Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | VIS study cards Help

Reviews Summary for VIS study cards
Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $under $40
Description: Flash cards.
PO Box 284, Coffeeville, Al 36524
Further info: info@visradio.com
More info: http://www.visradio.com

You can write your own review of the VIS study cards.

WA3ZRM Rating: 3/5 Apr 15, 2009 19:43 Send this review to a friend
OK but Not Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the software version of the flashcards. Good concept; however, there are better study materials out there. I recommend Ham Test On-Line. Read their reviews... you'll see why.

K4KKJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2006 19:57 Send this review to a friend
5 STAR !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the VIS paperless study cards on cd for the extra exam. Studied on the computer for about 2 weeks before taking the test. I took the test yesterday and passed with a 90. A very effective training method and well worth the money . I would highly reccomend the VIS system !

AE6NZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2004 20:23 Send this review to a friend
Worked for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used the VIS study cards in conjunction with the ARRL Study Materials. Worked out nicely: I read the ARRL book first, then went through all of the cards repeatedly until I understood all of the questions. As a result, I didn't miss *any* questions on the technician, general, or extra tests. The cards are a big time saver for those who like the flash card approach but don't want to make their own cards. No regrets here -- altough I probably could have saved a lot of time by not being so obsessive about getting 100%.

K2TRU Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2004 19:32 Send this review to a friend
Family Update -- VIS works again!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I wanted to provide some follow up to my earlier review: my son passed his General yesterday. It wasn't as quickly as we initially thought, but as he often points out, he's got "a whole lot more going on in life than you do, Dad"...

There's a bright teen for you. Maybe when he's 35 or so I'll get some credit, but credit isn't what's important -- passing is! VIS -- use it -- it works!

K2TRU Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2004 11:57 Send this review to a friend
Holy Test-taking Batman! VIS cards are THE ONLY WAY TO GO!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got my Tech license in late October 03 the old fashioned way studied the ARRL books and panicked. Got my General ticket in December 03 the same way.

When it came time to start preparing for the Extra, I was at a loss. Face it: there are no good study guides for the Extra exam, all of the tapes read to you from the few study guides that do exist, and the test material itself is (in many ways) so esoteric and disjointed that it appears to those of us new to the hobby that passing the exam will be impossible.

But then someone told me about VIS. Heres the summary folks: opened the box of cards EIGHT DAYS ago (a Saturday morning); studied using the guide (card) that came with the cards; took the Extra exam this morning (Sunday), and aced it! Not so long ago, what looked like it was going to take months to do took me EIGHT DAYS TOTAL!

Do yourself a favor use the VIS system. I got the General prep cards for my 15-year-old son (hes almost done in the same eight days), and I gave another set of General prep cards to a friend. Youll see testimonials about studying overnight for a test and passing; you see here how my situation played out. I am not an engineer, nor do I have any electrical background. Im a formerly clueless guy interested in HAM radio.

VIS cards work. Its not the number of days that matter when it comes time to studying for the test; its the fact that you PASS. Use VIS and you will.

N1CJS Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2002 13:38 Send this review to a friend
Great!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These cards are great! My wife used the TECH cards and only studied for about 6 hours the day before the test and passed with 100%. I have the General cards and will comment on them later, after I upgrade. Great investment, and when your done, donate them to your local radio club for others to use. 73's

WB9YCJ Rating: 4/5 Jul 9, 2001 14:24 Send this review to a friend
Efficient and effective.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Flash Cards that let you systematically narrow down to the nitty gritty. Several study methods possible. Highly portable. Its like having internet Ham upgrade questions in your pocket.
Great in airports, waiting rooms (waiting situations), etc. Havent tested yet put am confident. Appears not neccessary to use other upgrade material. Very close to a 5 rating !