Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | K6ARU Radio Help

Reviews Summary for K6ARU Radio
K6ARU Radio Reviews: 24 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $60.00hr
Description:

Amateur (HAM) Radio Repairs ONLY. All make and models. Old (in repairable condition) and the Latest

All Amplifiers, Transceivers, Transmitters, Receivers, etc...

HF/VHF/UHF all modes, Tubes, Solid State, SMTechnology, etc...

Test, Alignments, RX/TX Modifications, Service Bulletins, etc...

Former Icom Technician 1994­96, over 30 years experience in Ham radio and Consumer products repairs service.

Amateur Radio license since 1988­Present­Extra class license in 1999

Est.7/2000 to 12/2014 ­TURNER RADIO in Lancaster, Ca.

Est. 1/2015 to Present ­K6ARU RADIO in Lake Los Angeles, Ca.

Service/Technical Info hours M­F 10am­-5pm PST S­S CLOSED

Estimate fee: $15 HT's, small items, accessories, etc... $30 mobiles, small/med ss amps, etc... $60 HF and big amps etc... Service charge: $60/hr minimum

30 Days Warranty Parts and Labor

Any radios left more than ­90 Days ­NO PAY­ NO REPLY­ Unit will be ether Scrapped/Parted/Sold ­90 Days of receiving it-

Charles Turner K6ARU 40074 176th Street East Lake Los Angeles, Ca. 93591­3136

M­F 10AM­5PM PST ONLY S­S CLOSED (661) 264­3680

E­mail: k6aru@cwo.com

You can write your own review of the K6ARU Radio.

KA6IYS Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2012 08:36 Send this review to a friend
TS440S Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Charles continues to provide a much needed and difficult to find repair service for older radios. Being a one man shop repair times can be extended, but he is upfront and gives you realistic time frame when your equipment is left for repair. I was given a 4 - 6 week turn around and it came in at just under 5 weeks.

KB6KGX Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2011 22:58 Send this review to a friend
TM-741A  Time owned: more than 12 months
TM-741, because of some extremely hot days, here in the San Fernando Valley (of Los Angeles), had "locked up", controls wouldn't work, no tx/rx, not even open squelch, couldn't even turn it off! Was recommended to send to Turner Radio. Said it could take 4-5 weeks, because of the backlog ahead of me, but I just got the call yesterday after about three weeks... all done! Had to resolder on the board a bit, and also realigned and retuned... also did out-of-band mods for MARS and CAP, and will also cover GMRS and FRS, too. Can't wait to get the radio back in the car!

N5DFV Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2011 09:41 Send this review to a friend
Ft 101 transmitter problems  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Ft 101 w/transmitter problems. Chuck had it working FB in abt 2 hours and the rig realigned.Prices were very reasonable.

WB9YCJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2010 10:09 Send this review to a friend
Pleasant experiance  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Charles is not a johnny come lately.
If you are in the central or southern California area and dont like shipping you classic big radio, give Charles a call. Drive your big amp, big transceiver or other classic to Lancaster and prevent shippers from damaging it.

For a link to his website, go to QRZ.com and enter the following callsign: K6ARU

AF6JJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 23, 2010 21:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the past two years I have sent Charles a number of transceivers and other station equipment, mostly older tube equipment. Among these were a couple of amps. I have never been disappointed in his work. I know that he is very busy so I try not to overload him by sending multiple items. His turn-around time is 4 to 6 weeks which he will tell you up front. His labor is very resonable. It is great to have someone in the High Desert that can work on such a variety of equipment and to do it in such a professional manner.

N6NJS Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2008 09:12 Send this review to a friend
Excellant Repair to Titan 425  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Turner Radio Repair, fixed several problems with my Ten-Tec Titan 425 Amplifier. Now it really works well. Charles found several problems that were done by someone else. Since I bought it used I have no idea who botched it up. He also fixed 3 FT-90 Radios that I took to him. All work was very professional done and was well worth the hour and a half drive from my home.

KG6PST Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2008 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Turner Radio is a totally professional shop. Chuck repaired two poorly wired vintage Ameco AC-1 transmitters expertly. He kept me updated during the whole process, including shipping, explained the problems, and even gave me some much needed advice. I will be sending more of my Boatanchor equipment his way, including a cathedral radio from the 1920's.

He provides a truly important service and I'm really lucky I found him.

AE6JN Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2008 15:27 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Work!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I brought my FT-736R to Turner to have the Symek 38k4 satellite mod installed. The radio worked flawlessly for High speed data with my TNC2S. Chuck really knows his business. Highly recommended.

KK6PA Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2007 15:56 Send this review to a friend
Great High Desert Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had good dealings with him. He worked on my TS-450 and IC-756PRO. Neither were working right. Turns out the problems were in my shack. Had him tune up both rigs. They work great. He charges $65 per rig for tune up. Well worth it.

WB6GKI Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2007 11:21 Send this review to a friend
Great!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Finally we have an expert to do alignment, cleanup, etc, right up here in the High Desert. He did a really great job on my old beat up TS-450S. Turned it back into a great radio.
Thanx Chuck.