Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Directional: Yagi, quad, rotary dipole, LPD, etc | HyGain 205CA Help

Reviews Summary for HyGain 205CA
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $769.95
Description: 5 element 20meter beam on a 2" 34' boom
More info: http://www.hy-gain.com/products.php?prodid=LJ-205CA

You can write your own review of the HyGain 205CA.

W8JI Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2012 06:40 Send this review to a friend
Good design  Time owned: months
My first 205 antenna was installed near Cleveland Ohio in the early 1980's. I had it up about 150 feet in the air out in the country with open fields, not too far from the lake. It held up great in high winds, ice, and snow.

I current have 5 205CA's, but have modified them by deleting one element and readjusting element length and spacing. They are now four elements on the same length boom.

Mechanically and electrically they are fine, but I wanted less wind load and different mounting so I could side mount them on a wide tower.

W0NCL Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2006 08:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ive had this antenna up for over 3 years now and its been flawless. SWR has remained nearly flat on the phone portion where I have it setup. Im turning it with a alfaspid rotor on a crankup tower. Im happy with the antennas front to back and also front to side ratio as well. There is a construction spacing modification to max out performance with this antenna but I have not tried it. I havent had any hardware issues and Im on a hill with no cover at 1400ft. Great product, highly recommended antenna.

Anonymous Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 1999 10:33 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Antenna for the bucks!!  Time owned: unknown months
This is the second 205CA that I have had the pleasure of owning and I must say that both have been fantastic antennas! Straight forward assembly with no surprises. Me and a friend put it all together in about 3 hours. Didn't get it mounted on the tower that weekend, since it was CQWW Contest Weekend, so mounted it on sawhorses and worked over 100 contacts. At 91ft it performs wonderful and the SWR curves look exactly like the book.
One added feature that I love is the fact that, using my antenna tuner, I can load it up FB on 10-15-17 meters and even get some gain out of it!
The HyGain folks in Lincoln have always been extremely helpful, which is the main reason I have owned many of their products. Hope MFJ keeps up their fine tradition.