Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | ACOM 1000 Help

Reviews Summary for ACOM 1000
ACOM 1000 Reviews: 152 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $3250 USD
Description: HF+6M Linear Amplifier

The ACOM 1000 HF Linear Amplifier is the world's best value in an amateur HF amplifier. The ACOM 1000 gives you a comfortable 1000 watts output on all amateur bands from 160 through 6 meters.
Power Output: 1000W PEP or continuous carrier, no mode limit. Uses single 4CX800A (GU74B)
More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/home.html

You can write your own review of the ACOM 1000.

OH3KVZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2013 11:04 Send this review to a friend
Great linear  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After +20 years my THP HL-1KGX was outdated with soft tubes. I compared Acom's to Ameritron's, Italian solid state amp's and Alpin's. Finally i decided to buy an Acom 1000. I think that will be in my shack for next 20 years. I guaranteed it's long life and puchased spare tubes. I am sitting on five NOS GU74B tubes.
Amplifier is very easy to tune and quiet.Build quality is very good and it is well protected. It's just whispering when it pushes 800-1000 watts output power. Acom 1000 meets everything i expected.
Just buy it, you won't be disappointed.

WP4O Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2013 10:33 Send this review to a friend
Great AMP!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Nice solid Amp.

W8KX Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2013 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Great amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For a manually tuned, vacuum tube amplifier, This is about as modern an implementation of this century old technology as I can currently imagine. I won't repeat the good points well illustrated by others. Six meters is certainly a plus.
I do wish though that they had used vernier drives on the tune/load caps (they bind slightly) and the knobs for those controls look cheap. I find myself preferring a calibrated analog display for output tuning as opposed to the bar graph display on the amp, which is nonetheless perfectly adequate.
With all vacuum tube amplifiers these days, it's advisable to maintain a stock of spare tubes. Supply for these can only become less certain.

M0HDX Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2013 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Simply The Best  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Thankyou Acom for a superb product.

I can only repeat what so many others have said in there reviews about the Acom 1000.

Simple/Easy to tune 10 secs max or less.

(Att) Prev - Next function for tuning is fantastic

Over 1kw out
quite
runs cool
Lot of protection
Looks great
Reliable
Tubes still cheap
Great service.. e mailed Acom and reply same day.

I use the Icom 756pro with the Acom 1000.To key the amp i used a 7 pin din plug (pin 2 GND) (pin 3 SEND)and a standard phono plug the other end straight into the amp...The 7 pin din plugs straight into ACC(2) on the back of the 756pro.....No Hotswitching,No external Relays needed...Works fine using ACC(2)back of Icom.

The Acom 1000 is the best bit of ham radio kit i brought in ages.

Im very happy with the Amp....Its a keeper.

Jim M0HDX

PU2POP Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2012 09:11 Send this review to a friend
The great!  Time owned: months
Absolutely spetacular!!!

DJ7ZZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2012 00:18 Send this review to a friend
TOP Amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a three Years old ACOM-1000 second hand from a Ham in the neighborhood.
It is like new and after a few weeks I can say it works perfect.
- Easy and quick tuning
- Pout over 1KW
- very quite
- good Protection for Dummies :-)
A perfect buy!

DJ7ZZ

KE5JA Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2012 14:47 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used the ACOM 1000 for two years now here in Russia and have never had a problem with it! Easy to tune, quiet, over 1kW out, etc., etc. Everything fantastic, and if I ever buy another amp, it will only be an ACOM!

Max, RA/KE5JA

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2012 06:43 Send this review to a friend
nicest amp ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have had them all since been a ham for 52 years.This is the best amp I've ever owned.Recently got it after hearing W4WTX on his and it sounded great.It's easy to set up and use.Getting a KW with only 45w of drive.Can't hear the fan or switching.Basically foolproof design.QSK is superb.Wish I had bought one years ago.Highly recommended.

W4TWX Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2012 19:22 Send this review to a friend
"HOT SWITCHING"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently bought an Acom 1000. When I hooked the amp up and started to tune I got a "Hot Switching" message...I run a Yaesu FT-1000MP, this is my main rig and I use it to run my henry amp...I have a extra relay in the keying line...When I hooked the Acom 1000 up I would get "Hot Switching". After several attempts, I called Jay at Array Solutions and he advised me to take the extra relay out of the keying line.The amp then worked perfect....What was happening was the extra relay was slowing down the switching process and let rf go into the Acom before it had time to switch...This caused the "Hot Switching"
I like to talk using vox and the Acom 1000 can switch so fast that I never hear any relay switch or any thing. I can not even tell the amp is working unless I look at the watt meter...I have several amps from the Alpha, Collins,Heathkit, Commanders and Henry. I like them all, but this ACOM 1000 is so smooth and easy to tune, it is the best amp I have ever had.......

F6BLP Rating: 1/5 Apr 28, 2012 01:30 Send this review to a friend
Life of HV transformer .. no more than 5 years !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am not agree with ACOM.

The HV transformer is out and I spend 500 euros for repair.

My 25 years old TL922 is always in life. Before YAESU 2277Z, and before FL2500. No problem with, only I changed 2 time 3-500Z with TL922, 1 time 572b with Yaesu. In the same shack of ACOM 1000 now.

I know that many others people have problem with the transformer. I received other mail for that. Vince in England know also the problem.

I am not a contester and never replace the original tube. I think that there is a big problem with the production of this transformer and his fiability.

It means that a transformer need to be remplaced every 5 years !

See the mail from ACOM service :

" According to us, the product defects appear before the first year to expire.
We provide two calendar years warranty. Francis, you have used this transformer
3 and half times longer. Consequently, we think that this fault is a result from
operating conditions - increased humidity, increased ambient temperature,
increased mains voltage, any power supply over voltage, etc."

I am in France and my shack is in my house. All the conditions are good to use an amplifier. So this reply is not good.

Sorry for that because ACOM 1000 is a very good amplifier, very quiet and very nice to operate. But ACOM service is very bad. Not ready to buy the new ACOM 1500 !

Please tell me if you have also the same problem.

Best regards