Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Kenwood Service East Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood Service East
Kenwood Service East Reviews: 67 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Kenwoods east coast repair location. I believe it is a
subcontractor not really Kenwood

You can write your own review of the Kenwood Service East.

NA0B Rating: 1/5 Aug 22, 2014 15:51 Send this review to a friend
Not very happy   Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent a Kenwood TH-F6 HT that I have had for more than ten years for replacement of the PTT button and the plastic cover for the speaker/mic assembly, both showing signs of usage.

I sent the radio on July 31 and got it back today. The estimate was $95.00 + $17.52 shipping and handling, which I declined. I asked instead to buy the parts myself, but they never answered my query. They just returned the radio and charged me $35 minimal fee plus $17.52 shipping for a total of $52.52, which is more expensive that some new HTs in the market.

I would like to thank Kenwood Service East for convincing me that I should by HT from other brands.

W4ETR Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2014 13:50 Send this review to a friend
Good Job!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I sent my TS-2000 to them, it was nearly stone deaf, and no S-meter activity to speak of. The filters were replaced free of charge, and they replaced some surge damaged resistors at a very reasonable price. The radio is working great now!! Customer service was very pleasant on the phone, the work was done in a timely manner, and the radio was packaged better when it came back then it was when I sent it to them. Overall very happy with the service I got from these folks in Va.

K3LRH Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2014 10:40 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT!  Time owned: more than 12 months
......excellent service for the ALC upgrade on my ts-590s. One week turnaround. ALC overshoot was repaired, latest firmware was installed and the radio transmit fully aligned....all under Kenwood's free ALC upgrade program. Radio works 100% now. Can't ask for any more than that. Thanks Kenwood East Coast Repair in Virginia Beach.

W9CW Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2014 06:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned a TS-590S since August 2011. The TS-590S has had a known issue of an ALC overshoot problem, somewhat ameliorated by a past firmware update, but not totally eliminated. In May 2014, Kenwood announced an "ALC Upgrade" program for the TS-590S which required implementation at a Kenwood Service Center as it's a hardware upgrade. This program is free of charge with the exception of the shipping cost to the Service Center. No charge for the upgrade, or the return shipping. I shipped my TS-590S to Kenwood Service Center East in Virgina Beach, and the turn around time was excellent - less than two weeks from initial shipment to return. The work was done professionally, and they even upgraded my TS-590S to the latest firmware release. Plus, the rig looks exactly as it did when it left the shack...Perfect aesthetic condition with no scratches. Most importantly, the 590's ALC overshoot is no longer present!

W4CWA Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2014 11:44 Send this review to a friend
Great support!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my TM-V71a in January of 2008. About 3 years later, I noticed the B radio was far less sensitive than the A radio. I put the radio aside and did not use it for several years. Last month I decide to see how I could fix the radio and learned that Kenwood was repairing this issue (defective filters) at no charge. I contacted Kenwood East (Carol WI4K) and she was most helpful with diagnosing the issue as the filter problem. I sent the radio in on a Friday and received it back the following Wednesday with new filters. The radio is as good as new. Way to go Kenwood!

WB9MSM Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2014 07:15 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely The BEST!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I am very pleased with the Kenwood East repair center. They really are the BEST! My Kenwood TS-2000 after eleven years decided to fail in the pre-amp section. The repair center did a very thorough job of ensuring that my rig came back to me in fine order. It works Great!!! Great staff and excellent communication with the customer. As a retired HR Manager who spent over 25 years in industry this is wonderful combination. The staff seems to be genuinely interested in resolving and fixing your radio. For this I say "Thanks Kenwood East Repair Center" . . . it was a pleasure doing business with you. Cheers!

W9JF Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2014 19:55 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful Service on D-710a  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had filter failure on the B band of my 710. I purchased this radio in 2008 at Dayton. The filters went out in the fall of 2012. I used the A side for a year without repairing it. I corresponded on email with Carol Shrader Wi4K. Very responsive. Finally sent radio in on 12-30-2013. Due to New Years holiday and a weekend they received 1-6-2014. They replaced all filters and updated software and It was received at my qth on 1-10-2014. Great turnaround. They paid return shipping. Thanks Kenwood East

YV5GPA Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2013 21:40 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
After 25 years of use my kenwood TS-850 began to show signs of aging components. The radio began to loose reception sensitivity until no reception at all happened. Also there were some other problems while TX.
I sent the radio to Kenwood Service center east following the procedures on their web page. The radio stayed for about 3 weeks until all parts were available, some were ordered from Japan.
It's been a year since I received my radio completely fixed and readjusted and works like the first day when it came out of the box. In addition, they sent all replaced components inside the radio's shipping box.
I waited a year to write this review in order to check the repair's extent and performance during a complete year. All I can say is that the repairs were perfectly performed and radio works flawlessly.
Would I recommend Kenwood Service East, YES I do.

N3IJW Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2012 14:28 Send this review to a friend
Good service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent in my out-of-warranty Kenwood TM-D710 after the A-side receiver went stone deaf (and B-side was getting there). I shipped the radio out via UPS on 02 Nov, and it was back in my hands on 12 Nov. AVSL replaced all four ceramic filters at no charge. My only expense was shipping the rig to AVSL. 5/5 for sure.

VE5MV Rating: 1/5 May 16, 2012 05:23 Send this review to a friend
no service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent my Kenwood R5000 rcvr in to them for a service...Kenwood East made no reply at all....three weeks later they returned it to me with a brief note saying the unit was no longer supported by Kenwood. To their credit they paid the return shipping charges after I sent a letter inquiring after the whereabouts of my radio and with my CC info. They are probably excellent for Kenwood warranty work but they are not Kenwood per se...they are a warranty shop only apparently