Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | ACOM 1000 Help

Reviews Summary for ACOM 1000
ACOM 1000 Reviews: 152 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $3250 USD
Description: HF+6M Linear Amplifier

The ACOM1000 HF Linear Amplifier is the world's best value in an amateur HF amplifier. The ACOM1000 gives you a comfortable 1000 watts output on all amateur bands from 160 through 6 meters.
Power Output: 1000W PEP or continuous carrier, no mode limit. Uses single 4CX800A (GU74B)
More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/home.html

You can write your own review of the ACOM 1000.

G3RCE Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2013 10:38 Send this review to a friend
A reference standard in HF amplifiers  Time owned: more than 12 months
Top marks go to Ron at Vine Antenna Products.
Always excellent advice and help.
Almost immediate reply to emails.
Always superb service.
I've purchased both the 1010 and 1000 over the years.
My favourite is definitely the 1000 and I have fitted the extra cooling fan just in case I use rtty etc.
Lots already said about the 1000.
Rob G3RCE

G0MJK Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2013 02:17 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant amp  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought my Acom 1000 second hand to replace my ageing Drake L7. I suspected the tube might be on its way out as it seemed to want more drive than it should. Sure enough the GU74B finally arced and the excellent protection closed the amp down - top marks. I had purchased a new tube from the Ukraine, the ruggedised version which I fitted and all is now well. But be warned there is 3000v floating in there. Top marks to Ron of Vine Antennas the UK agents for helpful advice who provided me with full instructions to change the tube and set up the bias. So easy to use and tune and my Palstar HF Auto loves it. If you can find one buy it but it won't be this one it is staying here.

KF7QLQ Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2013 17:48 Send this review to a friend
Great purchase  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My remarks are a little biased as this is my first amp purchase. I have owned the ACOM 1000 for about 3-weeks. I drive it with an Icom IC-7600. With 45 watts in I get a solid 1K. Connection could not be simpler, A single RCA cord for Keying and an antenna from the exciter. The tuning is about as easy as it gets. 10 seconds max.
I do run through a Palstar HF-AUTO tuner as my antenna a Zero-Five 10-40 GP is only resonant at 40M, the amp will compensate up to VSWR of 3:1.
Local support via email closed the deal. I am relatively new to the hobby and ask allot of questions. All were answered in detail and typically within hours. If considering this amp, the reviews speak the truth.

AK4NG Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2013 18:56 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is my first Amp and I got it in Oct 2012. It performs flawlessly and is very easy to tune. It has excellent protection. I have made my own tuning table which allows me to tune up rapidly with the built-in circuitry. If you get one, you will love it.

W2OSR Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2013 05:12 Send this review to a friend
Great Amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had the amplifier for a month now. It is extremely easy to tune. I had problems on six meters. After troubleshooting the problem was traced to a MFJ lightning arrestor that was breaking down at anything much over 100 watts. I hope six opens up so I try it out. With 60 watts of drive the power out is in the high 900's.

F4FJL Rating: 5/5 Jun 17, 2013 00:46 Send this review to a friend
Just great !  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use my ACOM1000 for a year and I must say it amazes me every day. Easy to use, very well protected, it gives 1000W output with 60W input. Nothing more to say than what has already been written, if you are looking for an amp, go for it without hesitation! Good DX & 73 at all.

G4ABX Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2013 08:38 Send this review to a friend
Its a delight!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had my ACOM for 2 weeks. Bought it second hand in the UK.
Its the first HF Linear I've ever owned in 45 years of Amateur Radio.
It complements my K3 perfectly and tunes both my antennas effortlessly. (TW2010 and 80M OCF Dipole)
I mainly operate CW and the AMP simply breezes along: 30 watts input = 400 watts output and it casework runs at room temperature -- even after a solid hour on the key.
The full break-in is excellent. So quiet you often wonder if its connected until noticing the power output!
I thought the tuning indicator would be a bit of a gimmick -- but its not. It works and its simple to use. I don't need an ATU (which would have cost sever hundred 's on its own) the AMP matches any antenna I've connected.
As a bit of an Elecraft nut, I had wondered about the KPA500 -- which seemed to meet all my requirements -- but then it needs an ATU, and an expensive one at that. The ACOM was a better choice for me, particularity as second hand it was less than half the price of a new KPA500 on its own.
The build quality is of the highest order. Great design. Clean lines, simple solid controls and it seems to cope with all my misdemeanors -- like feeding it with 100 watts instead of 30, driving it into a 10:1 SWR and driving it on the wrong band. Having hooked up the 'keying out' socket to my K3 TX inhibit, it seems to be extremely resilient.
In summary:
Second only to my K3, its the best bit of kit I've purchased in 45 years on the air.

In one word: Fantastic!

SV1QOT Rating: 5/5 May 2, 2013 06:55 Send this review to a friend
Radio amateur God send  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
If u have the money buy it,dont miss the chance to get into club of happy and proud family of ACOM.
as the other friends said before:
1.easy tune
6.never break.
So go and buy it.

AI4U Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2013 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Amazing!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received a new Acom 1000 from Array Solutions. I have to say this is one amazing and easy to use amp! I had no problems connecting it to my new Kenwood TS990S. One cable, a quick easy tune up with 65 watts drive...and 1024 watts out in less than 10 seconds..! This amp is very well constructed and a heavy duty piece of equipment...I highly recommend one if you are looking for an amp!

G0OQQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2013 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Amplifier.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the Acom 1000 for 3 years,previous Amplifiers were the Yaesu 2100Z and the Linear Amp Ranger 811H.Both were troublesome,input matching,short valve life etc.Running both Amps was not a pleasure by any means.
Then i bought the Acom,so easy to use no need for an external Tuner the TRI facility makes it all so easy and the Transciever looks at 50 Ohms all the time.like the other 130+ reviews to date..A GREAT AMPLIFIER..