Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Mosley HF Vertical Antenna RV-4C Help

Reviews Summary for Mosley HF Vertical Antenna RV-4C
Mosley HF Vertical Antenna RV-4C Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $297.95
Description: HF Vertical Antenna 10-15-20-40-Mt..
More info: http://www.mosley-electronics.com

You can write your own review of the Mosley HF Vertical Antenna RV-4C.

KB5LYR Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2017 23:33 Send this review to a friend
Solid Performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
My particular Mosley RV-4C is a 1968 model. I purchased it off E-bay in 2006. It was brand new, complete, and in the original sealed box. I ground mounted it with 4 buried radials in 2011 and it has been a solid performer from the start. Every Spring, as with all my antennas, I take the antenna down and completely disassemble, inspect, clean, tightened up all the hardware, and install new Penetrox A Anti-Oxidant compound on all the joints. Where I live, the antenna is exposed to higher than normal winds on a regular basis that it handles very well. However, the wind does have a tendency to loosen some of the hardware. The coax connection to the antenna is a simple ring lug soldered to the center conductor and secured under a locked washered SS screw at the base of the antenna at the base insulator. The shield conductor is connected to the grounding plate's 8 foot ground rod and ground radials. (Newer versions have a so-239 connection) The SWR is 1.5:1 or less with no tuner or flat across the 4 bands the antenna is designed to work on using a tuner. This is an excellent antenna that has a very low take off angle and I have worked many stations all around the world with just 100 watts or less. If you have a chance to buy one of these, do it. Replacement parts are still available directly from Mosley.

W4ZFL Rating: 4/5 Nov 3, 2015 21:53 Send this review to a friend
Have used it in the U.S. and in Indonesia  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this antenna for many years and used it in Pensacola, Fla. on a Defefense Language Institute Assignment and in Indonrdia (another DLI assignmednt There i had a yaesi FT1oiEE a vomax audio processor and this antenna. Presently I still have the antenna in San Antonioi. Texas with lots of radials but it has a bad trap on 40 meters,

73. W4ZFL/5 San Antonio, TX

K8IKW Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2013 09:34 Send this review to a friend
sound mechanical performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
use this vertical ground mounted with 6 radials as companion to Radioworks OCF dipole at 50 ft between trees and most times vertical is far better on dx contacts success...low angle of radiation and use of radials and good soil conditions make exceptional unit work to its best. strong support mechanically in wind and rain for several years with not even a tilt off center...used for about 3 years currently

K7LZR Rating: 5/5 Aug 25, 2008 03:41 Send this review to a friend
Rugged, solid performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this antenna since summer 1986 - thats 22 years as of this writing - and I bought it second hand from an ex-ham who used it for ? years before I did. It has been ground mounted, above-ground mounted, strangely mounted, and is now mounted directly atop a 14x24ft. steel building.

It always has been and continues to be a solid performer.

My RV-4 maintains a very good SWR (<1.5) across the bands for which it was designed - 40/20/15/10 meters. I use it alot for SWLing above 4 mhz or so and it does well with that too.

If you want a good, well-built antenna that will perform year after year, then this is for you.

K2WO Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2002 12:37 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have the 6-Band version of this antenna(covers 40-30-20-15-12-10) which I purchased new from Mosley. I have had it up for about 6 months and am VERY pleased with the results. I originally planned to put down radials for it, but it has performed so well without them that I haven't taken the time to do that. I'll report again later when I do. This antenna is easy to put together. There are no adustments of any kind required. Everything is well-marked and it should take no more than an hour to put together. I have an SWR of less than 1.5:1 on all bands and have had a ball working lots of DX with it. Don't hesitate buying this antenna, it is is a great antenna. I'll let you know what happens once I put down some radials!

K7GJX Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2001 00:51 Send this review to a friend
Great DX Antenna!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have this 22 foot, 4 band, trap vertical antenna installed at ground level in my backyard only a few feet from the porch. Am using 12 buried radials - 8 cut for 20 meters and 4 cut for 40 meters. SWR is less than 1.5:1 on all bands (40-20-15-10). The RV4C has been up for about 2 1/2 years and in this time have worked over 100 countries on both SSB and cw. An excellent antenna for anyone who wants a low profile, efficient, easy to tune antenna! Superb Mosley quality and performance! Assembly and Installation only takes about one hour once you have all the hardware and sections laid out on the ground. This antenna is well worth the current price of $200+USD.

IK0FVC Rating: 4/5 Sep 1, 2001 01:46 Send this review to a friend
Easy to assemble, good performances  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just bought this antenna. I put it at ground level with 12 wire radials, tree for each band and I can say that it works very fine, especially on 20 and 40 mt..
Except for the first time, it is easy to set up (only two traps: e.i., the 14 AVQ Hy Gain has tree and is about 1,5 mt. shorter).
SWR is 1.1/1.2 on all bands and I was surprise that on 28 Mhz the resonance was 1.1 at 28 and 1.5 at 29.3!
Worked many dx with my Yaesu FT-100; I guess the angle radiation is good.
Just two criticisms:
a) the antenna's instructions are a little be difficult to understand, especially if you never saw a Mosley vertical before;
b) the measures given by Mosley were wrong, therefore I had to reduce them on the first and last section, making two holes with a drill.
That's why I give 4/5, but for dx performance I raccomand this antenna.
Best '73 and gd dx de IK0FVC/HV4NAC/1A0KM Francesco