Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | Logikey CMOS Super Keyer III Help

Reviews Summary for Logikey CMOS Super Keyer III
Logikey CMOS Super Keyer III Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $55.
Description: Programmable electronic keyer The Super CMOS III Keyer Kit:

The K-5 is also offered as a partial kit, the Super CMOS III Keyer. All features of the K-5 are included, except for the capability of keying negative voltages, which however can be added, and for which details are included. The partial kit consists of the PC board, the keyer CPU and memory chip, and all on-board parts. Included is a construction guide, as well as a comprehensive operating manual and a tutorial to get you going quickly.

The builder will need to supply an enclosure, 6 good quality push buttons, a 5 volt DC power source, a speaker, a 100K linear pot and all input and output connectors.

More info: http://www.idiompress.com

You can write your own review of the Logikey CMOS Super Keyer III.

N0JL Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2013 20:51 Send this review to a friend
Great keyer.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Yes, my rig has a keyer.
Yes, I have an MFJ-495.
Yes, I am using the Super CMOS III... after all these years.

Nuf said.

ZL2AIM Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2009 01:36 Send this review to a friend
The best keyer yet!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Borrowed a friends CMOS II keyer and found it to be a great asset for my IC706 MKIIG. Decided to build my own and found that the CMOS III keyer had non volatile memories - all six of them, so ordered that instead.
Built it in an afternoon and made it up in a fairly large plastic box with the speaker and battery supply built in. Worked first time. Instructions were easy and the programming is simple.
I would suggest that once you decide to program it in C mode (as opposed to R mode), you write the full instruction down and program from your paper rather than from your head.
This is the best keyer that I have used and comes with the most comprehensive instructions.
I have owned this for 4 years now and use it regularly.
de ZL2AIM (ZS5IAN) Ian

KC8YEC Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2009 11:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Keyer. Well worth the price.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I built this keyer to assist in contests, and it has paid off well. VERY easy to build and customize. Just talked to K5D, Desecheo last night too! Well worth the money. Get one. Idiom Press is great. I home-brewed a key as all I've used until now is a straight-key. It works flawlessly with my IC-751. I've used it ragchewing, contesting, and DXing. The instructions are clear and operation is a breeze. It is also good for helping to improve your code speed!

N7XM Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2007 19:22 Send this review to a friend
The BEST !!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have built 3 of these from the partial kit
. it offers 10 versions of timing ! You are
bound to fall in love with one of them -
It has many features , and options - it is perfect
for ANY lover of CW ( holy brass pounding ).

I have been CW op almost 50 years now - and I would
have NO other keyer design - Enough said!

PS:
I also built 3 of the EARLIER model CMOS 2- it had only 4 volatile memories - the CMOS 3 has 6 non-volitile memories - just great !

N3EF Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2006 18:41 Send this review to a friend
excellent keyer and fun to build  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just finished building this kit this morning and have been playing with it all day. This is an excellent keyer with many features. I built mine into a Hammond diecast aluminum enclosure (4.37 x 2.37) and runs off an internal 9v battery or external power. I found the speaker volume to be quite sufficient as is. This keyer does it all and does it well. Here's a couple pic's of the finished product.

Eric N3EF

AC0CW Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2005 17:41 Send this review to a friend
Great keyer, fun project  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I first used my elmer's keyer, same model, and also from a kit. I was impressed with it from the beginning. I ordered one this last week, and received it via USPS in two days. The manual is great, with clear instructions for both assembling and operating, and with a tutorial. Built it over the course of an afternoon--most of the time was spent on the way to Radio Shack to get the extra parts.

I have only two complaints: a bit more monitor volume (and a volume control) would be nice; and it'd be nice if the "extra" parts were included in the kit (speaker, jacks, speed pot, pushbuttons, etc).

Still, a great keyer, and fun to build. I forsee using my straight key (previously my favorite) less and less.

W2DES Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2003 02:05 Send this review to a friend
great keyer/great company service  Time owned: more than 12 months
have been using this keyer since March 1997 with no problems what so ever. In December 2003 started to have problem with a dit being added to last dash sent. Sent an email to Idiom Press on Sunday, Dec. 14/03 advising them of problem and also told them was using Vibroplex single lever paddle. In six hours had an answer back stating problem was paddle bounce and what to do about it. Per instructions cleaned and lubed center shaft on paddles and problem fixed. Highly recommend this company and keyer. This from a commercial CW operator at both coastal stations and shipboard since 1955 and a ham since 1949.

UN7GM Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2003 15:25 Send this review to a friend
Exellent!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
One week ago or so, I got my new toy - Logikey CMOS Super Keyer III and immediately build the kit. My impression is GREAT! This is the keyer for my hand. After 30 years of hard work, my favorite WB4VVF may retired. Excellent keyer, excellent manual, excellent tutorial.
Absolutely no problem with building and using. As you know, my country is far away from USA, but Idiom Press service is perfect, all my wishes concerning parcel was performed as I want. Payment with Master Card Virtual Card was fast and easy. If you like CW with paddles -
Logikey CMOS Super Keyer III is your choice, you will never disappointed.
Thanks for all, well done, Idiom Press!

Igor UN7GM
Almaty, Kazakhstan

EI7BA Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2003 14:30 Send this review to a friend
CW... No longer a chore  Time owned: more than 12 months
For many years I have been a casual CW op.. I never really got "into" it, as I always considered myself to be "all fingers and thumbs" when using a keyer. Extra dots would sneak in,characters would be corrupt,and the level of concentration required for accurate sending was a bit uncomfortable. I always used the built-in keyers in the rigs that I was using.
Whilst "sufing the net" I came on the Idiom Press website, and saw what Bob had to say on the subject of "built-in" keyers. On the strength of this , I bought the kit, and added my own box, switches 100k pot etc.
I now work about 50/50 CW and SSB. CW is no longer a chore, but is very relaxing and easy. No more "white knuckles". The keyer is smooth and accurate, and a pleasure to use.
It has a lot of facilities which I don't use, so I won't try to comment on those.... Suffice to say, I'm a very "happy camper" {;o)

G4UDT Rating: 5/5 Oct 12, 2003 03:49 Send this review to a friend
Excellent, just like the II  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having built the II many years ago, I came across the Idiom Press website two years ago and noticed they now offer the III. I had to get it and the shipping of the partial kit to the UK went smoothly. Construction is very easy and you can download the paperwork from the website in advance of ordering to see what construction is involved. Its very well documented.

Operationally, I can't fault it.