Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | GHD Telegraph Key Help

Reviews Summary for GHD Telegraph Key
GHD Telegraph Key Reviews: 18 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: GHD Bugs and Paddles
More info: http://www.MorseX.com/ghd

You can write your own review of the GHD Telegraph Key.

N7AG Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2013 22:38 Send this review to a friend
THE SILENT ONE  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought this key by mistake; thought it was the single/dual lever. Marshall Emm, wizard of all things c.w. informs me that the GN-305 had a limited run, & was known as 'THE SILENT ONE'.

The dual paddles are independently adjustable 4 ways, as well as +- from paralel. Silence results from rubber snubs on the lever return, and the contacts being cantilevered with nylon washers. There is no "click" of any sort.
The outer binding posts are angled in, to accept 3 way cable. I appreciate the 3lb+ base. Springs are used in compression.
I think this key is as good as any.

K0FTC Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2013 13:50 Send this review to a friend
GHD GM307WSR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just recieved my new GHD GM-307-SWR paddle from Morse Express the day after I ordered it in priority mail. Well packed and shipped same day. I've hooked it up and have practiced at a variety of speeds - wow, perfect right out of the box,and there is no doubt in my mind that it will be a pleasure to use! These are beautifully made keys and paddles both in form as well as function. I was looking for another quality paddle and decided to get this one to sit along side my GHD straight key after talking to Marshall at Morse Express. I've bought several really outstanidng keys from Morse Express and they have never failed to impress - both the quality of the paddles/keys and the service. 73, John

N7KFD Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2012 16:41 Send this review to a friend
Best Key Ever!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own a GN407ABG. It's a single lever paddle with ball bearing movements.

I've had for about two years and it's fantastic. It's without a doubt the smoothest key I've ever owned and heavy enough to stay put on the desk. It's well built and even nice to look at. The adjustments are easy and as others have said, it's a dream to use. Smooth is the only word I can come up with to describe it's action. It was a little spendy at $250 but it's worth every penny, I know I'll never get rid of mine.

AB0XE Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2004 11:13 Send this review to a friend
just great!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
GN 307 WS (single or dual paddle, mechanical)
Received this key last week, it is definetly
a wonderfully crafted key. I work in a precision machine shop, and I showed everybody at work and simple said everybody was impressed with the quality.
But how it works is the test. I normally use a
Kent single paddle, and occasionally a Vibrokeyer. I figured it would take a few weeks to get the feel of this key which I configured as a single paddle. After a half dozen ragchews, it feels , well it feels like I have had it for years. JUst darn right comfortable .It was spendy ,but I love CW and this really was worth it for me. And so my vibrokeyer
goes in the drawer and the Kent gets sent to the field for portable QRP work. And the GHD has the place of honor on my desk, unfortunately I must cover it when my wife walks in the shack. I am not sure she will share the same enthusiam as I do for this great key.

AF8X Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2003 07:51 Send this review to a friend
Smooth  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have two Vibroplex bugs that I was very happy with and then I was presented with the GD107WS, a birthday gift from my very special friend, Luke JN3XAO. The adjustment of this key is very simple and the optical sensors provide very clean keying with no contact bounce. The optical sensing circuitry needs power to operate, but that shouldn't be a problem in the shack. Keying is very smooth and quiet. The heavy base provides a solid feel and the chrome finish is without flaws.
I preferred the single paddle keying and so made the easy conversion from the double paddle setup as it comes from the factory. This is a fine combination of a tried and true design with modern technology.

AC6YD Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2003 20:41 Send this review to a friend
It truly is the ultimate bug  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I originally purchased a GHD 205MKII back in 99, when hardly anyone knew of the GHD line. I stated then, and say again now, the GHD telegraphy keys are probably the best keys in the world today. I have used my original 205 since 99 exclusively and still find it to be a superb device.

Recently I purchased what GHD terms their ultimate bug the GD907WS. This is GHD’s fully automatic, optical sensor, bug. Well, Master Toshihiko Ujiie has done it again. I would have to say that the “907” is in fact the ultimate bug. As is the trademark of every GHD I have used, it only takes a light touch to make it work. Another trademark of the GHD is how quiet it is, and the 907 is no exception in that it is almost silent. The dots and dashes are perfect in form and the ratio is correct.

It took me all of one minute to adjust the 907 and get it on the air. I had two QSO’s and both op’s were very complimentary of the sound of the 907. One op was somewhat surprised to learn that it was a bug and not an Iambic paddle. It’s an incredible amount of fun and pleasure to use something that works as claimed and without a doubt the 907 surpassed my expectations. As with all GHD products the 907 is a superbly engineered device, and in the case of the 907 it is almost a work of art.

The bottom line is simply that the “907” has no peer in the world today. If you have a desire to own a fully automatic bug, and are willing to fork out the cash, then the GHD907 is the only way to go. You will not be disappointed.

KA0W Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2002 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Now Have Two!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
GH-GD347WS Optical Paddle

Enjoyed the optical GD347WS so much I had to purchase another. WB3EVL cut a set of larger finger pieces for my paddles in the pistol grip type shape which gave the paddle a more solid feel (thicker pieces) and more surface area to paddle on. After a few hundred QSO's with the paddles keying at a variety of speeds I sure have nothing to complain about. Smooth and comfortable sending.

WZ7I Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2002 13:47 Send this review to a friend
GD507 Optical Sensor Dual Paddle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Let’s face it – this is a product you don’t need. A Bencher or Kent paddle will allow you to send excellent CW and the Bencher on E Bay will cost about 25% of the price of this paddle.

But ball point pens work just fine, too. And yet I use a nice fountain pen because it brings me pleasure every day and because I can use it for hours and not tire of writing.

Like my fountain pen, the GD507 Optical paddle is a pleasure to look at and a pleasure to use. If you are accustomed to a paddle with very close contacts, this paddle will seem a little strange because the paddle handles must move farther to interrupt the light beam and “make contact”. But they can be set so they move much less than I would have expected.

You will never again reach for your paddle to respond to a “rare one” and send lousy code because of dirty contacts!

The US dealer, Marshall Emm, is a pleasure to work with.

KC1MK Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2002 00:07 Send this review to a friend
The keys of my dreams!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought the GHD GT504 straight key and GHD GN347WS mechanical paddles about a year ago from Morse Technologies, and they are a real pleasure to use and a beautiful sight as well. The quality and finish are absolutely first-rate, the operation is very smooth and precise, and they are easily adjusted and hold their adjustments well. They're not the cheapest keys around, but they are by no means the most expensive, and are well worth the price if you enjoy CW. If you enjoy CW, you'll enjoy it even more with a GHD!
I'm thinking of adding one of the GHD bugs to my collection. I admire bugs, but have never used one much. I think one of the GHD bugs might find regular use at my station though.

KA0W Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2002 22:51 Send this review to a friend
Yes, Very Smooth!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
GH-GD347WS Optical Paddle

An excellent paddle if you like a smooth feel to your paddle. A real pleasure to use. It is my present paddle of choice over my WBL V22. Info on the GHD paddles at: http://www.mtechnologies.com/ghd/

I certainly enjoy my GH-GD347WS.

Ken, KA0W