Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | ACOM 1000 Help

Reviews Summary for ACOM 1000
ACOM 1000 Reviews: 154 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $3250 USD
Description: HF+6M Linear Amplifier

The ACOM 1000 HF Linear Amplifier is the world's best value in an amateur HF amplifier. The ACOM 1000 gives you a comfortable 1000 watts output on all amateur bands from 160 through 6 meters.
Power Output: 1000W PEP or continuous carrier, no mode limit. Uses single 4CX800A (GU74B)
More info: http://www.acom-bg.com/home.html

You can write your own review of the ACOM 1000.

AI4U Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2013 11:25 Send this review to a friend
Amazing!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received a new Acom 1000 from Array Solutions. I have to say this is one amazing and easy to use amp! I had no problems connecting it to my new Kenwood TS990S. One cable, a quick easy tune up with 65 watts drive...and 1024 watts out in less than 10 seconds..! This amp is very well constructed and a heavy duty piece of equipment...I highly recommend one if you are looking for an amp!

G0OQQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2013 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Amplifier.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned the Acom 1000 for 3 years,previous Amplifiers were the Yaesu 2100Z and the Linear Amp Ranger 811H.Both were troublesome,input matching,short valve life etc.Running both Amps was not a pleasure by any means.
Then i bought the Acom,so easy to use no need for an external Tuner the TRI facility makes it all so easy and the Transciever looks at 50 Ohms all the time.like the other 130+ reviews to date..A GREAT AMPLIFIER..

OH3KVZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2013 11:04 Send this review to a friend
Great linear  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After +20 years my THP HL-1KGX was outdated with soft tubes. I compared Acom's to Ameritron's, Italian solid state amp's and Alpin's. Finally i decided to buy an Acom 1000. I think that will be in my shack for next 20 years. I guaranteed it's long life and puchased spare tubes. I am sitting on five NOS GU74B tubes.
Amplifier is very easy to tune and quiet.Build quality is very good and it is well protected. It's just whispering when it pushes 800-1000 watts output power. Acom 1000 meets everything i expected.
Just buy it, you won't be disappointed.

WP4O Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2013 10:33 Send this review to a friend
Great AMP!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Nice solid Amp.

W8KX Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2013 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Great amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For a manually tuned, vacuum tube amplifier, This is about as modern an implementation of this century old technology as I can currently imagine. I won't repeat the good points well illustrated by others. Six meters is certainly a plus.
I do wish though that they had used vernier drives on the tune/load caps (they bind slightly) and the knobs for those controls look cheap. I find myself preferring a calibrated analog display for output tuning as opposed to the bar graph display on the amp, which is nonetheless perfectly adequate.
With all vacuum tube amplifiers these days, it's advisable to maintain a stock of spare tubes. Supply for these can only become less certain.

M0HDX Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2013 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Simply The Best  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Thankyou Acom for a superb product.

I can only repeat what so many others have said in there reviews about the Acom 1000.

Simple/Easy to tune 10 secs max or less.

(Att) Prev - Next function for tuning is fantastic

Over 1kw out
quite
runs cool
Lot of protection
Looks great
Reliable
Tubes still cheap
Great service.. e mailed Acom and reply same day.

I use the Icom 756pro with the Acom 1000.To key the amp i used a 7 pin din plug (pin 2 GND) (pin 3 SEND)and a standard phono plug the other end straight into the amp...The 7 pin din plugs straight into ACC(2) on the back of the 756pro.....No Hotswitching,No external Relays needed...Works fine using ACC(2)back of Icom.

The Acom 1000 is the best bit of ham radio kit i brought in ages.

Im very happy with the Amp....Its a keeper.

Jim M0HDX

PU2POP Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2012 09:11 Send this review to a friend
The great!  Time owned: months
Absolutely spetacular!!!

DJ7ZZ Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2012 00:18 Send this review to a friend
TOP Amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a three Years old ACOM-1000 second hand from a Ham in the neighborhood.
It is like new and after a few weeks I can say it works perfect.
- Easy and quick tuning
- Pout over 1KW
- very quite
- good Protection for Dummies :-)
A perfect buy!

DJ7ZZ

KE5JA Rating: 5/5 Oct 8, 2012 14:47 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used the ACOM 1000 for two years now here in Russia and have never had a problem with it! Easy to tune, quiet, over 1kW out, etc., etc. Everything fantastic, and if I ever buy another amp, it will only be an ACOM!

Max, RA/KE5JA

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2012 06:43 Send this review to a friend
nicest amp ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Have had them all since been a ham for 52 years.This is the best amp I've ever owned.Recently got it after hearing W4WTX on his and it sounded great.It's easy to set up and use.Getting a KW with only 45w of drive.Can't hear the fan or switching.Basically foolproof design.QSK is superb.Wish I had bought one years ago.Highly recommended.