Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Yaesu FL2500 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FL2500
Yaesu FL2500 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $1,499.00
Description: HF Amplifier, 160-10 MX

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FL2500.

AK4NJ Rating: 4/5 Nov 21, 2011 06:07 Send this review to a friend
Built like a tank  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine on Ebay about a year ago. I never push it harder then a Kilowatt, and it does that without a whimper. Its not an Alpha, but on the other hand it didn't cost me $6000. The op on the other end doesn't know what I'm using, just that I have a powerful, clean signal. That's all that I ask of an amplifier. She has a small desktop footprint, built like a tank, for the reasonable price I paid for it, I think I made a wise purchase.

ZL3AG Rating: 4/5 Jul 4, 2011 14:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Old Workhorse  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked one of these up in1990. I am still running the same tubes that were in it then. Toshiba 6KD6s.
Two years ago I revamped the power supply with new 6A diodes and new electrolytics replacing the three 100uF units with 330uF units.
I have a good supply of NOS 6KD6's but so far have had no need to deploy.
Power out capability, PEP tested to a dummy load.
160mx 800W
80mx 900W
40mx 850W
20mx 850W
15mx 800W
10mx 750W
Power gain +13dB.
I did the mods.dk mod of placing a 10 ohm resistor in each tube's cathode. I think that is why the tubes have lasted so well.I have a tuning chart to preset the plate and loading capacitors for 100kHz increments across the bands. I do not then need to strain the tubes with a tuneup process at each QSY.

PA7JS Rating: 3/5 Dec 27, 2002 10:38 Send this review to a friend
Good old worker  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the ft-2500 the good old linear for about 7 years now and its working perfectly but you must be very carefully with tuning , do it in a low power and only a vew seconds then it will working quit allright for you i.ll stil enjoy the oldtimer with the 6KD6 tubes in it
28 Mhz about 300 watts
80 mtr about 900 watts
160 about 800 watts
And all real power output ,
73,s Jack PA7JS