Reviews Categories | Microphones | Heil HMM-K Help

Reviews Summary for Heil HMM-K
Heil HMM-K Reviews: 8 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $78
Description: Heil mobile mic for Kenwood
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/

You can write your own review of the Heil HMM-K.

G0RUD Rating: 5/5 Aug 15, 2016 05:31 Send this review to a friend
Top Class  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used one in a mobile set-up with a TS 480SAT for the last 3 years. Worked 150 DXCC countries from the car. Never failed to receive good or excellent audio reports from the stations worked. A robust and reliable microphone. Does not require careful setting up because it works well with Kenwood standard settings. If it broke beyond repair tomorrow I would go out and buy another straight away, it's as good as that !

N3ZKP Rating: 4/5 Dec 9, 2003 10:23 Send this review to a friend
Satisfied  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using this mic for over two years with the Alinco DX-70 in my vehicle as well as with another DX-70 for portable use. I have even tried it on my TS-570, but I notmally use a Heil ProSet for that rig. I have no complaints about the sound quality.

It is a solid, well constructed microphone with the heft and feel of the old Motorola Micor microphones (probably the best designed hand mics ever made. My only complaint is the stiffness of the cord.

I didn't give it a 5 because nothing's perfect. :)

N7LYO Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2003 22:32 Send this review to a friend
I really like this mike.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was having a real problem with car noise when running mobile. The DX element really did a good job of cancelling the noise. I tried three other mikes with no success.

N8SEX Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2003 20:58 Send this review to a friend
Well I did like it!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Use it with my TS2000, If you dont want to spend an extra 100 bucks on a gold plated boom and stand, this is the more cost effective way to get the great Heil sound. All I do is speak CLEARLY and USE COMMON sense when operating. Results, i like it!

Regards

NY4T Rating: 2/5 Oct 29, 2002 12:44 Send this review to a friend
I didn't like it  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was hoping this mic would be a cheap way to improve my audio. Not so. I get better audio reports with my Kenwood TS450 on the stock mic, even when I run the Heil mic through an 8 band equalizer.
Feel of the mic is also cheap to me, like they bought out the stock of some CB microphone company.

AC7RG Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2002 15:37 Send this review to a friend
Plug and Play GREAT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pre-wired for Kenwood so it is plug and play ready, fits like a glove and Heil quality. Great little microphone. The little switch on the back to switch elements is a nifty idea.

W6HE Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2001 22:53 Send this review to a friend
excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The mic works like a dream for dx.
With my kenwood 570d running mobile at
100 watts and a hamstick i have busted pileups.
With a dipole at 40 feet and 100 watts i have
busted large pileups. I believe it works so well
because it makes your voice, high pitched, and you stand out in the pileup.
I wish it was made out of steel instead of
plastic. (it looks a little cheap)
I hope it will hold up. all and all great product
and well worth the money.

K7FD Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2001 22:25 Send this review to a friend
Fits like a glove...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm the proud owner of a Heil handmic for my Kenwood TS-50s. First thing I noticed was full power output; the stock Kenwood mic never showed that kind of response to my voice before! Reports have been excellent and if you like comfort, the HMM-K fits like a glove. The ergonomics are terrific (for this right-handed op). I've used both elements and feel the 'DX' element does best while on the road, providing that extra punch.

73 John K7FD