Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Kenwood Service East Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood Service East
Kenwood Service East Reviews: 88 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Kenwoods east coast repair location. I believe it is a
subcontractor not really Kenwood

You can write your own review of the Kenwood Service East.

K2OOL Rating: 0/5 Mar 17, 2017 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood East =WORST  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I cant tell you how much I hate this place!
They tell you one thing on the phone then they
give you different prices,then its a problem if the unit was worked on by another shop.They tell me it will be $550 for a 800 dollar radio.Then when I tell them I will come pick it up they tell me they are going to hold my radio Hostage and charge me $20 a day storage fee.You want to talk to a manager here you get "the manager hasnt been away for months".
Nasty,bad attitude,worst experience of my life from Kenwood.Kenwood corporate had to send them a UPS label and I finally got my radio back worst than it was.These idiots broke it more.You bring your radio here,you deserve what you get!
Jokes on me right AVSL?!

K3EY Rating: 5/5 Jan 13, 2017 08:02 Send this review to a friend
Couldn't Be Happier  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my TS590SG out for service on a Thursday with enclosed note and payment info enclosed. Exactly one week later on Thursday my radio returned working like new again. How can you ask for any better service! I have dealt with this service in the past with same results, if needed in the future, I will absolutely be back.

W9TAM Rating: 4/5 Dec 29, 2016 14:58 Send this review to a friend
Service is good, communication needs improvement  Time owned: months
I sent in my TM-D700A for repairs to the control head (I'd damaged it, and replacements are not available). Service time was reasonable, about two weeks from diagnosis and my acceptance of repair estimate to when it landed at my door, including a holiday. The price for parts and labor was about what I expected. Communication was lacking. I did not receive the promised email with claim number when the radio was received, nor did I receive a notice or tracking number when the radio was repaired and shipped back to me.

Since I'm in the Midwest, I might try the Pacific service center if I need another Kenwood repair.

KA4AQM Rating: 5/5 Nov 4, 2016 17:44 Send this review to a friend
No complaints from me, great service!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Took my TS-590S in for ALC fix, firmware update and install VGS-1 while case was open. Great counter service from Joanne. Went home, had lunch and got call from Joanne 3 hrs later saying radio was ready for pick-up. Return trip w/Joanne at the counter. Radio brought out, wrapped in protective plastic, no marks, no excuses, just great service. We are fortunate to have these folks in Hampton Roads/Tidewater area of Virginia. Highly recommend for your Kenwood. They also fix other brands, call or visit their website to determine which ones. Highly recommended. Also recommend "Shel's" hot dog stand next door to Kenwood East! 2 dogs and plate full of fries $5.99...are you kidding me??

DONMTEXAS Rating: 0/5 Sep 22, 2016 18:29 Send this review to a friend
Great turn around time. Crappy work  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent my ts-2000 back because it was folding back power on 2 meters. The radio is advertised to do 100 watts on 2 meters. I noticed that mine was not doing but 70 and contacted the factory rep. He told me to doa reset on the radio. That got it up to 85. Then it dropped to 50 then 25 and I sent it in. I was told that there was an intermittant connection between the 2 meteroutput filter and the antenna connector. It came back showing 100 watts on the radio wattmeter. I checked it with my coaxial dynamics slig type wattmeter and it's really doing 85. So, I decide to live with it. We rock along a couple of days and the radio starts folding back again. My antenna is lower than 1.3:1 across all of 2 meters, so if the radio can't live with that i don't know what to do. I am getting fed up with this jacking back and forth

KU3S Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2016 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent in a TS-590s for repair. I am a first time customer. The radio was fixed and returned quickly. Communications were good, phone contact helpful and courteous. Well done,thanks

KE4BCN Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2016 07:17 Send this review to a friend
Great and fast turn around.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Kenwood TS-480 dead tried to turn it on one day and nothing. Checked fuses which were OK. Since it was under warranty I sent it in. Two days later they said they need to order part. One week later got a email with tracking information and received my TS-480 the next day. Part needed was TX/RX unit which was covered under warranty.

KG9D Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2016 12:55 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a brand new TS590SG The power output was 60-80 watts out using a Bird meter and a 50 ohm dummy load.The radio arrived at Kenwood on 6-10-16 and i received it repaired on 6-17-16.Thats a good turnaround.Now iam getting almost 100 watts out.

KU4DE Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2016 07:32 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent my Kenwood TS 590S for the ALC update.
Service was great, Fast turnaround, Top notch repair. Thanks to Carol WI4K and her staff.

N9TLU Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2015 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Experience  Time owned: months
I sent my TS-2000X in to have some ceramic filters replaced. It was a factory defect, so it was repaired free of charge. All I paid for was the shipping to get it there. The service was prompt. Just under 2 weeks total. The communication was great! I was never placed on hold and always felt like a valued customer. I'm one of those people who is always saying "customer service is dead". Definitely NOT the case with Kenwood East/AVSL. Great people and great service!