Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Yaesu Quadra VL-1000 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu Quadra VL-1000
Yaesu Quadra VL-1000 Reviews: 79 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $4000
Description: Solid-state, automated 1 kW HF/6m linear amplifier
More info: http://www.yaesu.com/vl1000.html

You can write your own review of the Yaesu Quadra VL-1000.

KG5ABW Rating: 5/5 Jul 13, 2016 18:27 Send this review to a friend
EXTREMELY GOOD  Time owned: more than 12 months
I love my QUADRA WITH BUCK-BOOST

N1JAO Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2016 17:49 Send this review to a friend
1 Year Later  Time owned: more than 12 months
A little over a year of use and still as happy as the day I bought it. Just an amazing amplifier that always works perfectly. Vey grateful to have such a wonderful piece of equipment, and would buy it again without hesitation.

KU4FX Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2016 09:08 Send this review to a friend
a great amp plug in and play   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only had this amp for about two weeks in that time I have fallen in love with it. 1 kw all day long and still runs cool. I give it a 5 because it runs flawless hook it up and forget about. I have not used any other transceivers other than my FT450-D and FT991. Just turn your rig on and the amp is ready to go.

K2EQ Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2016 08:18 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding amp  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Six months in daily service now and flawless operation. Using with FTDX 1200, thought I would upgrade to the 3000 or 5000 but cannot find a good reason. Smooth easy operation band to band freq to freq. Panel could have better contrast and be brighter, current settings are dim and dimmer. They make you open up the unit to modify and get 10 and 12 M, why, I havent a clue unless they want to force you to see first hand the wonderful quality of the build. Not close to the cheapest but close to if not the very best. If lightning strikes and makes it toast, I will buy another.

KG5ABW Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2016 11:08 Send this review to a friend
great amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for a year and a half - almost two years and it is really great. i use a buck boost and it hasn't failed me yet. i'm using a ftdx5000mp limited with it and it truly is plug - n - play. i recommend it.

KG5ABW Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2016 03:53 Send this review to a friend
positive  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for almost 2 years. Using a buck-boost with it and haven't had a problem with it.

K5WL Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2016 15:42 Send this review to a friend
Great if you are careful  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this unit for a little over a year now. In that time the resistors have failed twice. The power supply came direct from the Yaesu repair shop where it was fixed at least once. The two times it failed for me were once when the breaker was thrown with the power supply power switch on, and once when the power to the house failed and came back on with the power supply power switch on.

The second time, I had a buck transformer hooked up. I won't forget again, but really it's a design flaw. The price you pay is to do a lengthy repair procedure to get to what are essentially fuses.

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, it's an excellent amplifier which has been responsible for some rapid multipliers during contests and some good DX without having to think about it too hard. It suits my ADD style of operating where I just click and play.

VA7OJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2015 23:08 Send this review to a friend
17 years young!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My faithful old Quadra is still chugging along at 1 kW (occasionally turned down to 500W) after 17 years in my station. The current exciter is an IC-7700.

WD5JOY Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2015 08:56 Send this review to a friend
SUPERB VALUE - OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi Guys! I purchased mine USED from a ham in Colorado who quite honestly "needed quick cash" and offered a deal I could not decline! Less than 50% of the "new price"! He had it gone through about eight months back and had all the applicable paperwork to back up his claim. It TRULY was a "once in a lifetime" find!

It took ME a while to become comfortable with the operation and not worry at every turn; the amp is amazing! I learned one step at a time, did not rush, asked questions on the web and in a month I or so I was an "OLD pro"! I have NOT looked back!

Running 550 and 1100 watts (+/- 5%) and this jewel runs COOL and runs PERFECTLY! I could not ask for more!

I AM AMAZED when I see "1-STAR" ratings and one line reasons "why"
the review was so poor. One caught my eye and I cannot help but wonder if the guy purposely goes off in search of "bad equipment"? No way THIS EXAMPLE is TRUE! NO WAY! The guy is fibbing and likely does NOT even have ONE piece of Yaesu equipment unless it is an AM-FM receiver that plays music to calm his soul!

BUNK FROM --------> KG6JYK

Rating: 0/5 ..... April 21, 2003 01:07

"Junk!"

Time owned: 0 to 3 months

"Arrived DOA Power supply producing high voltage. So far I have send 6 out of 8 Yaesu products back. All of them failed on arrival."

SORRY "KG6JYK" - but YOU "sir" are blowing smoke! No way so many were 'DOA' unless you deliberately hacked them up! NO WAY! WHY do you have the need to LIE? Did "mamma" beat you when she discovered you lacked the ability to wipe your own "behind"?

Perhaps it because "da' wife" insists SHE make the decisions because YOU make such POOR CHOICES and supposedly but 'DOA' equipment time and time again??

It's simple: THE DUDE IS NOT TRUTHFUL! PERIOD!

Old Man Donnie

COME ON DUDE! THIS IS THE TRUTH SO POST IT!

N1JAO Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2015 04:03 Send this review to a friend
Really nice amplifier  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought one new at HRO 2 weeks ago and really am happy with it. I installed a 240v line and it puts out 1000-1150 watts easily on all bands. Follows my 5000mp on every band and never seems to get even a little warm- in the least.

Definitely doing the happy dance here!

Robert