Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Kenwood Service East Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood Service East
Kenwood Service East Reviews: 84 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Kenwoods east coast repair location. I believe it is a
subcontractor not really Kenwood

You can write your own review of the Kenwood Service East.

DONMTEXAS Rating: 0/5 Sep 22, 2016 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Great turn around time. Crappy work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent my ts-2000 back because it was folding back power on 2 meters. The radio is advertised to do 100 watts on 2 meters. I noticed that mine was not doing but 70 and contacted the factory rep. He told me to doa reset on the radio. That got it up to 85. Then it dropped to 50 then 25 and I sent it in. I was told that there was an intermittant connection between the 2 meteroutput filter and the antenna connector. It came back showing 100 watts on the radio wattmeter. I checked it with my coaxial dynamics slig type wattmeter and it's really doing 85. So, I decide to live with it. We rock along a couple of days and the radio starts folding back again. My antenna is lower than 1.3:1 across all of 2 meters, so if the radio can't live with that i don't know what to do. I am getting fed up with this jacking back and forth
KU3S Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2016 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent in a TS-590s for repair. I am a first time customer. The radio was fixed and returned quickly. Communications were good, phone contact helpful and courteous. Well done,thanks
KE4BCN Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2016 07:17 Send this review to a friend
Great and fast turn around.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Kenwood TS-480 dead tried to turn it on one day and nothing. Checked fuses which were OK. Since it was under warranty I sent it in. Two days later they said they need to order part. One week later got a email with tracking information and received my TS-480 the next day. Part needed was TX/RX unit which was covered under warranty.
KG9D Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2016 12:55 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a brand new TS590SG The power output was 60-80 watts out using a Bird meter and a 50 ohm dummy load.The radio arrived at Kenwood on 6-10-16 and i received it repaired on 6-17-16.Thats a good turnaround.Now iam getting almost 100 watts out.
KU4DE Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2016 07:32 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my Kenwood TS 590S for the ALC update.
Service was great, Fast turnaround, Top notch repair. Thanks to Carol WI4K and her staff.
N9TLU Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2015 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Experience  Time owned: months
I sent my TS-2000X in to have some ceramic filters replaced. It was a factory defect, so it was repaired free of charge. All I paid for was the shipping to get it there. The service was prompt. Just under 2 weeks total. The communication was great! I was never placed on hold and always felt like a valued customer. I'm one of those people who is always saying "customer service is dead". Definitely NOT the case with Kenwood East/AVSL. Great people and great service!
VE3QN Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2015 08:27 Send this review to a friend
Fully satisfied with exceptional service  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Kenwood transceiver which has given faithful service for 25 years failed and I took it personally to Virginia Beach. It has since been returned to me repaired, with the backup batteries replaced (just so they won't have to be in the next several years). Ditto for the panel light bulbs. The transceiver was also aligned and cleaned and when returned it worked as well as it did after the original purchase as new. A big shout-out to Carol WI4K and her staff.
WA3SEE Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2015 08:27 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Shipped them myTS-590 for repair of inop. USB port.They phoned me two days later with estimate and I got rig back the following week, repaired and aligned. Great service and communications.
KY4ZZZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 5, 2015 03:58 Send this review to a friend
ALC Overshoot MOD  Time owned: more than 12 months
I called to make an appointment to have an ALC MOD performed on my 2011 TS-590S with no known problems. A very friendly lady said send it by UPS and they would do it and update the firmware. I shipped it on Monday, they received it on Wednesday shipped it to me on Friday ( I received an email with a tracking #) I received it on Tuesday. I paid shipping to them and Kenwood paid for the service and return shipping. What more could you ask for.
K7MWK Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2015 19:06 Send this review to a friend
Efficient, Professional, and Fast!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
6 month old Kenwood 590S stopped transmiting intermitently. Acting wierd. So I am in WA state, and West Service is closest, but after calling them I was you might say hesitant to send my 1500 dollar radio to them. Eham reviews were much better for East. Night and day when calling East. Nice, friendly, and assured me they would fix it with a reasonable turnaround. Phone ladies were great. Radio came back fixed, and packed better than I sent it. Invoice of what they had done was included. No scratches. No fingerprints. Perfect. Will use them again, warranty or pay. Thank you Kenwood East!