Reviews Categories | Microphones | Yaesu MD-200 Hi-Fi Desktop Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu MD-200 Hi-Fi Desktop Microphone
Yaesu MD-200 Hi-Fi Desktop Microphone Reviews: 52 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$399.00
Description: Yaesu Newest Desktop Microphone, Hi-Fi
More info: http://www.yaesu.com

You can write your own review of the Yaesu MD-200 Hi-Fi Desktop Microphone.

KA4ETV Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2010 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Mic  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an excellent mic. I got mine new for 200 with a coupon. If you have a 990, 1000d, early MP, or the mark V, this is the best option.

I have experience with vocal processing and do studio work. I understand audio. So for the money and the fact that this is plug and play right into the radio (no processing boxes, etc.) its a great option.

Just get one and plug in. Forget all that outboard stuff.

BG4TRF Rating: 4/5 Apr 20, 2010 08:27 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Good looking as a studio professional, very well made. I can't much differece between MD-100 which I owned both using stock mic element. The way MD-200 change the frequency response of the microphone is too complicated. You have to disassemble the 2 big screws and remove the mic shield then turn the wheel. MD-100 is more easier that only thing you need to do is move the tiny switches on the bottom.

What really frustrated me most is the beautiful transmit LED is totally not functioning with my FT-950. It's very odd why Yeasu put such a shinning point into void not supporting latest transceivers.

Overall, it is not worth the money for its perfermance but still will give your shack some scenery.

KA2OVK Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2010 06:41 Send this review to a friend
W2ENY Fits B Position!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bob has a mic element that fits in the accessory (B) position of the mike. Came with complete instructions and easy to follow pictures! Well done but he only sells them on his ebay store, item #350313919585

Much better fidelity than any of the heil replacements advertised.

MM6GLI Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2009 08:08 Send this review to a friend
great audio reports  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi i have the md-200 on my mark -v field , my processor is on 12 o" clock position mic gain at the 2 o" clock position and i get good reports with no need to repeat myself when in a qso. All in all very happy with this mic and it does look lovely next to my radio and matching sp-8 speaker ,you have the option of putting another mic insert into the mic but , why bother when the audio is as good as this, 5/5 for me.

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2009 14:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Audio  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great signal reports with this new MD-200 mic... .got it with a trade for an FT-2000 -- great combination, great reviews ! de KK8ZZ

W6PSA Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2009 16:04 Send this review to a friend
Great Microphone!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great mic for the money. It has an option for a second element and there is a HIDDEN switch in the base (removes the bass in your audio).

I wish there was a boom for the mic, but I can rig something to work.

KB2VYZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2009 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Just a GREAT mic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Like the previous reviewer, this mic is used on my FT-2000. This is just a GREAT mic in all aspects period!

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ

K2KOQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2008 18:50 Send this review to a friend
Like a expensive Broadcast Mic  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Use it on a FT-2000. Best sounding Mic I have ever used on ham radio...For Rag chew audio..this is the one you need...If you just want to break a pile up a cheaper one will do.

LU1DAW Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2008 13:01 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Great Audio!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use this mic in a FT-897 and the sound is great, but when I use it with the FT-950 is simply AMAZING!!! THE BEST!!! I compare with the Kenwood MC-60 and they are the day and the night.
If you want to have a great loudness sound with presence, I recomend you this mic, if you only want to use for DX, maybe you can use other mic more cheaper.
Best 73īs

N0MUD Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2008 22:00 Send this review to a friend
Still Execellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
See my Feb 25, 2008 note and of course no change. I still like my MD-200 and have received NO complaints from hams that they can't understand me. No complaints that it's overdriven, just No complaints at all. Just conditions are the only complaints but then we all have that complaint. If your still not sure then listen to someone that has the Mic and you will understand what we are all talking about that it's a great mic. Buy one you won't regret it. Not only will you like the way it works but you will also like the way it matches up with your Yaesu radio including the matching Yaesu speaker. So go to your local Ham Radio store and put those sheckles that are loading down your shorts pockets on the counter and get your own mic.

73's, Mike, N0mud