Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Kenwood Service East Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood Service East
Kenwood Service East Reviews: 82 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Kenwoods east coast repair location. I believe it is a
subcontractor not really Kenwood

You can write your own review of the Kenwood Service East.

KE4BCN Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2016 07:17 Send this review to a friend
Great and fast turn around.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Kenwood TS-480 dead tried to turn it on one day and nothing. Checked fuses which were OK. Since it was under warranty I sent it in. Two days later they said they need to order part. One week later got a email with tracking information and received my TS-480 the next day. Part needed was TX/RX unit which was covered under warranty.

KG9D Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2016 12:55 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a brand new TS590SG The power output was 60-80 watts out using a Bird meter and a 50 ohm dummy load.The radio arrived at Kenwood on 6-10-16 and i received it repaired on 6-17-16.Thats a good turnaround.Now iam getting almost 100 watts out.

KU4DE Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2016 07:32 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my Kenwood TS 590S for the ALC update.
Service was great, Fast turnaround, Top notch repair. Thanks to Carol WI4K and her staff.

N9TLU Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2015 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Experience  Time owned: months
I sent my TS-2000X in to have some ceramic filters replaced. It was a factory defect, so it was repaired free of charge. All I paid for was the shipping to get it there. The service was prompt. Just under 2 weeks total. The communication was great! I was never placed on hold and always felt like a valued customer. I'm one of those people who is always saying "customer service is dead". Definitely NOT the case with Kenwood East/AVSL. Great people and great service!

VE3QN Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2015 08:27 Send this review to a friend
Fully satisfied with exceptional service  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Kenwood transceiver which has given faithful service for 25 years failed and I took it personally to Virginia Beach. It has since been returned to me repaired, with the backup batteries replaced (just so they won't have to be in the next several years). Ditto for the panel light bulbs. The transceiver was also aligned and cleaned and when returned it worked as well as it did after the original purchase as new. A big shout-out to Carol WI4K and her staff.

WA3SEE Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2015 08:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Shipped them myTS-590 for repair of inop. USB port.They phoned me two days later with estimate and I got rig back the following week, repaired and aligned. Great service and communications.

KY4ZZZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2015 03:58 Send this review to a friend
ALC Overshoot MOD  Time owned: more than 12 months
I called to make an appointment to have an ALC MOD performed on my 2011 TS-590S with no known problems. A very friendly lady said send it by UPS and they would do it and update the firmware. I shipped it on Monday, they received it on Wednesday shipped it to me on Friday ( I received an email with a tracking #) I received it on Tuesday. I paid shipping to them and Kenwood paid for the service and return shipping. What more could you ask for.

K7MWK Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2015 19:06 Send this review to a friend
Efficient, Professional, and Fast!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
6 month old Kenwood 590S stopped transmiting intermitently. Acting wierd. So I am in WA state, and West Service is closest, but after calling them I was you might say hesitant to send my 1500 dollar radio to them. Eham reviews were much better for East. Night and day when calling East. Nice, friendly, and assured me they would fix it with a reasonable turnaround. Phone ladies were great. Radio came back fixed, and packed better than I sent it. Invoice of what they had done was included. No scratches. No fingerprints. Perfect. Will use them again, warranty or pay. Thank you Kenwood East!

N4XTS Rating: 4/5 Jul 2, 2015 19:05 Send this review to a friend
Good work, poor communication  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my Kenwood TM-271A in for front end filter replacement, common failure with these radios per instructions by Kenwood USA.

Radio received on 6/15. Didn't hear a word from them. Their website says "don't email us, call for updates". Website also says they email you when they receive your radio, never got that either. Called a few times, very difficult to get on the phone. The two times I did get through, all the rep could tell me is "a tech has it".

So, I contact Kenwood support, and within 30 minutes AVSL calls and says my radio was repaired and would ship the following day. Did get an email the next day with UPS tracking, and two days later, radio came back repaired as requested, no charge (under service campaign from Kenwood).

They did great work, and radio works well, but they really need to get that it's 2015 and work on better communications with their customers. Two weeks is not that long, but hearing nothing when you send a radio in and having to make two dozen phone calls just to find out the status is so 1985.

KE4AWM Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2015 06:40 Send this review to a friend
The Best in the East  Time owned: more than 12 months
Three for Three and all business like.
This is the safest place to have your transceivers repair in these days.
There are planty of rip offs out there.
You will not be disappointed with Kenwood Service East .
Fair and truthful estimates.