Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Help

Reviews Summary for MTS /Malcolm Technical Support
MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Reviews: 196 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $50/hr
Description: Repairs Icom + ?
More info: http://mts-icom.wix.com/hamradiorepair

You can write your own review of the MTS /Malcolm Technical Support.

KB1NO Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2017 21:34 Send this review to a friend
Icom IC-761 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm on the opposite coast, so it was going to be expensive and risky to ship the heavy IC-761 to Scott.
I agreed to pay Scott for his time and he guided me through the repair via email.
I've used Scott before on smaller rigs, and was very pleased with the outcome.
I couldn't be happier with the outstanding service that Scott provides.

KC4PX Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2017 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Repair of IC-910H  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My 1296 Module would not operate in my IC-910H. I contact MTS to see if they were interested in repair of this radio. Communications was excellent all along the way from my shipping, his receipt of the radio, to final shipping back. MTS described what was found, (bad 5 volt regulator) repaired and also performed temperature testing which showed a hot regulator. They suggested I approve a modification where the regulator needed a heatsink - I approve, and the radio has been in excellent working order. MTS also indicated that if the display ever failed, they could also replace it. I highly recommend MTS

KD4EPG Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2017 23:16 Send this review to a friend
ICOM 746 repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My radio had a problem with the audio on the HF side. I sent the radio to Scott for repair an d alignment. The results are the radio is performing better than ever. The audio reports are fantastic and Scott did the work on a timely manner and was great at communicating during the process. The price he charged was pleasing as well. I would not hesitate to have him do repairs anytime.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2017 21:09 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME Repairs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well I sent a recently purchased ICOM 275A to Scott for repairs of someone else's attempted repairs.It would not tune most all of the time with the VFO knob nor was selecting Repeater Tones possible without using the hand held microphone up & down buttons.The radio would scan but it did not stop on any signals no matter what mode or how strong they were either.I shipped the radio 2 day Priority Mail & he had it just under a week when he contacted me saying it was on his bench & he saw the issues that I had listed on an enclosed note.He made the repairs & in a total of 9 days from him receiving the radio it was back on my operating desk.Communication was 2nd to none & the radio has performed flawlessly since it has returned.I LOVE the 275A & was happy someone of his skill & knowledge level still works on them.I would not hesitate sending my gear across the United States from Florida to Washington State for servicing from Scott & I have already given his contact information to another local friend who has a radio in need of repair.His rates are Very Reasonable & his communications & workmanship are EXCELLENT & a Big Plus in the Amateur Radio repair business these days & for sure on older rigs that ICOM no longer services in their service centers.If you need your older model ICOM serviced along with some other brands get in contact with Scott & you will be Very PLEASED!

WA7HAA Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2017 12:34 Send this review to a friend
Honest and fast service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I sent two Icom radios to Scott for eval/repair. He got back to me quickly considering the volume of business he has. He gave me an honest evaluation on the repair of one of the radios, and it was basically to cut my losses as the repairs could cost more than the radio was worth. I really appreciated this, and I knew going in that this could be a possibility. The second radio was repaired quickly, and works as it should. Very reasonable repair cost and return shipping. It may be a broken record, but I can't recommend Scott enough. Hope he doesn't retire for a long time. By the way, turn around time was about 2 weeks. Unbelievable.

K4CWO Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2017 07:43 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Sent Scott my 756 PROIII for repair. Had it back very quickly after he repaired it,with the problem solved. Very resonable repair rates. I have sent Scott one other radio in the past (IC-735) with same outstanding repair and quick turn around results. He is the best. My "goto" choice for service.

KG7KVH Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2017 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Pleasantly Surprised!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Notwithstanding the outstanding reviews others have posted regarding Scott and his work, I was afraid my IC-746 was done for after the "repair" I performed on it. I described my problem to him via email, and he responded optimistically. Once I finally got the radio to him, he repaired it and sent it back within 10 days, and I am pleased with the price. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

N5KDA Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2017 18:37 Send this review to a friend
Great work Great price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Scott repaired my IC-756 Pro II. The PA board had fried. With some traces burned I thought it would need a new board. Scott cleaned it up and did some other minor work. The rig is working great now for two weeks. Scott came highly recommended and after using his service I can recommend him highly.

GW4WND Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2016 07:18 Send this review to a friend
True Amateur Spirit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I approached Scott as I had recently acquired an IC701 in non-working order. As I am in the UK sending a unit to Scott to be looked at was never going to be economical.
Rather then just snub me Scott responded to my emails quickly and extensively and guided me through to get the rig working again. His knowledge is as great as his patience!
A wealth of knowledge and experience is available clearly and offered in the true spirit of Amateur Radio. I would not hesitate to recommend his services.

W5JLH Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2016 11:03 Send this review to a friend
ICOM IC-756 Pro II Problem  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had an ICOM 756 Pro II that would not work on RIT, when RIT button pressed, the screen (display would go dark and radio froze. I would power down and back up then the radio would work normally, but dont hit that RIT button. Also memory stopped storing channels. Scott said check my ribbon cables on the front panel. I carefully opened up the radio and re-plugged all of the ribbon cables and VOILA! the radio came back on, and all function worked perfectly - Scott knows this product and was fast in returning my emails. I will send him all my Business from now on (A call to ICOM and they told me to buy a IC-7300 lol!)
Thanks Scott You Da Man! Jerry H W5JLH