Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Help

Reviews Summary for MTS /Malcolm Technical Support
MTS /Malcolm Technical Support Reviews: 195 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $50/hr
Description: Repairs Icom + ?
More info: http://mts-icom.wix.com/hamradiorepair

You can write your own review of the MTS /Malcolm Technical Support.

KB6QVI Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2016 13:13 Send this review to a friend
Highly reccomend Scott  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Scott just brought a IC-251A 2 meter all mode rig that was given to me back from the dead that I didn't think would ever work again, it's perfectly aligned now and I'm back on 2 Meter SSB. Turnaround time was about 3 weeks from the time I shipped it to the time I was using the radio again. The guy is nothing short of amazing, I would highly reccomend him to repair any Ham gear.

WA4CWC Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2016 05:33 Send this review to a friend
Scott the Icom Man!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, Scott Malcolm does it again...I purchased an Icom IC-746 with low receive, sent out to MTS and 2 weeks I had a like new radio, this was the second time I've used MTS. The first time was an Icom IC-551D with low transmit power, He repaired that problem also. The price of each of these repairs was very acceptable. I highly recommend Scott Malcolm at MTS, and I believe you will also. Keep up the good work Scott

W5NG Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2016 07:17 Send this review to a friend
Awesome service and expertise  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own several older Icom radios, and some newer ones as well. Scott has serviced or repaired many of my radios over the years. They are always right when I get them back with zero issues. He has an incredible knowledge of Icom radios. I would never send one anywhere else. Thank you Scott!
73 George W5NG

KC2KKP Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2016 12:10 Send this review to a friend
The best  Time owned: months
Three separate repair experiences and all 10/10. The finest repair tech. What more can I say? You'd have to be crazy to go elsewhere. I have local repair people within a 20 minute drive from my home and I still choose to ship my rigs cross country to Scott.

N7EKY Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2015 07:52 Send this review to a friend
V ery Honest & Reasonable  Time owned: more than 12 months
He is very busy, probably because he is so honest and a great tech. Found the problem and didn't charge me.

W5JMW Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2015 14:59 Send this review to a friend
repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can't recommend MTS enough for Icom repair and advice.He runs about 3-4 weeks turn-a-round because He is the best there is.I use him and trust him on all Icom repairs and upgrades.He replaces most Icom parts with tougher,better devices.Words like fantastic,etc are not enough.

N4ATS Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2015 06:05 Send this review to a friend
MTS's Help  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent MTS some equipment to repair and he did an outstanding job for a reasonable price! Awesome guy. He helps me out quite a bit. Thank you

W9JB Rating: 5/5 Oct 20, 2015 13:38 Send this review to a friend
MTS said "yes" when others said "no"  Time owned: more than 12 months
After being rejected by other more proximate ICOM repair centers, I turned to Scott/MTS for resurrecting my ICOM 271H multi-mode 2 meter transceiver. Based on prior 271 work, Scott was confident he could repair the basic problem (PLL failure), and did so for a reasonable fee -- while finding a few other items that required attention. Scott/MTS is a valuable resource for older unit ICOM repair, and is highly recommended ... which is why so many others have rated his service a "5".

NO2C Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2015 10:42 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First off, I want to thank all of Scott's customers that came before me for writing their reviews. That is what lead me to use Scott.
I'm definitely a Rip Van Winkle Ham, I got out of the hobby 30 plus years ago. When I returned, my Icom 211 and Icom 701 were Smithsonian pieces. The 211 powered up, but that was all it did. I shipped it out to Scott and he gave me an honest evaluation of the unit. I decided (with Scott's advice) it would not meet my needs for 2 meter operation today. Scott recommended I find a 271 or a 271A. I found a 271. I had it sent directly to Scott. When he received it, he immediately saw it was a 271 from Australia. He gave me a price to upgrade the unit to a 271A. I received the unit yesterday.
Now let me tell you about the upgrade. It works perfectly, and Scott went the extra mile and changed the face-plate to say 271A. He also printed out the 271A manual and put it in a binder. My 701 replacement, a 751A is on it's way to Scott.
In today's world it is amazing to find a craftsman who still remembers who the customer is.
I would recommend Scott for any repair task he is willing to take on.

AB6TN Rating: 5/5 Sep 1, 2015 00:04 Send this review to a friend
You won't be disappointed  Time owned: more than 12 months
Icom no longer services 746 non pro, but Scott does. The FM went out and Scott replaced a trimmer that was the source of the problem. He ALSO updated PA,updated firmware and performed other checks to insure optimum performance. This radio performs better than it did when brand new. The price was right and all aspects of the the transaction were very professional.