Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | ACOM 1000 Help

Reviews Summary for ACOM 1000
ACOM 1000 Reviews: 182 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $3250 USD
Description: HF+6M Linear Amplifier

The ACOM 1000 HF Linear Amplifier is the world's best value in an amateur HF amplifier. The ACOM 1000 gives you a comfortable 1000 watts output on all amateur bands from 160 through 6 meters.
Power Output: 1000W PEP or continuous carrier, no mode limit. Uses single 4CX800A (GU74B)
More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/home.html

You can write your own review of the ACOM 1000.

KE4EX Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2015 09:31 Send this review to a friend
# 4 # $ 4 $ Sweet...  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
normally 40 to 50 watt drive = 1kw pep
whisper quiet
very fast tuning.

Would I buy it again, yes.

NC3Z Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2015 16:17 Send this review to a friend
Super amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great looking, very quiet, and tunes into antenna loads without a tuner. Plus it loafs along at 1000W.

It is amazing how quiet this am is, it is front and center on my operating desk and very unobtrusive.

I bought this back in May from DX Engineering and also found 2 sealed tubes locally for $125 each, if I ever need them.

NI9Y Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2015 05:35 Send this review to a friend
Super amplifier  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my 1996 ACOM-1000 from a ham who wanted to upgrade. The first two years was flawless then the amp suddenly would not turn on. I immediately checked all the fuses which were okay. Then looked for any burned or darkened parts. I called Array Solutions and they said send it in. I carefully repackaged it in the original container and took it to FedEx which cost $75 ground shipment. I got a call saying they received the amp in good condition. After about three weeks they called saying it was repaired saying a screen grid capacitor had failed but only showed up after a faulty fuse was replaced. I never heard of a faulty fuse unless it was an open fuse. At any rate I received the amp in a few days in perfect working condition.

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2015 07:49 Send this review to a friend
3rd. year evaluation  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have used this amp daily for 3 years.Accidentally ran it into an open and shorted antenna.Forgot to turn the 200w FT1000D down to 45w,just shuts down every time.Have a spare GU74B which I'll probably never need.Will keep for many years.A superb product!

CT1EWX Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2015 07:14 Send this review to a friend
I am a happy Ham  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am a happy Ham.
for more than 10 years ago, my amplifier was Ameritron AL80B, a good Kw. with this amp I got my # 324 DXCC score. nothing bad, I really like to do radio, but I am not his slave, hihihi. after work I have, my family, my bike, and the radio.
the Acom was an amplifier that fascinated me by his silence, I saw the Acom 1500, at the home of a friend, and liked it.
I can not say much about Acom 1000, it is a good choice, price / quality. 45w, I have 1KW antenna
I hope to operate with it good times, because after my health accident in 2009, my dream continues.
Sergio Lopes, CT1EWX

AC4R Rating: 5/5 Jul 2, 2015 07:55 Send this review to a friend
Great amp !  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Since i bought my Acom 1000 the Alpha 8410 has been laying dorment. This is a great 1 KW am , and the build is definently military qualitly. Easy to tune and get on frequency fast . Protections for all faults. I am well pleased and will buy a Acom 1.5 k at a later date, and the 1000 stays here as well . The 8410 is now on the block to be sold. Got it from HRO for $2750. You wont go wrong with this one.

AC4R

M0HDX Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2015 13:25 Send this review to a friend
2 year update  Time owned: more than 12 months
Acom 1000 2 year update.

Used daily without a single problem and very very reliable,superb clean signal.

The rolls royce of amplifiers and the guys at Acom deserve all the credit for building such a well engineered product.

A definite keeper.

W3PAL Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2015 11:20 Send this review to a friend
Best amplifier for the money.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this amplifier from Array Solutions about a month ago. It works exceptionally well. 60-65 Watts in easily produces 1,200 Watts out.
I've owned Alpha, Ameritron and Commander amplifiers. Acom design and quality are way more superior. All RF coils are wound on hollow ceramic cores. They also use low loss, hollow ceramic cores for the lower band coils unlike many other top rated amplifiers. Everything in this amplifier shows excellent engineering, attention to detail and superb quality.
The amplifier is whisper quiet. It's cooling fan is internally suspended on vibration isolators. It does not put out more noise than a desktop PC. Running full CW QSK is no problem with the vacuum switching relay. The amplifier has protection for everything. It would automatically connect an internal 6 db attenuator if I forget to lower radio's TX power when tuning the amplifier. Tuning is very easy with it's TRI load capacitor indicator. The amp can easily handle antennas with less than perfect SWR. I don't even use my antenna tuner anymore.
Changing bands and tuning takes several seconds or less.
What really sold me on this amplifier is the fact that they use Svetlana, high performance GU-74B ceramic tubes. A new replacement tube can be bought on Ebay for about $150 a piece. The factory installed tube should last for many years but it's good to know that spares are readily available and relatively cheap.
I would highly recommend this amp if you are looking for a top quality amplifier that is easy to use and affordable. This amplifier cannot be damaged by operator error or improper tuning. No antenna tuner is required for antennas with SWR of 3:1 or less.
Array solutions was a pleasure to deal with. They always answer their phone and have a fully equipped repair facility.

M0KKW Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2015 15:54 Send this review to a friend
Top Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Swapped the valve for a friend just to confirm the new one worked OK. Have never seen a more professionally implemented design. Virtually military quality. These are the business.

SV8FES Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2014 08:30 Send this review to a friend
THE BEST 1 KW TUBE AMP.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
THE BEST 1 KW TUBE AMP. ON THE MARKET. I have to say this is one amazing and easy to use amp! I had no problems connecting. One cable, a quick easy tune up with 65 watts drive...and 1150 watts out in less than 10 seconds..! This amp is very well constructed and a heavy duty piece of equipment...I highly recommend one if you are looking for an amp!
1.easy tune
2.a lot of protections
3.stability
4.low price
5.design
6.never break.
7. less expensive tube (GU74B)
So go and buy it.