Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | EVE Yaesu HT programming software Help

Reviews Summary for EVE Yaesu HT programming software
EVE Yaesu HT programming software Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $Shareware
Description: Used to modify memories/ frequencies/ options/ settings of selected Yeasu HT's.
More info: http://www.icongrp.com/~sllewd/eve170.zip

You can write your own review of the EVE Yaesu HT programming software.

N3EAY Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2007 23:33 Send this review to a friend
GREAT STUFF  Time owned: more than 12 months
Saves hours of tiny button pushing. Added cross band operation to mine by enabling the programing of a UHF TX freq and VHF RX freq on same channel. Removes a lot of limits also.

WA2E Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2006 14:30 Send this review to a friend
Good Stuff - Free  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ok I gave it a 5 for 2 reasons. It's free and saves your sanity of trying to program manually. Yes you still need a cable but these are available from many sources. I also found Dan's site down but here is an alternative site that also HAS the source code for those who have the skill. Seems the best way to go is download first when using a new radio then upload your configuration.

WL7BXM Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2001 10:05 Send this review to a friend
Possible loss of this great program?  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I'm writing this both to offer my sincere praise for this wonderful piece of software, and to inform readers that it might soon be lost forever.

I've been using EVE for some time now, and have always found it to be a virtually flawless alternative to Yaesu's expensive ADMS software packages. But today I went to Dan's site to check for upgrades and I find that he's closed down his site permanently. I've sent him email regarding the future of EVE, but have yet to get a response.

I, for one, would consider it a true loss if this wonderful software were to become unavailable in the future. I've suggested to Dan that he release the source under the GPL if he has no plans to continue to maintain EVE. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what he decides.

As for the rating, I give it a 5. Sure, there are some flaws but this is a project someone is doing entirely in their spare time and for free. The fact that it works half as well as it does would be amazing compared to some similar projects I've used. Thanks, Dan.

KC8IMB Rating: 4/5 Aug 22, 2001 11:56 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This software is pretty good. Of course, you will need the appropriate cable to run from your com port to the radio. This software makes it much easier to program the ht compared to doing unnecessary knob-twisting. My VX-5R memory bank is much more organized now and the ease of putting an alpha-numeric tag makes me give this a 4. Why not a 5??? There has been a few times the program would complete loading TO the transceiver but after finishing the display on the -5R would indicate "RX-ERROR". All I had to do is restart the EVE program and that fixed it right up. Enjoy this product, I know I have!

73's