Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | UI-View APRS Software Help

Reviews Summary for UI-View APRS Software
UI-View APRS Software Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $15.
Description: A reasonably priced software package for APRS. Runs under Win95/98/98SE/ME. There is a 16 bit shareware version available. The 32 bit version is register only (about $15)
More info: http://www.ui-view.org

You can write your own review of the UI-View APRS Software.

KC0GLA Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2005 11:55 Send this review to a friend
The only way to go.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is the APRS software. I use it with Percision Mapping maps and AGWPE Pro and have had great luck. I have even used a old 2M talkie to use during feild outings. It is very customizable and very easy to set up after reading the setup guide. I bought this program and use it all the time. This is the easy cheap way on APRS.

It also suports all the original DOS APRS maps.

K7TP Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2004 17:04 Send this review to a friend
Superb and Well Supported  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using this software for about two months. In conjunction with the Precision Mapping software there is nothing that comes close. APRSA is just not a competitor to this well thought out, well integrated package.
For only $15 and a bit more for the Precision Maps, you will have all you could ever hope for in an APRS suite.

K2LCA Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2003 09:56 Send this review to a friend
Best of Class  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've been using UI-View for the past year. Roger has done an excellent job. And with all the add-ons that are available, you can turn UI-View into almost any kind of APRS application. The programming interface is excellent, we have extended it for use by our emergency operations center here. I've also had it running continuously for 6 months as a digipeater and igate - no problems and very stable.

AD5GX Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2003 23:03 Send this review to a friend
Got Me on APRS  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I got on APRS on my own--of course with reading the articles on the internet. APRS was an unsolvable maze until I came across this software. I hooked up my HT to the soundcard and had APRS beacons mapped in a short time. Learning how to make a map from an online service took the longest and was still easy. I'm looking forward to getting the mapping software from Undertow at some point.

W1GFD Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2003 21:23 Send this review to a friend
The Primmer APRS Software  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using UI-View for 6 months now and can only say one thing “AMAZING!!!”
This software is undoable the best APRS software available, it is packed with features and tons of add-ons making it the most versatile APRS software I have ever seen, and the support is beyond outstanding via the Yahoo reflector. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the absolute best APRS software available today and probably for the future as the Roger keeps updating the program to meet the furthering demands of the APRS community.

AA1XD Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2003 23:07 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous Software  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
If I could give this software a 10+, I would. Linked with the Precision Mapping 6.0 from Undertow, It is one of the best programs I have found to date for APRS. I have helped set up this program several times now and have a few more to go. So far, everyone has been thrilled with it. Thanks and keep up the great work 73

K1UC Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2003 23:03 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Software!  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you're interested in APRS, BUY THIS PROGRAM! It is hugely underpriced for what you get, and the support on the open Yahoo reflector will bury you with help, tips, etc.

KD7T Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2003 23:27 Send this review to a friend
5 Stars!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy to set-up; Easy to learn; Easy to use!

{Feels Good...Tastes Great!)

AB8EO Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2003 23:12 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a first class program, with support in the form of an open user forum on Yahoo . I am a former WINAPRS user and seriously wonder why people still use it. Integration with AGWPE and Precision Mapping 5.0 is excellent.
If you are an APRS user, spend the 16 bucks and try this. You wont regret it.

VA3NEK Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2002 00:00 Send this review to a friend
APRS the easy way!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm a new amateur and have been having great fun with my new hobby! APRS was one of the things that has interested me for a long time. It also seemed like a good way to venture into the digital end of radio ... and I was curious about it.
I tried several programs and couldn't get any of them to work with my Kenwood, till I found UI-View. I tried the 16bit version first and with a little reading on the Yahoo support group had it working like a charm.
I played with the demo (16 bit) version for about a week and bought the 32 bit version.
So, having working software and it beginning easy to use has me rating it as a 5+.
There is a version that will work with Microsoft's Map Point but as the author says it is slow. I found that using the add maps feature has allowed my to use maps from both MS Map Point and the cheaper ( same maps as I can tell) MS Streets and Trips with no problems or loss of speed.
Using the location tool in MS Streets and Trips let's me do a print screen, cutting the actual map out and saving it as a GIF and then dragging it into UI-View let's me have a map for any place I want, right down to the street level. It is very accurate in it's handling of the additions. When tracking a mobile station UI-View will switch right down to the most detailed map available.
In all a very good piece of software at an affordable and reasonable price!