Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | MFJ-447 Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-447
MFJ-447 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $79.95
Description: Keyer

You can write your own review of the MFJ-447.

KC0W Rating: 2/5 Nov 20, 2003 19:43 Send this review to a friend
The usual MFJ junk!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello all,

I purchased a MFJ-447 keyer for a Yaesu VHF all mode rig. Good luck trying to get this keyer to send the letters you want it to. I thought it might be the radio acting up, so I just used the keyers speaker while the radio was off. Not a thing changed.

I have a Logikey keyer for my main radio & thought I could save a few bucks by going MFJ since I do not use the VHF all mode a lot. I knew I should not have done it.........I should have stuck with something that I know works well, the Logikey. But I tried to save a few bucks & ONCE AGAIN I get burnt by MFJ.

One of the screws of the keyer was rolling around inside the box the keyer came in, when I tried to screw it back in I noticed the screw hole for the screw was not even there!!

The keyers default from the factory is to key grid-block, so you must open the cover (minus 1 screw in my case) & switch two jumpers around for solid state rigs....This is the year 2003, MFJ.

If you try sending a "C" the MFJ will reward you with a "K" 9 times out of ten. I have NONE of these troubles with my Logikey keyer, the Logikey sends perfect CW every time.

Mighty Fine Junk

Tom kcw

N3DQU Rating: 4/5 Jun 28, 2001 18:25 Send this review to a friend
a nice little keyer  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is one of MFJ's Slimline keyers, abt 1.5 inches high by 6.50 inches wide, so it has a very nice, small footprint. Very easy to set up and use. You can use it either with a internal 9v transistor radio battery or 12v external source and will key both positive and negative with the change of an internal jumper. Has a memory function but cannot comment on it because I have not used it. Has external volume, tone, weight, speed and tune controls. Except for the fact that the keyer will start to act squirrelly when the battery gets weak without any obvious indication, this keyer works fb.