Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Motorola Maxtrac Conventional Help

Reviews Summary for Motorola Maxtrac Conventional
Motorola Maxtrac Conventional Reviews: 13 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Commercial grade radio.
More info: http://www.motorola.com/LMPS/RPG/NA/mobile/cmaxtrac/index.html

You can write your own review of the Motorola Maxtrac Conventional.

KC8TYA Rating: 5/5 Apr 22, 2004 01:32 Send this review to a friend
Best tough and functional radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I replaced my ft-8500 with a Motorola Maxtrac VHF 32 channel unit. It was fun to learn how to program it , and it can do anything! Scanning, scanning with priority etc. The radio is tough, and makes my old yaesu look like a toy. With the right interface you can program the radio to do just about anything. I will never be able to go back to a regular "Amateur" piece of gear after feeling the quality this unit is made with. The Mic must weigh 4 times what my other mics have weighed. I bet I could hammer a nail with it without damaging it.

If you are willing to learn how to program the radio, you will never need another.

KB5VPS Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2001 19:08 Send this review to a friend
Built like a brick #@!*%  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have 2 VHF GM300's. One has the 16pin option board and the other doesn't. I use the 16 pin radio for APRS. Man, you can't beat it. I cable between the rig and TNC and you are flying. For programming supplies, check out www.batlabs.com

KC8QDR Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2001 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Gotta Love It.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a UHF one of these at Dayton. So far, it has the best transmit and recieve audio I've EVER had on a radio. I grabbed one for about $170. Programming it was the only hangup I had, but eventually I found another ham to help me program it. If you know someone who is set up to do the programming, you're all set. I mounted mine in a DIN sized hole in my dashboard. It fits beautifully, and looks cool (matches the dash trim). It's also built like a tank, just like everything else motorola makes.