Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | ACOM 1000 Help

Reviews Summary for ACOM 1000
ACOM 1000 Reviews: 176 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $3250 USD
Description: HF+6M Linear Amplifier

The ACOM 1000 HF Linear Amplifier is the world's best value in an amateur HF amplifier. The ACOM 1000 gives you a comfortable 1000 watts output on all amateur bands from 160 through 6 meters.
Power Output: 1000W PEP or continuous carrier, no mode limit. Uses single 4CX800A (GU74B)
More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/home.html

You can write your own review of the ACOM 1000.

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2017 09:18 Send this review to a friend
5th year evaluation  Time owned: more than 12 months
Been using this amp for 5 years now and it has performed beyond expectations.Still get 1kw out with 45w drive.Tried a couple of 600w solid-state amps and both failed.I'll stick with tubes.This is the finest linear I've used.As others have said "bulletproof".

M0KZX Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2017 00:44 Send this review to a friend
Built like a tank, easy to use an amp for life  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've owned my Acom 1000 just over a month now and have found it to be an excellent amplifier.

It's a piece of cake to tune up using ACOM's simple but clever system. Reports are all of very clear audio with nothing nasty going on around the edges.

Runs nice and cool at 400 watts and the fan noise is very acceptable.

My one and only grumble is that the tune and load capacitors have not been fitted with slow motion drives. It would have been a nice touch and something I would have been happy to pay a little more for.

If you are looking for a new amp this is the one to buy. You will not be disappointed.

NC3Z Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2017 04:57 Send this review to a friend
Love this amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tuning is so easy and very repeatable. Easily runs it's rated output and then some! Takes inadvertent abuse with grace.

W6FCS Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2016 11:40 Send this review to a friend
I am impressed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just purchased the ACOM-1000BR (Brown 2015 version)
from DXEngineering for 2395.00. I've used a lot of Henry Amps, but this Amp is in a class of its own.
I've had it for about a week. Used it in the ARRL 10 meter contest. Loads and tunes great. 65 watts in gives 1035 out. Plus - the ceramic tubes are plentiful and less that 200. The documentation matches the quality of the amp. You will not find a better amp, solid state or tube, at the 1kw level.

KE4EX Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2016 13:54 Send this review to a friend
#4# $4$ worth every dollar  Time owned: more than 12 months
One year mark, works pretty darn good.
No issues, extreemly quiet, easy KW.
I hit it with 200 watts once, she went to default
Saftey, normally select the 50 watt out of my FTDX5K gives me 850 to 925 output.
If drive her with 65 watts 1050 to 1100.
I am happy with her tuning, very easy.
If i had to pick one of the many many features,
QUIET ......

N9AOP Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2016 19:10 Send this review to a friend
As Advertised  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had this amp for exactly one year and bought it from DX Engineering. I use this amp for one hour in the AM and one hour in the PM 7 days a week and have had no trouble because it works just as it is supposed to. It replaced a 10 year old TT Centurion. I was considering the Acom 1500 but the additional few watts were not worth $1000 to me. If your antennas are under a 3.0 SWR you won't need a tuner.
Art

N4KH Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2016 17:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned my 1000 for about a year and use it occasionally for DXing and contesting. The build quality is first rate, tune up is a snap, and it performs great with about 40 to 50 watts input. Very quiet. Highly recommended if you don't feel the need for a full legal limit amp.

DK3TNA Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2016 08:19 Send this review to a friend
You get everything you need  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great tabletop amplifier!

Before I decided to buy an ACOM 1000 I operated a couple of other amplifiers like Ameritron AL-811, Heathkit SB-220 and a Yaesu FL-2100Z.

The ACOM 1000 is so easy to use. It has a very low noise fan. Bandchanges were made in seconds. Everything is protected, so it is nearly impossible to damage the amp in a normal operating scenario.

With just 60 watts drive you get a 1 kw clean signal out. Enough to be heard in a pile up.

The tube is a long life GU-74B which can be replaced cheap.

I recommand the amp.

M1WML Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2016 12:56 Send this review to a friend
10 year review..  Time owned: more than 12 months
just a fantastic amplifier..
never let me down in 10 years...
10/10.

W5CBO Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2015 07:47 Send this review to a friend
Great amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading all the reviews, I bought one three weeks ago and so far I love it. Does everything it's advertized to do and I run it on 110v.

Go get ya one.