Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Comet CA-UHV Help

Reviews Summary for Comet CA-UHV
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: The UHV-6 is Cometís 2rd generation HF ĖUHF mobile antenna, <br> and itís the best! Without the HF coils attached, the UHV is a tribander for 6M/2M/70cm. The top and side of the element has a threaded socket for attaching the HF coils of your choice, now you have 2 HF bands of your choice!Comes with 10M. 15M and 40M.
More info: http://www.cometantenna.com

You can write your own review of the Comet CA-UHV.

F4EPP Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2017 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Great and efficient antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It's BIGGER advantage compared to all other mobile antennas is that you can disasemble it in small pieces that fit easily even in a cabin luggage. The whip length was always a problem until I found this antenna.
I worked 2 contests with it (IOTA and ARRL)putting this antenna on it's mobile magnet on my barbecue and on an old hood. I made dozen of DX Qsos in this configuration with good SWR and no radials added around.
You can put simultaneously 4 HF band coils (3 horizontally like radials and 1 on top) + the antenna is always ready for 6/2 and 70 cm !
On 2 and 70 cm it is comparable with a good quarter wave dual band antenna even if it's taller with less SWR though.
I made a lot of sporadic QSOs on 6 and I can receive distant french beacons.
Yes guys, this antenna is good but... expensive !
South american customs forgot to put the coils back in my luggage, I had to spend 100 dollars to order new ones. Usually radio stores don't have them all.
This antenna is heavy and you'll need a larger mag mount to use it in motion. However, it is advised not to use it driving with all the HF coils because the top of the antenna is heavy in this case. It's safer with only one HF coil on top.
Pay attention to the small elements that are screwed with allen keys to old the whips.
You'll work the world with this up to 120 watts mobile antenna.

IW2DUG Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2014 12:52 Send this review to a friend
WOW !!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this antenna more than 8 years ago and using it only in few mobile occasions. Last year I past the summer at lake house them I use CA-UHV as emergency antenna just to listen and try some country in Europe with my TS-570DG. The antenna has been placed on 2 mt. small mast on the house terrace using a roof mount connector and 4mt. RG-58. Tuning procedure on 40Mt, 15mt and 10mt has been done easy. After 1 hour I worked many countries also outside Europe including USA, South and North America. After this experience I bought another one for mobile porpose and the first one is still on the must as primary antenna during the week-end. Great antenna 1,9Mt and many bands available. 20mt magic band still remain optional coil.
Ernesto
IW2DUG

G0AYD Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2008 03:03 Send this review to a friend
GREAT BRILL FAB  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After having the comet cahv and then foolishly selling it due using my motorcycle to commute,i decided to purchase the uhv-6,wow what a cracking mobile antenna to use ,i thought the cahv was good but this is much better,easy to set up on hf too.Im currently running 40-70 cms but am going to get the 20 mtr resonater,only down side was why no 20 mtr resonater????.During the winter months hope to utilise both being dry and warm and being able to use radio mobile. Dave G0AYD.

K6JEY Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2005 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Antenna fixed and mobile  Time owned: more than 12 months
First time out with my FT 100 I was mobile in Long Beach and worked Moscow over the pole. Packs easily into a suitcase and has gone to Hawaii several times. With a balcony mount I nearly worked WAC in one hour. (It was a ZL net with international checkins. I just barely heard the station in Europe but not well enough to work him.) Put a fishline between the spider and the forward part of the car to support the antenna mobile. For fixed, I use two radials per band and a Dentron Jr. Tuner. No SWR change from adding or taking away coils. Amazing. Great antenna.

M0BOV Rating: 4/5 Aug 22, 2001 08:42 Send this review to a friend
Well built antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well built, you can add optional coils to give you 17M and 20M. Comes with three HF bands. Tuned up without any problem, stays together well. Band width is fine except 10M.