Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | ACOM 1000 Help

Reviews Summary for ACOM 1000
ACOM 1000 Reviews: 167 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $3250 USD
Description: HF+6M Linear Amplifier

The ACOM†1000 HF Linear Amplifier is the world's best value in an amateur HF amplifier. The ACOM†1000 gives you a comfortable 1000 watts output on all amateur bands from 160 through 6 meters.
Power Output: 1000W PEP or continuous carrier, no mode limit. Uses single 4CX800A (GU74B)
More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/home.html

You can write your own review of the ACOM 1000.

W5CBO Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2015 07:47 Send this review to a friend
Great amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading all the reviews, I bought one three weeks ago and so far I love it. Does everything it's advertized to do and I run it on 110v.

Go get ya one.

PA1CW Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2015 08:17 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am using this amp for more then 5 years and I am very happy with it.
Enough power for HF and 50mhz, easy to tune.

N9TLU Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2015 15:49 Send this review to a friend
Built Like A Tank!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, I've only had this amp for a week, but during that week, I've learned quite a bit. My previous amp was an ALS-600S. Can you guess which one is sitting on the shelf? The ACOM works beautifully! Tuning really is a snap and only takes me about 5 seconds. Okay, maybe 7 seconds... It is VERY quiet and has a very clean signal going out. It is idiot proof as well. Transmit on the wrong band... No problem! The amp stops transmitting! A VERY nice addition to the shack!!! Will I ever buy another amp? Maybe. But I can guarantee that if I do, it will be another ACOM!! ROCK SOLID AMP!

WA2SQQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2015 11:33 Send this review to a friend
The Right Choice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After researching the ACOM 1000 for about 1 month I placed an order with HRO and received it almost 3 weeks ago. Iím using it with my Flex 6500. The 1000 is everything I hoped it would be, and much more! Tuning is very easy (and fast) and the operation is very quiet. Iíve been using it a lot on 160m & 75m AM without any problems what so ever. While many suggested spending the extra cost on either a solid state or auto-tune amplifier, I do not regret purchasing the ACOM 1000 one bit. I would highly recommend it, and Iím looking forward to using it to break through a few pileups. I donít think you can find a better amp at this price point.

KE5JA Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2015 11:04 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
Fantastic amp, super easy to tune, have used for five years now including many contests and I've never had a problem with it! I liked it so much that when I decided to buy a second amp for another station location, I bought an ACOM 1500 and it is also fantastic!!

KE4EX Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2015 09:31 Send this review to a friend
# 4 # $ 4 $ Sweet...  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
normally 40 to 50 watt drive = 1kw pep
whisper quiet
very fast tuning.

Would I buy it again, yes.

NC3Z Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2015 16:17 Send this review to a friend
Super amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great looking, very quiet, and tunes into antenna loads without a tuner. Plus it loafs along at 1000W.

It is amazing how quiet this am is, it is front and center on my operating desk and very unobtrusive.

I bought this back in May from DX Engineering and also found 2 sealed tubes locally for $125 each, if I ever need them.

NI9Y Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2015 05:35 Send this review to a friend
Super amplifier  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my 1996 ACOM-1000 from a ham who wanted to upgrade. The first two years was flawless then the amp suddenly would not turn on. I immediately checked all the fuses which were okay. Then looked for any burned or darkened parts. I called Array Solutions and they said send it in. I carefully repackaged it in the original container and took it to FedEx which cost $75 ground shipment. I got a call saying they received the amp in good condition. After about three weeks they called saying it was repaired saying a screen grid capacitor had failed but only showed up after a faulty fuse was replaced. I never heard of a faulty fuse unless it was an open fuse. At any rate I received the amp in a few days in perfect working condition.

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2015 07:49 Send this review to a friend
3rd. year evaluation  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used this amp daily for 3 years.Accidentally ran it into an open and shorted antenna.Forgot to turn the 200w FT1000D down to 45w,just shuts down every time.Have a spare GU74B which I'll probably never need.Will keep for many years.A superb product!

CT1EWX Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2015 07:14 Send this review to a friend
I am a happy Ham  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am a happy Ham.
for more than 10 years ago, my amplifier was Ameritron AL80B, a good Kw. with this amp I got my # 324 DXCC score. nothing bad, I really like to do radio, but I am not his slave, hihihi. after work I have, my family, my bike, and the radio.
the Acom was an amplifier that fascinated me by his silence, I saw the Acom 1500, at the home of a friend, and liked it.
I can not say much about Acom 1000, it is a good choice, price / quality. 45w, I have 1KW antenna
I hope to operate with it good times, because after my health accident in 2009, my dream continues.
Sergio Lopes, CT1EWX