Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | G3TPW CobWebb Antenna for 14, 18, 21, 24 and 28 MHz Bands Help

Reviews Summary for G3TPW CobWebb Antenna for 14, 18, 21, 24 and 28 MHz Bands
G3TPW CobWebb Antenna for 14, 18, 21, 24 and 28 MHz Bands Reviews: 31 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $379.00
Description: The CobWebb is a full size half wave dipole on each of the 5 amateur bands, 14, 18, 21, 24 and 28 MHz. The CobWebb is 5 separate full size dipole antennas, each bent into a square. This makes it very small (only about 8 foot square)
More info: http://www.g3tpw.co.uk/

You can write your own review of the G3TPW CobWebb Antenna for 14, 18, 21, 24 and 28 MHz Bands.

G1HQK Rating: 2/5 Oct 25, 2016 05:22 Send this review to a friend
Disappointed  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought mine a couple of years ago but was not able to erect it then, when I did a couple of months ago I was hopeful that it would end my HF problems. However after following the instructions to the word I could not get the thing resonant on anything other than 20m, it was way out and I mean way out. No amount of fine tuning was going to help. I stripped it down checked all the connections inside the box and tightened up the screws (some were loose). at 6 foot or 30 foot made no difference. I was able to speak to Steve who suggested a few things and admitted he had a small batch where he had been "distracted" while making them around the time I bought this one, I followed his suggestions but got the feeling he felt it was operator error rather than construction, even though he did agree something was not right. So basically £280 down the pan. I am hopeful the new owner has a chance to sort this out and it works as it should for him, I for one had lost all faith in the product so was not spending another moment on it. I am glad those of you who do have a working one get good results, in theory so should I but I am surmising I got a duffer.

M0AZE Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2016 09:38 Send this review to a friend
It really works  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had my Cobweb for about a year now. Once at a height of 35 feet it outperforms every aerial I've previously had. Now this is not a beam or antenna.. For my lot I wanted a small low profile antenna that works better than my selection of dipoles, end fed wire antenna's. And it does. Electrically it's quieter and I've managed to log more QSO's with this than previous.

A fellow ham 6 miles from me does beat me with his hexbeam, I'm okay with that because of it's size and profile. Would I like a hexbeam? Sure - but I value my wife and home :-)

The question is 'would I buy it again?' yes I would.

N7KFD Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2013 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Good Deisgn  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'm not so much reviewing the manufacturer as the design of the antenna. I built my own and it's been up for several months with no problems. It does very well on twenty through ten meters although it is rather narrow banded. It's resonate on a very small portion of ten meters but nothing that the TS-480's internal tuner can't handle. It is a quiet antenna and I'm able to hear DX stations on SSB much better than I could on the Windom at my last QTH. This will be it's first winter and I'm hoping it stays together, spring is still a long way off! I would recommend this antenna to anyone with a small yard or that does not have the room for an 80 meter dipole. I operate mostly PSK31 or CW and have had no problems with making contacts with this antenna. It also handles 100 watts with no problems, not sure about anything higher as I don't own an amplifier. It was a fun build and plans for it are online with a little googling.

M0OIC Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2013 14:12 Send this review to a friend
Still up and working  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you look back to my review as M3OIC of 08 Dec 2002 you will note my very positive comments, Only licensed since October 2002 I was still learning and anything outside of UK was exciting.

The Cobwebb is still looking down on me and had not been touched since it was erected December 2002, yes well over 10 years. My main DX aerial it has allowed me to obtain my ARRL DXCC Certificates Phone - 100, Digital - 100, CW - 100 and Mixed 100 plus 150 sticker. I have 200 worked mixed but require 17 to be confirmed by LOTW or cards (I am working on the cards) and well over 200 IOTA, must get second certificate sorted and claimed.

So, totally maintenance free (I work on the logic if it isn't broke don't touch) still digging out the DX and never once any TVI to us or neighbours.

nearly 11 years of untouched use - I would add "excellent value for money" Thanks Steve from,

Bryan M0OIC

2E1GLT Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2012 08:14 Send this review to a friend
Exellent   Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my G3TPW Cobwebb up for over 2 years now and it really does work well for me having a small plot, I got the cobwebb to replace my Diamond CP-6 after reading the reviews on here and on many of the internet forums you come across from time to time,
It seems to work best on 20 meters, I have worked stations I couldn't even hear before the cobwebb,, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, to name just a few, Thatís with 50 watts. I think itís because the cobwebb is an horizontal antenna and all the big gun stations have massive beam antennas horizontally polarized and even the more modest DX station will have a beam of some sort. So I know itís the other stationís antenna that is doing all the work a lot of the time but the Cobwebb really does work well for what it is, Get it up high and you will be surprised what stations you will be working. regards, Mick 2E1GLT

DL2KDB Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2012 23:10 Send this review to a friend
Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My CobWebb is 11 meters above ground an works perfect. SWR 1-1,5 an all Bands, compared to my vertical it rises the s-meter up to 3-4 S steps. Small size, easy to bring up, little windload.

Well done antenna, I can highly recommend it.

Thomas DL2KDB

G7JZD Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2012 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Still Brill  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After having the Cobwebb up since Dec 2011 at about 30ft, i have worked into JA'S and VK'S with 5 to 7 and 5 to 9 reports, Admit with a little help of about 300 watts,never worked into those countries before with my Comet H422 Antenna'
Must say i am very satisfied with the Cobwebb, it is a very quiet antenna, my noise floor has dropped at least 2 s points.
A well made antenna, but as i said in my first review just make sure you have gloves on while assembling it.
Would i buy one again if needed, yes i would.

73s from a happy G7JZD

M0GNA Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2012 00:37 Send this review to a friend
Exellent  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have nothing but praise for this antenna.I have little space for much in the way of long wire dipoles,beams,yagis,etc.I live in a terraced house with a small back yard surrounded by other houses and buildings.It took me about an hour and a half to assemble and i have it raised up on a pole at about 16 feet.The results so far have been fantastic.It tunes 1:1 swr on all bands with a little help from my LDG Z100 ATU.I get 59s reports most of the time working USB with 100 watts.I have worked stations throughout Europe and north and south America and beyond.If you have little space like me and you want to work some trouble free HF then i suggest you look no further than a CobWebb..

GI0HWO Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2011 05:49 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only had this aerial up a few days but am already very impressed. Not only am I working DX but they are calling me.
7 new countries so far and I've not really tried that hard yet.
Mine is at 35ft in the clear and hardly shows.
Excluding a beam, this is the best HFaerial I have used in nearly 38 years of having a licence.
Thoroughly reccomended.

G7VIL Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2011 09:19 Send this review to a friend
excellent for small areas  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
after recommendations for lads in my local clubs, decided to ring Steve(G3TPW)and ordered one on the tuesday,decided to collect in person on the saturday... after being shown the mini manufacturing empire and vast antenna's on various tests in and about his garden...Decided to biuld in the following day.. easy to follow instructions,and within the following couple of days..qso were rolling in from everywhere>>> first VK, on 100watts with a 5/9 report...think thats a result...there are imitation around.BUT will they be as sturdy