Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | W1GEE LCU3 Xcvr Control Computer Interface Help

Reviews Summary for W1GEE LCU3 Xcvr Control Computer Interface
W1GEE LCU3 Xcvr Control Computer Interface Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $49.00
Description: Cable from COM port of computer to transceiver.
More info: http://www.hosenose.com/w1gee.htm

You can write your own review of the W1GEE LCU3 Xcvr Control Computer Interface.

W1WIU Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2013 17:36 Send this review to a friend
Fast, Easy. It works !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the LCU3-I-USB for my Icom 756 Pro 3 to use with N3FJP's AC Log software, on Monday evening and got it in Saturday's mail. Following the directions, I opened access to the internet, plugged the USB cable into the computer, waited while it downloaded the latest driver and assigned a COM Port number, then plugged the 1/4" plug (with the supplied adapter) into the Pro 3. Then I opened AC Log and changed the "64" to "6E" in both the data string boxes,clicked on the correct Com Port number, and set the polling rate to .500ms. Also, set the Pro 3 to "auto" in the CV-I menu.
Works great.

KD8IGK Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2011 13:53 Send this review to a friend
Level converter interface for ICOM radios -- USB (lcu-i-USB)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got the Level converter interface for ICOM radios -- USB (lcu-i-usb)interface cable for an ICOM 746 (Non Pro) radio. It could not have been any easier to install and use. I tested it with HRD V5 and it works GREAT. This cable requires NO USB to Serial Port adapter, the USB to CT-17 is all built in, no extra parts are required.

I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to get a USB to Serial cable to work with Windows 7 Pro (32 bit) and a radio. Most in the market are really only tested with XP Pro. The typical "should work" answer is what the suppliers usually comment when asked directly about their USB adapter and Windows 7 compatibility.

I would highly recommend this adapter cable.

KD8IGK Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2011 21:34 Send this review to a friend
Works Great !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered this for my ICOM IC-7200 HF Transceiver. It arrived in about a week (during the holidays). I hooked it up to the PC and the radio and it worked first time. I have since ordered one with a 1/8 Key plug instead of the standard 1/4 plug. I would recommend this keyer adapter. Worked with HRD/DM 780, MRP40 and CW Get with no problems.

VE7ABC Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2009 07:14 Send this review to a friend
5* +++  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently purchased a used YAESU FT890. I had in my shack a cable I had previously used on an FT990. I knew that the DIN plug was different, but wasn't sure about the pinout wiring. I sent an email to the company and Phil advised me what to do. This didn't work, so again I emailed the company. Their suggestion - send it back, we'll put a new connector on it for you and make sure that all is right. The cost to me "nothing". This is on a cable that I had puchased at least 3 or 4 years back! I got the cable back yesterday and hooked it up to the computer and the FT890. Bliss all works well.
My thanks to W1GEE, Phil for what they did for me. A first class guy and a first class company. Highly recommended.

K0FTC Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2007 10:43 Send this review to a friend
K0FTC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Made a phone order. Talked to Heather and item shipped quickly. Arrived in a neat little package w/documentation as to what it was and what it could be used for. Hooked it up to my IC-746PRO and serial port on the computer. (Nine pin works for me.) Powered up and configured HRD, as directed in radio manual. Instant connection. Works fast, either through keyboard/mouse control, or radio control. Nice people, good product from fellow ham.

VE2DC Rating: 3/5 Jul 24, 2006 11:41 Send this review to a friend
Beware with older Icoms...  Time owned: months
Same experience as K8AC with an IC726 and 781. The new 9 pin version wouldn't work with the older Icoms... yet it worked with an IC820. Beware... the older 25 pin interface used a MAX232 chip... the new 9 pin did not... just a simple tranistor swtch...

BTW, my W1GEE 25 pin interface continues to work perfectly!

Phil did indicate he was planning to modify the circuit. So I don't know if the newer ones have the same problem with older Icoms.

K8AC Rating: 0/5 Jun 1, 2004 21:18 Send this review to a friend
Icom users beware!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've used a number of these cables over the past few years, and have been happy with both the Icom and Yaesu versions. Recently, I ordered an LCU3-I version to use with my Icom 765 and 781, replacing one that had been wiped out by lightning. The new one had a nine pin RS-232 connector instead of a 25 pin, and when I tested it on the 765 and 781, it would not work. After I contacted W1GEE via email about the problem, I was told that they KNEW the 9 pin version would not work with the 781. That's odd, as the brochure that came with the interface showed the 9 pin version in the photo, and the description clearly states that it works with the 781 and 765. Maybe there are other Icoms it won't work with either? There are plenty of alternatives to this interface - I strongly suggest you take your business elsewhere.

K9IUQ Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2003 18:11 Send this review to a friend
Cheaper than the Name Brand  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Not much to say. Works great and much cheaper than the manufacturer's interface. Fast shipping too. I have the Yaesu Ft1000 interface.

VE7ABC Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2002 23:36 Send this review to a friend
Works as it is supposed to  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just recently took delivery of the LCU3 interface cable for my ICOM IC765. Hooked the cable to the rig and computer and everything worked as it should.
Excellant delivery time (about 14 days from time I mailed money order), it was quicker than I thought it might be. Looks good and works just fine.

W9XY Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2002 22:31 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ordered the cable from the Raymond Sarrio Company and it was delivered via Priority Mail within a week! I also ordered the USB adapter and was happy to find that the enclosed software CD for the USB port works under Windows XP, even though XP gave me a warning during installation. I was prepared and ready for the (usual) challenge to get things to communicate
with each other, however, within minutes I was reading the information from my TS950 with no problem! I was actually a little disappointed that it didn't put up a fight! : )

The cabling comes with a registration sheet and you are allowed to register via email. Nice touch to be able to do that. Quick, easy, and no
postage required!

This reasonably priced cable/adapter kit will be well worth the enjoyment I'll now have from my recently enhanced station! Good job W1GEE & Ray Sarrio!