Reviews Categories | Ham Repeater Controllers | Link Communications RLC-3 Help

Reviews Summary for Link Communications RLC-3
Link Communications RLC-3 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1550.00
Description: 8-Port Repeater and Linking Controller
More info: http://www.rlccontrollers.com/index.php/site/

You can write your own review of the Link Communications RLC-3.

N7TDT Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2007 14:26 Send this review to a friend
Flexible and Reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been on the air for the better part of a decade with this controller with a UHF repeater. Multiple remote bases fully controlled by the RLC. VERY configurable. For me, a highlight of this unit is the programming capabilities. There is nearly always a way to get creative with the programming and get this thing to do what we want. The support by Link Communications is professional class.

N5REL Rating: 5/5 Jun 24, 2003 20:43 Send this review to a friend
Thumbs Up  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had an RLC3 in service for almost 9 years (s/n 1017). We have all 8 ports installed, and nearly every port is in service. This controller has been very reliable and LinkComm has been very helpful along the way. As far as I'm concerned, this controller is the only way to go if you have multiple radios and desire the ability to connect to other ports for link purposes, crossband, etc.

We have two (soon to be three repeaters) on this controller. Two link radios and one remote base. And one port is used for the autopatch.

We suffered a lightning strike some time ago that required the unit to be sent back to LinkComm for a minor repair. The repair was made very quickly and we were back on the air in about a week. I have always been satisfied with their customer service.

The RLC3 gets a thumbs up from me!

Nathan N5REL

AC7NT Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2002 15:03 Send this review to a friend
Multi-Port Controller  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been involved with this controller at our local site for about two years now. I have been able to program and customize the controller for five radios, one autopatch, and several remote sensors as well as link to other repeater sites. Overall this controller is by far the best avalible for sites with multiple needs. It can be configured and upgraded for more radio ports or interfaces (comes with four ports, and can handle four more) by adding 'cards' to the main board. Programing can be performed over modem link, or onsite serial DB9 connection, and it does not interupt normal repeater traffic. I have found that these RLC controllers are hard to beat for overal ease of use and stability.

Well worth the price tag - and do get the enclosures as well.

Good Luck