Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Uniden BC895XLT Help

Reviews Summary for Uniden BC895XLT
Uniden BC895XLT Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $499.99
Description: 300 Channel Trunktracker
More info: http://www.uniden.com/docs/product/prdetail.cfm?product=BC895XLT

You can write your own review of the Uniden BC895XLT.

KC9HVA Rating: 1/5 Dec 14, 2009 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Sensitivity Issue  Time owned: more than 12 months
when i lived in chicago it was ok . now i live in sticks the 895 sucks. i have a bearcat 210 next to the
895xlt and the bearcat 210 out preforms the 895. two radioes side by side. and the 210 now probly 35 years and still going strong .

WA4053SWL Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2007 19:46 Send this review to a friend
This is a great scanner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I would recommend it to all, this radio scanner is a very sensitive. 73

KC2IJI Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2007 06:51 Send this review to a friend
Good Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had one of these for the last five years. Using an external speaker and hooking it up to a discone up on the roof (with LMR 400), I am very happy with the gadget. Good resistance to intermod, seamlessly picks up the usual Public Safety. I'm near some major air corridors so I can report that the air band is also very well received. I don't have any trunked systems nearby, so can't report on that feature.

I'm considering replacement only because I have so many channels that alpha tags and computer control are becoming my next step. A great deal for general purpose scanning, sensitive, and CTCSS functions are easy to use.

WA4053SWL Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2006 22:04 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Scanner  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Buy one of these in ebay cheaply enough and I can say that I am very happy, to listen local services is very advisable, the sensitivity improves with antenna exterior, and the radio has an nice appearance, I also put on exterior speaker the nice MFJ-281.
73 all and good DX.

KC8YKQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2005 17:54 Send this review to a friend
The original TrunkTracker does what it says.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this scanner since 1998. Nice feature is the AM milair coverage (wish it had AM in the 138 MHz band.) Trunk tracking works as advertised, and I can monitor a Motorola system two counties away on the included whip antenna. Sensitivity is not a problem. Sure, scanner technology has improved since this radio was introduced BUT you get a lot of bang for your buck with this one.

SCANNUT99 Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2005 01:49 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC SCANNER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is an awesome Scanner. Picked it up for $150 new as a close out. Since my area only uses Motorola Trunk Systems, it is perfect for me. The features are impressive. I read that many folks did not get good 800 MHZ reception. For me, it does fine and picks up quite well with just a whip antenna. (Purchased a Radio Shack Coil Upgrade and it works about the same) Triple Conversion for 150? Wow!!! All of the extra features such as CTCSS and DATA Lock out are nice touches.

K8JX Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2004 06:54 Send this review to a friend
This is a great Scanner, good performer.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used several Uniden scanners over the past 40 years, and this is the best one so far. I don't really have any way to evaluated the truning system, since the only we've got here is our school system. Otherwise, I listen to the repeaters in all the bands it has. The use of the Signal strenght bars is simply great. The large VFO knob is great, and works great.

KD7GGR Rating: 4/5 Mar 13, 2004 17:37 Send this review to a friend
for $200 it's great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought it for 800MHz trunked police and used it solely for that until they went digital. Didn't have any problem with reception on 800. Now I use it for aircraft band and VHF reception. The only thing I don't like is the audio, just too weak. I use it for a base, it doesn't have enough volume even with an external speaker for a mobile.

WR2W Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2004 21:52 Send this review to a friend
Best Value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Its a very good radio to work, has a very good receiver, and is well made. Gets a "5" for $200...

K1UC Rating: 5/5 Jan 14, 2004 20:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent scanner!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this used about a year ago. I can't imagine anything better for a scanner. Although it will cover some trunked systems, we don't have those up here in Vermont. This scanner is competent and fast. I really like the built-in CTCSS decode, so I can separate different services on the same frequency.

Highly recommended.