Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Help

Reviews Summary for MTS /Malcolm Technical Support
MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Reviews: 199 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $50/hr
Description: Repairs Icom + ?
More info: http://mts-icom.wix.com/hamradiorepair

You can write your own review of the MTS /Malcolm Technical Support.

WA9WCN Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2018 20:02 Send this review to a friend
Icom 741 (IC745)   Time owned: more than 12 months
Scott was very professional...Excellent communicator about the issues with the gear. Scott was able to track down leaky transistor, diodes and a cap on the RF unit. Overall alignment after a 4 hour on time. The price of labor and parts was very reasonable. The receiver sounds like a brand new piece of equipment. I would highly recommend his service. The radio was returned after about 2 weeks including transportation from Las Vegas to Toledo, Wa and return.

W4AMP Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2017 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Great Icom man!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent Icom tech with affordable prices. Actually cares about his customers and does a great job. The only tech I would trust with my Icom 375A.

WB8DTJ Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2017 12:25 Send this review to a friend
Fixed my Icom746Pro  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I had a problem with my Icom IC746Pro and was discouraged, thinking that it would cost an arm and a leg to get it repaired and back on the air. I contacted Scott and he offered a suggestion as to what the problem might be and an approximate cost for the repairs. I forwarded the rig to Scott and was pleasantly surprised to hear that issue was not as severe as first anticipated. He updated the rig with a couple of mods and the cost was considerably less than what I had anticipated. If you need work done on your Icom equipment I can think of no one better to help you out.

KB1NO Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2017 21:34 Send this review to a friend
Icom IC-761 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I'm on the opposite coast, so it was going to be expensive and risky to ship the heavy IC-761 to Scott.
I agreed to pay Scott for his time and he guided me through the repair via email.
I've used Scott before on smaller rigs, and was very pleased with the outcome.
I couldn't be happier with the outstanding service that Scott provides.

KC4PX Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2017 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Repair of IC-910H  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My 1296 Module would not operate in my IC-910H. I contact MTS to see if they were interested in repair of this radio. Communications was excellent all along the way from my shipping, his receipt of the radio, to final shipping back. MTS described what was found, (bad 5 volt regulator) repaired and also performed temperature testing which showed a hot regulator. They suggested I approve a modification where the regulator needed a heatsink - I approve, and the radio has been in excellent working order. MTS also indicated that if the display ever failed, they could also replace it. I highly recommend MTS

KD4EPG Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2017 23:16 Send this review to a friend
ICOM 746 repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My radio had a problem with the audio on the HF side. I sent the radio to Scott for repair an d alignment. The results are the radio is performing better than ever. The audio reports are fantastic and Scott did the work on a timely manner and was great at communicating during the process. The price he charged was pleasing as well. I would not hesitate to have him do repairs anytime.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2017 21:09 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME Repairs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well I sent a recently purchased ICOM 275A to Scott for repairs of someone else's attempted repairs.It would not tune most all of the time with the VFO knob nor was selecting Repeater Tones possible without using the hand held microphone up & down buttons.The radio would scan but it did not stop on any signals no matter what mode or how strong they were either.I shipped the radio 2 day Priority Mail & he had it just under a week when he contacted me saying it was on his bench & he saw the issues that I had listed on an enclosed note.He made the repairs & in a total of 9 days from him receiving the radio it was back on my operating desk.Communication was 2nd to none & the radio has performed flawlessly since it has returned.I LOVE the 275A & was happy someone of his skill & knowledge level still works on them.I would not hesitate sending my gear across the United States from Florida to Washington State for servicing from Scott & I have already given his contact information to another local friend who has a radio in need of repair.His rates are Very Reasonable & his communications & workmanship are EXCELLENT & a Big Plus in the Amateur Radio repair business these days & for sure on older rigs that ICOM no longer services in their service centers.If you need your older model ICOM serviced along with some other brands get in contact with Scott & you will be Very PLEASED!

WA7HAA Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2017 12:34 Send this review to a friend
Honest and fast service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I sent two Icom radios to Scott for eval/repair. He got back to me quickly considering the volume of business he has. He gave me an honest evaluation on the repair of one of the radios, and it was basically to cut my losses as the repairs could cost more than the radio was worth. I really appreciated this, and I knew going in that this could be a possibility. The second radio was repaired quickly, and works as it should. Very reasonable repair cost and return shipping. It may be a broken record, but I can't recommend Scott enough. Hope he doesn't retire for a long time. By the way, turn around time was about 2 weeks. Unbelievable.

K4CWO Rating: 5/5 Mar 2, 2017 07:43 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Sent Scott my 756 PROIII for repair. Had it back very quickly after he repaired it,with the problem solved. Very resonable repair rates. I have sent Scott one other radio in the past (IC-735) with same outstanding repair and quick turn around results. He is the best. My "goto" choice for service.

KG7KVH Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2017 14:37 Send this review to a friend
Pleasantly Surprised!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Notwithstanding the outstanding reviews others have posted regarding Scott and his work, I was afraid my IC-746 was done for after the "repair" I performed on it. I described my problem to him via email, and he responded optimistically. Once I finally got the radio to him, he repaired it and sent it back within 10 days, and I am pleased with the price. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.