAV Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2005 12:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent quality, performance  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've owned mine 8 months now and while it's lightly used, the performance is top notch. Build, component and overall finish quality is excellent. My fan is quiet, almost have to put my hand over vent to feel air moving to know it's on. Highly recommended.

KL7TDZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2005 12:52 Send this review to a friend
What can I say, OUTSTANDING!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my 3rd THP amplifier, the other two being QRP amps for my 817 & 703. The build and component quality are above reproach. There's no one like Nobuki san. My amp. got a couple small scratchs in the back corner (most likely due to the trip across the Pacific). I asked him if he could help me with some touch up paint and in less than a week, I had a brand new cover delivered to my door. Having put covers on Ameritron amps and tuners before, this job was a real pleasure. All the holes lined up and the fit was perfect. It works so well and quiet. Definitely a keeper!

VK5NJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2004 16:34 Send this review to a friend
great compact amplifier  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this amp brand new in march and so far what a great performer 600 watts key down and all mode what more do you want, let the antenna do the rest for you, unfortunatly most people look to much to huge output and have horriffic antenna systems , my open feeder and and 70' per side, (140') dipole and the TenTec 238B atu is fantastic at 13mx high , i can thoroughly recomend this and the amplifier, can not speak more highly of Nobuki san , he was so helpfull and 6 days to arrive to my door from the day direct deposit of $$$ to Tokyo High Power... vk5nj john. www.users.on.net/jtnew

VR2AJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2004 07:16 Send this review to a friend
The King of Mid Pwr  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had problem with this product for a week ago. I called Mobuki san in the morning, to ask him how to getting repair. He responded quickly to me and sent a new module in the afternoon by express. Three days later, I got the module and replace it completely. My linear amp was off air less than a week. I have my pleasure to buy this product together with excellent service, best quality and reasonable price too. Sure that my next power amp should be HL-2KFX, nothing more.

RL3AW Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2004 05:06 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
All good words pertaining to this amp have been already said in the previously reviews. Thanks THP.