Reviews Categories | Ham Repeater Controllers | Link Communications RLC-1 Plus Help

Reviews Summary for Link Communications RLC-1 Plus
Link Communications RLC-1 Plus Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $474.95
Description: 2-Port Repeater and Linking Controller (Enhanced Version)
More info: http://www.rlccontrollers.com/index.php/site/

You can write your own review of the Link Communications RLC-1 Plus.

KB0VGG Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2003 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Works well and is easy to set up.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been running a RLC-1 Plus for about 5 years now. I chose the RLC-1 Plus for it's speach and the fact you could programmed it with a computer via RS232. The controller comes with a well written manual, with examples. 2 years ago I used it to link this repeater to my other repeater at a different site. Worked the first time. The programming was a snap. You can edit files off line and down load them to the controller. This lets you correct mistakes before you get to the repeater site. The controller has only 2 down sides that I have found. 1 it costs to much and 2 if it looses power it forgets the date. I asked Link Communications about the power problem and they told me to never allow it to lose power. OK not what I expected. But you do get real people on the phone who have answers. I have used other controllers that were hard to set up and even harder to set the levels on. I have even used the RLC-1. Much harder to program, the RLC-Plus spoils you, you hear what your doing. I set the levels on this one by ear and was with in 1/2 Db of perfect. The controller is a work horse. If you want a top of the line controller this is it. But you will pay for the ease of programming and reliablity.

Thanks and 73's