Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Kenwood TR-7010 Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood TR-7010
Kenwood TR-7010 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 2m SSB mobile transceiver

You can write your own review of the Kenwood TR-7010.

G4CQM Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2016 13:00 Send this review to a friend
Reliable and well built old radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
First owned a TR-7010 back in 1979 when I lived at Hindhead Surrey. Used it for DXing with a 16 ele Tonna, no linear. Worked lots of DX, receiver handled strong signals very well. Always received good audio reports. Sold on when I moved to HF bands. Bought another last year (2015), still going strong. Those Japanese manufactured components standing the test of time! These old radios are reliable, simple to use and can be repaired. Fun to use!

GM1FLQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 18, 2009 05:10 Send this review to a friend
Old is good in ham radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
Similar in operation to the Liner 2 - funny thing is I like this radio and my Liner 2 better than any of the newer 2m SSB radios I have owned, including TS711E, FT290 mk1 with Mutek, IC251E, FT225RD and FT726R. The 7010 and Liner 2 have character, sound nicer and the performance is as good if not better than the newer rigs - I don't care what paper specs say. Definately not impressed with anything made by I"con" these days - looks like accountants & the gimmick men are running the show there now.