Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | DXTelnet Help

Reviews Summary for DXTelnet
DXTelnet Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $35 USD Lifetime Registration
Description: Software for monitoring various DX-Clusters on the internet also connection to real time DX-Chat nodes (Telnet and IRC). Has a fully functional demo version available for download. Download site: http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/telnet.htm
More info: http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/telnet.htm

You can write your own review of the DXTelnet.

M0CTQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2002 20:46 Send this review to a friend
works great for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
exellent program,loads of little features right click a call for qrz info,double left click for beam heading ect.set up to alert you when a new dxcc comes on,works with my vqlog also.
does all i want top notch.

W8OB Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2002 20:05 Send this review to a friend
excellant product and support  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
this is a update to a earlier review of this software. I have been using it now for several months.
it works quite well and has netted me more than a few new countries. the author fab is a great
person to work with, any time someone notices a software bug he is quick to provide a fix for
it.If I ever have any questions about the software Fab is very quick to respond (wish I could say
the same about some of the big ticket software people here). keep up the good work fab.

WL7M Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2002 14:50 Send this review to a friend
Works With Firewall  Time owned: more than 12 months
Contrary to another reviewer's experience, DXTELNET DOES work with a firewall, specifically Zone Alarm Pro, the same firewall the reviewer referenced. Takes a little time and adjusting of the security levels in ZAPro, but DXTELNET is running just fine, feeding spots to DX4WIN. An excellent program (as is ZAPro and DX4WIN!)! Recommend it (them) without reservation. 73, Joe, WL7M

ON4CAS Rating: 2/5 Feb 7, 2002 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Doesn't work with Firewall  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used to have this program running. Being connected to the internet by cable, I'm online all the time. Therefore, I needed a firewall. Once I started using a firewall (Zonealarm or McAfee) the software did no work any longer... the author knows about the problem... since I got DX4WIN, I no longer needed the package...

KC5NYO Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2001 19:08 Send this review to a friend
Great Program!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a fine little program. It integrates great with my Win-EQF logging program, so I don't have to leave the logging screen to get spots. They show up on-screen, and F11 takes you right to them. CTRL-D lets you send a spot. Also lots of filters for monitoring only those spots you need or want.

KD7T Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2001 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Great tool for the DX'er  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Works Great...It's been responsible for most of my DX success!

W8OB Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2001 17:38 Send this review to a friend
excellant program -excellant support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
the advantages of purchasing this software are: its a really great dx tool for the shack and when you purchase it , fab the author of it gives outstanding support if you should have any questions or problems. i use it daily to keep track of whats happening in the dx world as well as to get tips on vhf openings.buy this one you wont be sorry.