Reviews Categories | Third-party Equipment | MFJ-1275 Soundcard-Rig Interface Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-1275 Soundcard-Rig Interface
MFJ-1275  Soundcard-Rig Interface Reviews: 10 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $89.95
Description:

Plug and Play! Load software Plug in MFJ-1275 to your computer/transceiver and enjoy operating modes like PSK-31!
MFJ\'s ConnectionWizard easily connects you transceiver to your computer\'s sound card for operation of PSk31, RTTY, SSTV, PACKET, AMTOR, CW, HSCW meteor scatter, Contest Voice Keying and other modes that require a sound card.
No more unplugging or manual switching for operating different modes with one radio!
MFJ\'s PSK/Bypass switch lets you choose normal operation or digital mode with a switch!
In bypass mode, your MFJ-1275 provides normal station operation with microphone audio, PTT, and VOX.
In PSK mode, microphone audio and PTT can be interrupted at anytime 0 this is great for SSTV or Voice keyer.
Sound card line input switch allows switching of sound card audio input between interface box and another audio source.
Speaker on/off switch.
Audio isolation transformers eliminate ground loops and audio hums. Input/Output audio level controls match sound card mic input.,br> MFJ-1275 includes rig interface in RF-free all metal cabinet, software, serial cable, audio cables, and power plug. Uses 12 VDC or 110 VAC with optional adapter. 8-pin microphone plug. Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu and compatibles.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-1275

You can write your own review of the MFJ-1275 Soundcard-Rig Interface.

W8QW Rating: 2/5 Mar 28, 2016 19:15 Send this review to a friend
So So Experience  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Received my new 1257 about 2 weeks ago and honestly the manual is so poorly written I'm amazed anyone ever gets the thing connected and running. This particular model comes with a modular microphone plug which is incompatible with my FTDX-1200 transceiver. I gotta admit, MFJ Customer Service has been responsive to my questions. But still, after a couple of weeks, I'm no closer to being on the air. Discouraged,..., you bet, frustrated, ..., yep. Wanna throw it against the wall,..., not yet but fast approaching. Not sure I'd recommend this to a fellow ham or not, and probably will not know until I can finally get things properly connected.

K1FPV Rating: 5/5 Jan 17, 2013 13:05 Send this review to a friend
Does What It Is Supposed To Do!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm the owner of 3 of these units. I have had to get into the circuit on one just once years ago. Other that initial setup which depending on the radio, can be a bit confusing, they have been flawless performers on each of the transceivers I've got them hooked up to.

Not bad for the price though there are more advanced devices on the market to achieve the same result, but at a bigger cost. It would be nice if MFJ came out with a version that used the USB port instead of the serial ports. Most newer computers don't have serial ports. I had to add a serial port card into my new Windows 7, multi-core processor computer.

All in all, still a decent bang for the buck!

NT9M Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2013 15:14 Send this review to a friend
Does what it's supposed to  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had mine for almost ten years now. During that time I've never had a bit of trouble with it. I've run it on an ICOM 718 and a Kenwood TS 2000. It uses internal jumpers, which actually is a good thing because it is very flexible. I also have SignaLink USB which also uses jumpers but includes an onboard soundcard. Recently I started using the SignaLink for Echolink and am using the MFJ again for HF digital modes and it is working like a champ. If I were buying new today I'd probably choose the SignaLink for a few dollars more than the MFJ because it uses a USB connection to the computer. But as long as you have a serial port on your computer and don't need the external soundcard, the MFJ will work nicely.

KA5PRO Rating: 1/5 Jan 15, 2013 12:37 Send this review to a friend
poor  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this second hand, and I do not think it had ever been used, as it still had tge jumpers in the bag and the cables were still tie wraped.

I had it working for about a day and a half, and now it won't key the radio. can't send it back as it was used.

Poor Quality!

VK3TDX Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2012 00:58 Send this review to a friend
No problems!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just recommended this product to a friend and was shocked to see all the negative reviews on eham. I know MFJ quality control has plenty of problems but I never had any issues with this device. I've run mine for about 7 years with no trouble - I'm very happy with it.

I think that HRO, DX-Engineering etc are all very good about customer service so if there's a quality problem with something like this I think they would replace promptly.

73 Steve VK3TDX

WM4RB Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2008 05:10 Send this review to a friend
No Problems Here  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned the MFJ-1275 for a couple of years or longer. It works very well and was easy to set-up. Everything needed was in the box.

KG4QWC Rating: 0/5 Aug 20, 2006 08:26 Send this review to a friend
No jumpers in package  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been thinking about a sound card interface for sometime. I decided I would go commercial so my shack looks professional. I bought an MFJ-1275 on Saturday. I got it home and all the cables were there, the box was there, the manual was there, an unexpected power supply was there, etc. Ok, no problem you say? Wrong, when I opened the case I see all the jumper blocks but alas no jumpers. I looked in the package box, the cable bags, the power supply box, and even under the circuit board. No jumpers to be found. I'm not impressed so far are you? The other complaint I have is the power-supply plug has white powder on it probably from left over residue when board was cleaned but who knows--a source of future problems. I have no idea if the 1275 works because I don't have any jumpers to set up the jumper blocks. Get the picture?

KC8ZYY Rating: 1/5 Jan 2, 2005 11:18 Send this review to a friend
Poor Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered an MFJ1275 directly from MFJ. Their email notification and service is terrible. I had order two other items from them along with the MFJ1275. They did not tell me that there would be a two to four week back-order on the MFJ1275. They waited until I emailed them to cancel the entire order to tell me this. I cancelled the order, and the next day they told me that one of the items was sent out the day before. How coincidental... The item sent (an MFJ 921 ANTENNA TUNER)was mailed via US POSTAL, took over a week and a half to arrive, and was stuck in my mail box.... Why wasn't it sent UPS like HRO or AES ships, plus they charged $10.00? Now that I have got the MFJ1275 from HRO, a great company, which by the way took only three days to arrive via UPS and no back order, and ships for free, I find that it does not interface well with a Kenwood TS2000. Although my radio has a TNC built in, it is not an advanced TNC, and can't be used with muti modes well. I find that the MFJ will transmit OK, but will not recieve well at all, or decode. The instructions on the MFJ leave a lot be be desired. I would recommend that you use a differant company such as HRO, or AES, and find a differant sound card interface to use and avoid this one.

W5DN Rating: 2/5 Mar 22, 2003 15:21 Send this review to a friend
MFJ 2, Me zero  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought an MFJ-1275 about a month ago. I was elated at how nice a package it was and how well it worked. Within a week it had frozen up on transmit, that is the PTT would not release. Due to the XYL being in the hospital and long delays on deliveries to the local ham store, I did not get a replacement until this week (3 weeks later). This one has worked for 3 days and now will not transmit at all. The PTT works but no audio is coming thru. I've checked all my connections and found nothing external. I'll probably go back to my little Rascal interface.
73 Jay W5DN

NP3K Rating: 4/5 Nov 21, 2001 22:00 Send this review to a friend
It works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had to wait two months after ordering directly from MFJ, finally received it last week. The only cables it brought were the in/out cables for the sound card, you'll need to buy the serial cable for the PTT. They need to improve the instruction manual, I read it several times to make sure....but I figured it out. When you Xmit you can hear a click (guess it's a relay), that can be improved. Over all it works OK and has a good appearance. I give it a 4.