Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | Logikey CMOS Super Keyer III Help

Reviews Summary for Logikey CMOS Super Keyer III
Logikey CMOS Super Keyer III Reviews: 13 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $55.
Description: Programmable electronic keyer The Super CMOS III Keyer Kit:

The K-5 is also offered as a partial kit, the Super CMOS III Keyer. All features of the K-5 are included, except for the capability of keying negative voltages, which however can be added, and for which details are included. The partial kit consists of the PC board, the keyer CPU and memory chip, and all on-board parts. Included is a construction guide, as well as a comprehensive operating manual and a tutorial to get you going quickly.

The builder will need to supply an enclosure, 6 good quality push buttons, a 5 volt DC power source, a speaker, a 100K linear pot and all input and output connectors.

More info: http://www.idiompress.com

You can write your own review of the Logikey CMOS Super Keyer III.

WK4D Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2002 01:18 Send this review to a friend
Greatest Keyer Available Anywhere  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading the reviews of the Logikey K3, I decided to break down and get the kit instead. It has been a while since I built anything, but I had this one working perfectly in 2 hours! A great keyer with tons of features in a tiny package. I was considering one of the MFJ keyers but the quality problems put me off. Glad I passed and bought this one instead. I purchased it from Milestone Technologies over the internet and received the package via priority mail in three days. Great service from N1FN. I highly recommend this keyer to the contester or CW enthusiast.

OZ2M Rating: 4/5 Aug 14, 2001 16:17 Send this review to a friend
Almost excellent CW keyer  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Having used the old WB4VVF Accu Keyer for 20 years I bought the partial kit, assembled it, and then used it. UFB product. If you need a keyer buy this one.

This being said I would like to have some other features build in:
- Auto PTT, times 250 ms or so before and after the message is transmitted to prevent pre-amp and relays from firing. (I know there is a QST add on but there should be plenty of ports to provide this) Or even better a "delay line" to handle both message and "online" keying. That would be smart!
- USB/RS232/I2C interface and a PC program to provide an alternative user interface.

Bo, OZ2M, www.qsl.net/oz2m

W5CGH Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2001 14:21 Send this review to a friend
Superb electronic keyer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I built the original CMOS Super Keyer (discrete 4000 series CMOS ICs) in 1985 and used it as my only keyer until 1992 when I built the CMOS Super Keyer II. Because of my totally positive results with the earlier versions, I built the CMOS Super Keyer III when it first became available. This is a superb followup to it's two predecessors! The keyer is absolutely bulletproof. Never a false bit or other error. I use this as my primary keyer at home as well as on Field Day and a few other contests that I operate. While button command sequences and other insertable command functions may seem daunting at first, like anything else, with use, you quickly learn the ones that you will use in your type of operating. Because of it's tiny size and equally tiny battery appetite, this is the perfect keyer for portable use as well as in the shack. Try building one directly into a portable rig, or into the same housing with a set of paddles.