Reviews Categories | Microphones | Yaesu MD-200 Hi-Fi Desktop Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu MD-200 Hi-Fi Desktop Microphone
Yaesu MD-200 Hi-Fi Desktop Microphone Reviews: 54 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$399.00
Description: Yaesu Newest Desktop Microphone, Hi-Fi
More info: http://www.yaesu.com

You can write your own review of the Yaesu MD-200 Hi-Fi Desktop Microphone.

VA3KNY Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2011 15:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Originally I was getting complaints of the mic. having too much base. I was not happy with the complaints I was receiving and after some investigating I found the answer. I use the mic. on a Yaesu FT920. Remove the 4 screws on the bottom of the mic. base and you will see a switch on a board labelled A and B. This is a tone switch A being the higher of the two. It comes set in the B position and the VSPC ring around the mic. element I moved to about the 5 o'cock position. Everything is great now and no more bad complaints nothing but good compliments now. Why there is no mention of this switch in the manual is beyond me. Hopefully this may help someone as I have read about others having the same problem.

IZ3JJD Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2010 04:17 Send this review to a friend
Great, Great !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use one with my Yaesu FT-950 and it's working very well. Before I used a MD-100 selecting the step mený 64 J3E of the rig to 4-26, having a good modulation. But now it's another thing...I just can say Great, Great!

KA4ETV Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2010 10:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Mic  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is an excellent mic. I got mine new for 200 with a coupon. If you have a 990, 1000d, early MP, or the mark V, this is the best option.

I have experience with vocal processing and do studio work. I understand audio. So for the money and the fact that this is plug and play right into the radio (no processing boxes, etc.) its a great option.

Just get one and plug in. Forget all that outboard stuff.

BG4TRF Rating: 4/5 Apr 20, 2010 08:27 Send this review to a friend
Good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Good looking as a studio professional, very well made. I can't much differece between MD-100 which I owned both using stock mic element. The way MD-200 change the frequency response of the microphone is too complicated. You have to disassemble the 2 big screws and remove the mic shield then turn the wheel. MD-100 is more easier that only thing you need to do is move the tiny switches on the bottom.

What really frustrated me most is the beautiful transmit LED is totally not functioning with my FT-950. It's very odd why Yeasu put such a shinning point into void not supporting latest transceivers.

Overall, it is not worth the money for its perfermance but still will give your shack some scenery.

KA2OVK Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2010 06:41 Send this review to a friend
W2ENY Fits B Position!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bob has a mic element that fits in the accessory (B) position of the mike. Came with complete instructions and easy to follow pictures! Well done but he only sells them on his ebay store, item #350313919585

Much better fidelity than any of the heil replacements advertised.

MM6GLI Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2009 08:08 Send this review to a friend
great audio reports  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi i have the md-200 on my mark -v field , my processor is on 12 o" clock position mic gain at the 2 o" clock position and i get good reports with no need to repeat myself when in a qso. All in all very happy with this mic and it does look lovely next to my radio and matching sp-8 speaker ,you have the option of putting another mic insert into the mic but , why bother when the audio is as good as this, 5/5 for me.

KK8ZZ Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2009 14:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Audio  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great signal reports with this new MD-200 mic... .got it with a trade for an FT-2000 -- great combination, great reviews ! de KK8ZZ

W6PSA Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2009 16:04 Send this review to a friend
Great Microphone!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great mic for the money. It has an option for a second element and there is a HIDDEN switch in the base (removes the bass in your audio).

I wish there was a boom for the mic, but I can rig something to work.

KB2VYZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2009 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Just a GREAT mic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Like the previous reviewer, this mic is used on my FT-2000. This is just a GREAT mic in all aspects period!

73 de Frank/KB2VYZ

K2KOQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2008 18:50 Send this review to a friend
Like a expensive Broadcast Mic  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Use it on a FT-2000. Best sounding Mic I have ever used on ham radio...For Rag chew audio..this is the one you need...If you just want to break a pile up a cheaper one will do.