Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Turner Radio Help

Reviews Summary for Turner Radio
Turner Radio Reviews: 18 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $60.00hr
Description: Turner Radio 42541 6th Street East Suite 8 Lancaster, Ca. 93535. M-F 10am-5pm Pacific Time (661) 945-9097

“Your High Performance Radio Repairs”

Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu Specialist

Old and New ham radios includes tube radios like Collins, Johnson’s, Hallicrafters etc… and any ham radio related equipment but no computers (hihi)

This is a real business Ham radio repair facility NOT from a HOUSE or a HOME. A REAL SHOP a place of Business. Drop by and pick up, UPS, FEDEX, DHL, USPS accepted but mainly shipped UPS ground back unless requested by the customer’s preference.

Payment is accepted by Paypal, Check, Money Orders, Cash, credit cards payments accepted thru PAYPAL ONLY!!!

HRO of Burbank, Ca. and Oakland, Ca are my primary sponsors. You may contact them for more information also.

More info: k6aru@cwo.com (NOT http://kc6aru@cwo.com). I do not have a web site yet!

You can write your own review of the Turner Radio.

KG6PST Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2008 10:55 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Turner Radio is a totally professional shop. Chuck repaired two poorly wired vintage Ameco AC-1 transmitters expertly. He kept me updated during the whole process, including shipping, explained the problems, and even gave me some much needed advice. I will be sending more of my Boatanchor equipment his way, including a cathedral radio from the 1920's.

He provides a truly important service and I'm really lucky I found him.

AE6JN Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2008 15:27 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Work!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I brought my FT-736R to Turner to have the Symek 38k4 satellite mod installed. The radio worked flawlessly for High speed data with my TNC2S. Chuck really knows his business. Highly recommended.

KK6PA Rating: 5/5 Dec 16, 2007 15:56 Send this review to a friend
Great High Desert Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had good dealings with him. He worked on my TS-450 and IC-756PRO. Neither were working right. Turns out the problems were in my shack. Had him tune up both rigs. They work great. He charges $65 per rig for tune up. Well worth it.

WB6GKI Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2007 11:21 Send this review to a friend
Great!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Finally we have an expert to do alignment, cleanup, etc, right up here in the High Desert. He did a really great job on my old beat up TS-450S. Turned it back into a great radio.
Thanx Chuck.

Ron C. WB6GKI
Ridgecrest.

WA2RKJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2006 06:36 Send this review to a friend
excellent repair work  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had Chuck repair newer and old radios for me. He does it all well and within reasonable cost. The old Atlas 210X is now within specs and has full output.

WA6JJA Rating: 5/5 Apr 16, 2006 12:16 Send this review to a friend
From wa6jja, IC-775DSP Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Chuck did a wonderfull job in repairing and retuning my IC-775DSP Transcever. It works better than ever. Even the filters work now.

W6CPA Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2005 15:11 Send this review to a friend
Great service, fair price.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have taken several pieces of gear to Chuck Turner and he has always done a great job and his prices are fair. He was able to bring my basketcase FT-736 back from the dead. He's not necessarily the fastest repair shop around, but he really knows radio. I highly recommend him. Ken

WA6KYR Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2005 14:00 Send this review to a friend
Does everything right  Time owned: months
I took my old Kenwood 850 radio in for service and he found a very subtle problem
and fixed it promptly and realigned the
radio so that the transmitter and receiver ran far better than when it was new.
I am happy Richard