Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Help

Reviews Summary for MTS /Malcolm Technical Support
MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Reviews: 175 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $50/hr
Description: Repairs Icom + ?
More info: http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/mts/

You can write your own review of the MTS /Malcolm Technical Support.

KZ6Q Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2013 12:38 Send this review to a friend
Icom 765  Time owned: more than 12 months
I would like to recommend Scott Malcolm for repair of Icom products. I had Scott repair my Icom 765 and the work was excellent. The service was fast and the price was reasonable. I would not hesitate to use MTS again. Thank's Scott for a job well done.

73's Ed Pierce Kz6q

KF7MUH Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2013 21:45 Send this review to a friend
Icom Repair Quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Just got my Icom IC551D back from Scott. The rig looks like & functions like new. Scott is a true professional. I have no hesitation at all in reccomending him to anyone needing Icom repair.

N4QCV Rating: 5/5 Mar 25, 2013 21:05 Send this review to a friend
AN ICOM TECH WIZARD AAA++  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
SCOTT MALCOM IS A WONDERFUL TECHNICIAN WITH ICOM RADIOS.....I HAVE AN ICOM IC 751 NOT A 751 A I HAD BOUGHT FRON QRZ.COM I HAD SOME TROUBLE WITH THE DISPLAY YOU CAN SEE WAHT IT WAS DOING BY GOING TO
U TUBE.COM AND LOOK UP....ICOM IC 751 DIMMING DISPLAY AND YOU WILL SEE......SO ANYWAY THAT VERY SAME DAY THAT NIGHT AFTER SUPPER SOMETHING BURNED UP IN THE DC TO DC CONVERTER FOR THE DISPLAY I SMELLED BURNING INSULATION.....RECIEVE WAS DEAD AND THE METER WAS AT HALF SO I WROTE TO SCOTT AND SENT IT TO HIM HE FIXED IT AND TESTED IT ON HIS BENCH AND IT BURNED UP ON HIM AFTER A FEW HOURS SO HE SENT ME A E MAIL AND SAID IT LOOKED LIKE THE DISPLAY BOARD WAS CAUSING THE PROBLEM HE GOT A NEW OLD DISPLAY BOARD FROM HIS 'BOARD GUY' AND INSTALLED IT AND TESTED IT FOR FOUR DAYS IT NEVER DIMMED AGAIN AND WAS ROCK SOLID .....SCOTT WENT TO A LOT OF TROUBLE TO TRACK DOWN THE PROBLEM!!!!!! HE WORKED ON IT FOR ABOUT A WEEK OR SO.....HE IS VERY VERY KNOWLAGABLE ABOUT ICOM RADIOS AND WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS BY E MAIL PROMTLY!!!!!!!!IF OTHERS SAY YOUR ICOM CANT BE FIXED GIVE SCOTT A E MAIL AND ILL BET HE CAN WORK SOME MAGIC ON THAT ICOM....HE SURE DID ON MY IC 751 IT WORKS LIKE A NEW RADIO.....HE GETS AAA++
FROM ME I WILL SEND ALL MY ICOM PROBLEMS TO SCOTT ..... FOR ANY FUTURE ICOM RADIOS.!!!!!!!!!!!

......AND HIS PRICES FOR REPAIR ARE REALLY VERY REASONABLE!!!!!!!!!!1

DENNIS
N4QCV
ARRL VEC

KG7OF Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2013 08:05 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I knew Scott when I worked for Icom in the early 90's though I doubt he would remember me. I have sent many radios for him to repair. Scott is quick, fair and honest. He is an Icom expert.

N4SAX Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2013 07:09 Send this review to a friend
Expert Radio Repairman!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently I sent my trusty IC-703 to Scott after the RF power output became erratic and then went QRT. Scott aptly identified and corrected the problem in the PA circuit and the cost of his service to bring life back to my Icom rig was about half of what I expected it would be! I whole-heartedly endorse MTS services. Thanks Scott for your super work on my IC-703!

N0JR Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2013 06:05 Send this review to a friend
Superb Service!!!!!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Scott has now done perhaps a dozen service jobs for me over the years, and every one has been superbly done. I have been completel6y satisfied with his work, and his fees are very fair. I recommend him without qualification, esp. for work on legacy Icom equipment. Thanks Scott!!!

KA0CSL Rating: 5/5 Jan 21, 2013 21:48 Send this review to a friend
Icom 756 Pro Repair!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Scott is awesome. He's better than Icom. Because he provides a quality service at half the cost. It may take some time but you'll be very happy with his repairs.

Thank's Scott

K1IW Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2013 15:31 Send this review to a friend
Couldn't be Better  Time owned: more than 12 months
My TM741A was completely dead. It would not power up. Scott diagnosed and fixed the problem for a very reasonable price. I highly recommend his service. A word of caution: Scott is deservedly busy, so you will need to be patient waiting for your repair. Mine took about two months. He sets this expectation from the start. It is well worth the wait.

N7ITE Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2013 18:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent service!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My IC-765 need the trimmer caps replaced. My Elmer recommended MTS so I sent it off to Scott. Scott's website said that service was taking about 7 weeks, and my IC-765 was done in 6 weeks. Communications from Scott were excellent and the radio was returned well packed in the same double boxes that I sent in. The price was very fair, and the radio works perfectly! If you have an Icom that needs service, I highly recommend MTS!

K5WLY Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2012 10:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got my 7000 back, random smoke issue, working perfectly. Very happy with the repair, communication and return shipping. It was packaged much better than how I packaged it for the trip there. Highly recommended.